GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: TacticalWargames on November 07, 2014, 01:32:36 PM

Title: Enemy Coast Ahead.
Post by: TacticalWargames on November 07, 2014, 01:32:36 PM
This Solo GMT effort is looking very good imndeed. Everything I've read about it so far ha shad me warming to the game and it's subject matter.

In Enemy Coast Ahead: The Dambuster Raid, you command a newly formed squadron assigned the task of breaching the dams in the Ruhr Valley.  Not only are you presented with a variety of decisions, you play the invisible hand of fate as your crews endure the hazards of a dangerous night raid. Play the campaign and you get to organize and train the squadron, or play the historical scenarios.

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=724 (http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=724)

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-439-enemy-coast-ahead-the-dambuster-raid.aspx (http://www.gmtgames.com/p-439-enemy-coast-ahead-the-dambuster-raid.aspx)
Title: Re: Enemy Coast Ahead.
Post by: PanzersEast on November 07, 2014, 04:04:33 PM
This has been on my list, however not a lot of reviews or feedback out there.  Anyone have feedback for this one or a brief review?


PE
Title: Re: Enemy Coast Ahead.
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 22, 2015, 03:08:47 AM
I was given a 33% off coupon for a local-ish (1 hour drive) nerd store so I picked up a copy today.  It's the first board game I've bought in at least 15 years and only the 2nd ever solitaire one I've ever owned so we'll see if I have the patience to go back to pre-digital days.
Title: Re: Enemy Coast Ahead.
Post by: ArizonaTank on February 22, 2015, 04:20:52 PM
Got my copy yesterday.  Wow, quite a bit of reading.
Title: Re: Enemy Coast Ahead.
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 22, 2015, 05:05:18 PM
If you can find a copy, I highly recommend the book The Dam Busters by Paul Brickhill.  It's by far the most complete and best book I've read on 617 Sqn. 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=dam%20busters%20paul%20brickhill (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=dam%20busters%20paul%20brickhill)

There's a really good audio recording of it you can get through the world library if your local library has signed up for the service.

http://www.worldcat.org/title/dam-busters/oclc/173197851 (http://www.worldcat.org/title/dam-busters/oclc/173197851)
Title: Re: Enemy Coast Ahead.
Post by: Nefaro on February 22, 2015, 05:47:20 PM
Let us know how it turns out.

I had briefly considered this one, and that other Night Fighter game that came with add'l solitaire rules.  But was hesitant.  The subject matter made me wonder about the variety of gameplay.
Title: Re: Enemy Coast Ahead.
Post by: PanzersEast on February 23, 2015, 11:21:08 AM
Good game, although I had to house rule the RP request.... thought it odd that you can just keep requesting them with out a hefty penalty.


PE