So why is this? I'd love to see a FPS depicting shootouts from movies (or pastiches if licences are too expensive). Coop v AI version of the Magnificent Seven? Team deathmatch for Gunfight at the OK Corral? You could have some sort of mouse-controlled mechanism to do quick-draw and have duel servers.
I know there have been games, but they've never really succeeded, and I don't see why. The mythical wild west is surely the archetypal setting for a FPS.
You play Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood? Very good game there.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is a really fun little game as well. It's got all the usual cowboy tropes and the story is well acted and plays out in a really interesting way. You play through a series of flashbacks as an old timer recounts his story to a crowd in a bar. Sometimes one of the listeners will call him out of some fishy sounding part of his story and reality will suddenly shift in game as he back pedals and clarifies.
I would love a Western themed RPG or MMO even. That's been a dream game of mine for years. But it has to be realistic, no power ups or crap like that.
Except for zombies. I'm ok with zombies being a part.
Cowboys are racist and probably mysogynistic.
Games with these characters won't fly these days.
They'll get flak left and right. :idiot2:
Yet that changes my desire for said game not at all........
Quote from: jomni on December 04, 2014, 07:37:26 PM
Games with these characters won't fly these days.
They'll get flak left and right. :idiot2:
... pun...
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 04, 2014, 07:41:57 PM
Quote from: jomni on December 04, 2014, 07:37:26 PM
Games with these characters won't fly these days.
They'll get flak left and right. :idiot2:
... pun...
Wow didn't notice that. Boom boom boom!
Nah, I caught it. I just want my damn cowboy game, ha!
Quote from: Father Ted on December 04, 2014, 05:00:12 PM
So why is this? I'd love to see a FPS depicting shootouts from movies (or pastiches if licences are too expensive). Coop v AI version of the Magnificent Seven? Team deathmatch for Gunfight at the OK Corral? You could have some sort of mouse-controlled mechanism to do quick-draw and have duel servers.
I know there have been games, but they've never really succeeded, and I don't see why. The mythical wild west is surely the archetypal setting for a FPS.
I've often wondered about the same thing! There were only three recent titles of note: Red Dead Redemption (sadly, no PC version), Call of Juarez (I tried the demo and loved it, but never purchased it because I heard it doesn't work well with Win 8.1), and Borderlands (okay, that is more western sci-fi, but still). That is it! Sad!
I would think a western shooter would be a lot of fun, especially seeing how the weaponry would be much more skill-based than what you have in a modern shooter. Add in some horses like in M&B (which does have a western mod), and you could even have a type of Battlefield dynamic. Add in some indians, and you have the makings for some great team-based play.
I would think such a setting would offer a lot of fun and possibilities for any game studio. But sadly we live in a time where video game design seems to be all about "you go first," at least when it comes to big devs.
Lastly, one of my favorite SSI titles was a tactical wargame about shoot-outs in the old west (I forget the name). It felt a lot like the old Computer Ambush as you had all sorts of tactical options, and could really use the terrain to your advantage (you could hide behind bars, under tables, etc.). A lot of fun!
I am curious: has anyone made a board game with a gunfighter theme?
Wait. Did you just say mount and blade cowboy mod? That's cool. Is there an existing project?
I bought red dead redemption in the bargain bin at target years after it was released simply because of the western theme and the fact that there's not much out there. I still play it every now and then, It's the same engine as the gta series, but the western theme actually fits in well. In fact I think it's one of the best rockstar games using the gta engine. Shocked they never got around to a PC version.
Quote from: jomni on December 04, 2014, 08:41:29 PM
Wait. Did you just say mount and blade cowboy mod? That's cool. Is there an existing project?
That would be amazing.
My dream Western is a Skyrim, where you can build, mod, mine, adventure...where there is a rep system where you can become notorious for your misdeeds, where you can build a reputation with a gun and put on a Marshal's star. Where guns are accurately modeled, where you can feel the sand under your feet in Tombstone and sweat over if you have enough bullets to survive the warband of Apache's you just crossed.
Yeah, I'd buy that.
Quote from: jomni on December 04, 2014, 07:37:26 PM
Cowboys are racist and probably mysogynistic.
Games with these characters won't fly these days.
They'll get flak left and right. :idiot2:
I suspect that nothing about cowboys seems racist or mysogynistic enough. SS panzertruppen "HimmelTigeroid" cowboys from a spartan world without women might sell.
