GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: PanzersEast on November 07, 2014, 12:26:41 PM

Title: Rocket Ranger released on GOG
Post by: PanzersEast on November 07, 2014, 12:26:41 PM
GOG has released Rocket Ranger with DOS and Amiga versions.

http://www.gog.com/game/rocket_ranger_emulated_amiga_edition

PE
Title: Re: Rocket Ranger released on GOG
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 07, 2014, 03:04:19 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on November 07, 2014, 12:26:41 PM
GOG has released Rocket Ranger with DOS and Amiga versions.

http://www.gog.com/game/rocket_ranger_emulated_amiga_edition

PE

Is this something I should be excited about? I do not recall ever playing this game.
Title: Re: Rocket Ranger released on GOG
Post by: Huw the Poo on November 07, 2014, 03:39:19 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 07, 2014, 03:04:19 PM
Is this something I should be excited about? I do not recall ever playing this game.

It's one of the old Cinemaware games in which you play as a jetpack-powered hero fighting the Nazis!  Similar to their other games which are a series of different, repeatable set-pieces with an overall goal.  It was quite good as I recall, but I was very young when it was released so I don't remember it well.

So if you like Defenders of the Crown, It Came from the Desert et al you'd probably like this one too.
Title: Re: Rocket Ranger released on GOG
Post by: Cyrano on November 07, 2014, 04:34:33 PM
I wasn't quite so young when it came out and I finished it three times...

Watching this, I am again compelled to wonder why...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6vIHcxGyIA

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Title: Re: Rocket Ranger released on GOG
Post by: PanzersEast on November 07, 2014, 04:38:52 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on November 07, 2014, 04:34:33 PM
I wasn't quite so young when it came out and I finished it three times...

Watching this, I am again compelled to wonder why...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6vIHcxGyIA

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

I was too young and after watching that, the moon base bit with the chicks got me  :2funny:

PE