Quote from: RooksBailey on December 04, 2014, 08:34:30 PM
I am curious: has anyone made a board game with a gunfighter theme?
Gunslinger, by Avalon Hill circa 1982. Accept no substitutes. It might cost ya a bit but well worth it. Kind of detailed/crunchy in the 80's wargame way, but I've played few games that tell stories like Gunslinger does. I remember specific incidents from games I played 30 years ago.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1044/gunslinger
If you are willing to go down the miniatures path, The Rules With No Name are hard to beat. Requires a bit more effort but a fine set of rules and a fun game.
http://www.mts.net/~gisby/noname.htm
I was going to ask about Grand Theft Horse when someone mentioned it up-thread
I made an ebook (.chm, Windows Compiled Help Manual, i.e., HTML based help file) of the rare 3rd edition rules for the old TSR game "Boot Hill". It's an easy to play and fun game using table top miniatures (which can be bought very cheaply on ebay) or by using one of those square grid playing mats that you can draw on with a dry erase marker and some chits. I'll share that file with those that may be interested:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc4cu2bfaugt1jh/Boot%20Hill%203.chm?dl=0
(I may put together a VASSAL module for it some day, who knows!)
There's also a game which is similar to Boot Hill and a bit of a "lite" version of AH's Gunslinger called "Outlaws" that was done by an amature game designer but it is a very polished game with some wonderful graphics. It's a free print and play (and it has a VASSAL module already). You can find it at:
http://cryhavocgames.net/Outlaws.htm
There's also "Cowboys: Way of the gun": http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/17465/cowboys-way-gun
"The Rules with no name": http://www.amazon.com/RULES-WITH-NO-NAME-Fistful/dp/190154317X
And probably dozens more board/miniature games covering the subject.
Quote from: Bardolph on December 04, 2014, 09:47:57 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on December 04, 2014, 08:34:30 PM
I am curious: has anyone made a board game with a gunfighter theme?
Gunslinger, by Avalon Hill circa 1982. Accept no substitutes. It might cost ya a bit but well worth it. Kind of detailed/crunchy in the 80's wargame way, but I've played few games that tell stories like Gunslinger does. I remember specific incidents from games I played 30 years ago.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1044/gunslinger
If you are willing to go down the miniatures path, The Rules With No Name are hard to beat. Requires a bit more effort but a fine set of rules and a fun game.
http://www.mts.net/~gisby/noname.htm
Boot Hill count? There's plenty of that game that gets played on a map.
edit: ninja'ed while looking for Outlaws! graphics
There's also
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/85530/outlaws-adventures-old-west
There was someone working on a new set of graphics for a while
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ftalk.consimworld.com%2FWebX%3F233%40%40.1dd2df44%2F1788%21enclosure%3D.1dd53021&hash=c5d6b33fab0ef7e2c145b946c59f58651c9f88c7)
There are two western FPS not mentioned yet, 'Outlaws' that I played often,and a mod for modern version of wolfenstien that made a realy good bank robber scenarios etc...
A few points:
On Page 1 of my "Big Book of Ideas That Will Never See The Light of Day" I have an overview, some basic use-cases, a basic flow-chart, a story-board and even some wire-frames of a game tentatively titled "A Quick and the Dead shooter for ipad etc". Think "Pistols at Dawn" meets Madden football "pass" mechanic. To make it difficult, you might need two of the "pass meters", one for each hand. And to make it interesting, you'd be able to "level up or one-time bonus skills" to change aspects of the pass meters.
Gunslinger is indeed an excellent game. It is very detailed, which some people find boring. I hosted a game at a convention last year and MOST of the people at the table (only 1 had played it before) didn't like it. Having said that, I might even be willing to manage an on-line game of it via this forum if you really want. You can find the rules, etc in various what-appear-to-be-legal places on the net, and theres' a good VASSAL module as well.
Cowboys: Way of the Gun by Worthington is okay. It's not as detailed as Gunslinger, but that's not a bad thing.
Legends of the Old West is a minis based game by Warhammer Historicals. It plays fairly well, but it really comes into it's own when you start a campaign with competing posses. I can possibly help you out if you want to see the rules.
Ganesha Games is set to have a set of old-west mini-rules in the New Year. I like the mechanics of most of their games, so it may prove interesting.
Two Hour Wargames has done "Six Gun Sound". Their rules are based on an action - reaction mechanic. I tried the "Chain Reaction" rules (for free!) and they are okay. I am uncertain how they would work in an old west "open range" kind of situation.
Reaper miniatures allows you to download for free their old west rules, appropriately titled Cowboys and Gunslingers. I downloaded them (they're free and I'm cheap!) but I honestly haven't even read them.
More list of rules, here: http://www.erichotz.com/game_rules1.html (http://www.erichotz.com/game_rules1.html)
PS. Rules With No Name in boring HTML format, here: http://www.mts.net/~gisby/noname.htm (http://www.mts.net/~gisby/noname.htm)
Anyone rember that SSI cowboy wargame?
http://videogamegeek.com/videogame/79537/six-gun-shootout
Quote from: jomni on December 04, 2014, 11:23:47 PM
Anyone rember that SSI cowboy wargame?
http://videogamegeek.com/videogame/79537/six-gun-shootout
That's the game I couldn't remember! I loved that game! Would love to see a remake one day.
Quote from: jomniWait. Did you just say mount and blade cowboy mod? That's cool. Is there an existing project?
Yup. It is called 1860s Old America:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america/images/na13877917775#imagebox
I think there is another one out there somewhere, too.
And thanks to everyone who posted some mini rules/board game! I have to check some of those out! O0
Quote from: Bardolph on December 04, 2014, 09:47:57 PM
Gunslinger, by Avalon Hill circa 1982. Accept no substitutes. It might cost ya a bit but well worth it. Kind of detailed/crunchy in the 80's wargame way, but I've played few games that tell stories like Gunslinger does. I remember specific incidents from games I played 30 years ago.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1044/gunslinger
Good news! BGG has a PDF version of the rules here: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/7379/gunslingerpdf
And a VASSAL module here: http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Gunslinger
What more do you need? ;)
And I really like the sound of that free print and play game, Outlaws. Might give that a go soon!
Nice timing.
(https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/226/125/7309aba848931b71a8c02a7ffc948a5a_large.jpg?1382482110)
(https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/515/525/20979e31c63c6e6caa32efd1671c4692_large.jpg?1389415420)
:)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/146791/shadows-brimstone-city-ancients
Quote from: Steelgrave on December 04, 2014, 09:21:46 PM
My dream Western is a Skyrim, where you can build, mod, mine, adventure...where there is a rep system where you can become notorious for your misdeeds, where you can build a reputation with a gun and put on a Marshal's star. Where guns are accurately modeled, where you can feel the sand under your feet in Tombstone and sweat over if you have enough bullets to survive the warband of Apache's you just crossed.
Yeah, I'd buy that.
a big fat
+1 , pilgrim ;)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi57.tinypic.com%2Fqygtww.jpg&hash=ba7be146dc2f72b7a891acd86fe116f06de45d58)
Quote from: Jack Nastyface on December 04, 2014, 11:09:28 PM
Gunslinger is indeed an excellent game. It is very detailed, which some people find boring. I hosted a game at a convention last year and MOST of the people at the table (only 1 had played it before) didn't like it. Having said that, I might even be willing to manage an on-line game of it via this forum if you really want. You can find the rules, etc in various what-appear-to-be-legal places on the net, and theres' a good VASSAL module as well.
Having just recently secured a copy of
Gunslinger (
finally, and at a great price too!) I'd love to learn the system via a forum game were there to be enough interest.
Apparently I dreamed seeing RDR (and its Undead Nightmare expansion) on sale at Steam and Gamersgate; much to my surprise, it doesn't exist for PC after all. :uglystupid2: (I bought and played it on PS3.)
That's just money lying on the table right there. It can't be that hard to release a PC version based on Xbox360 code...?????
y'all should check out today's GARPA
just sayin'
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 05, 2014, 12:08:17 PM
y'all should check out today's GARPA
just sayin'
Scramble for Africa? Right time period, wrong continent?
Which brings up the real possible problem with Cowboys: Indians. Now I personally would really relish a Wild West sanddboxy game
if you could play as some specific kind of Indian. Sure, I'd like to play a Pawnee or any other Caddoan, but I'd be open to plenty of other general Indian types. Being a very large Jicarrilla would be swell, but being a smaller, sneakier Zuni might be good too.
If you played one of the raider type Indians (eg. Gataka = Kiowa Apache) or Commanche (2-3 subtypes!) or a Lipan, you'd already be pretty far in a Skyrimmy direction: wiping out settlers of all sorts, gathering weapons and horses and selling slaves.
As a Cowboy your options would be limited, but as a Commanchero (New Mexican farmers who rode with the Commanches), you could cover all your bases and be a European by Summer and Fall and an Indian in the winter and spring.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 05, 2014, 12:08:17 PMy'all should check out today's GARPA
Quote from: MengJiao on December 05, 2014, 12:32:58 PMScramble for Africa? Right time period, wrong continent?
Today's GARPA (http://grogheads.com/?p=6824), not yesterday's AAR :)
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 05, 2014, 12:35:18 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 05, 2014, 12:08:17 PMy'all should check out today's GARPA
Quote from: MengJiao on December 05, 2014, 12:32:58 PMScramble for Africa? Right time period, wrong continent?
Today's GARPA (http://grogheads.com/?p=6824), not yesterday's AAR :)
Wait! No! Wait. Okay. I see it. Shotguns and Sorcery. Sounds promising.
I still think a Commanchero Skyrim would be entertaining.
sigh...
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 05, 2014, 12:40:41 PM
sigh...
I saw it, Brant.
Not everyone here is legally blind yet. :) Although the "Shotguns and Sorcery" label kinda caught my attention first, admittedly.
Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2014, 02:03:30 PMAlthough the "Shotguns and Sorcery" label kinda caught my attention first, admittedly.
Forbeck does top-class work. I would reflexively recommend pretty much anything he's had a hand in.
Good lot of ideas! I knew about Call of Juarez, but I thought I'd read somewhere that it had some issues. Although I like the idea of an RPG, what I really had in mind was a Counterstrike-type affair -Lawmen v Outlaws in a series of small maps with different mission-types.
Quote from: Father Ted on December 05, 2014, 02:31:55 PM
Good lot of ideas! I knew about Call of Juarez, but I thought I'd read somewhere that it had some issues. Although I like the idea of an RPG, what I really had in mind was a Counterstrike-type affair -Lawmen v Outlaws in a series of small maps with different mission-types.
Didn't Paradox have some little multi-player western shooter?
Yep.. here it is. Lead & Gold (https://www.paradoxplaza.com/lead-gold).
Never got it, but it did look kinda fun for some more straightforward multi-player fps with a bit of theme. Anyone else try it?
Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2014, 02:44:47 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on December 05, 2014, 02:31:55 PM
Good lot of ideas! I knew about Call of Juarez, but I thought I'd read somewhere that it had some issues. Although I like the idea of an RPG, what I really had in mind was a Counterstrike-type affair -Lawmen v Outlaws in a series of small maps with different mission-types.
Didn't Paradox have some little multi-player western shooter?
Yep.. here it is. Lead & Gold (https://www.paradoxplaza.com/lead-gold).
Never got it, but it did look kinda fun for some more straightforward multi-player fps with a bit of theme. Anyone else try it?
Weird. It's like nobody buys cowboys anymore. Kinda sad really.
Quote from: MengJiao on December 05, 2014, 03:03:23 PM
Weird. It's like nobody buys cowboys anymore. Kinda sad really.
Cowboys are expensive now?
;D
Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2014, 02:44:47 PM
Didn't Paradox have some little multi-player western shooter?
Yep.. here it is. Lead & Gold (https://www.paradoxplaza.com/lead-gold).
Close...but no cigarillo between clenched teeth: 3rd person
Quote from: Father Ted on December 05, 2014, 05:57:34 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2014, 02:44:47 PM
Didn't Paradox have some little multi-player western shooter?
Yep.. here it is. Lead & Gold (https://www.paradoxplaza.com/lead-gold).
Close...but no cigarillo between clenched teeth: 3rd person
And power ups and console crap....I really want some RPG elements.
...OK, certainly off topic, but this thread made me think of this song.
Quote from: Steelgrave on December 05, 2014, 06:00:48 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on December 05, 2014, 05:57:34 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2014, 02:44:47 PM
Didn't Paradox have some little multi-player western shooter?
Yep.. here it is. Lead & Gold (https://www.paradoxplaza.com/lead-gold).
Close...but no cigarillo between clenched teeth: 3rd person
And power ups and console crap....I really want some RPG elements.
Was on Steam looking up reviews for Lead & Gold (which appears to be dead, Jim) and ran across this:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/?snr=1_5_9__300
Which upon further reading may not be all that great lol.
Quote from: Bardolph on December 05, 2014, 09:37:55 PM
Was on Steam looking up reviews for Lead & Gold (which appears to be dead, Jim) and ran across this:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/?snr=1_5_9__300
Which upon further reading may not be all that great lol.
Looks like a rather simple strafe-happy multiplayer FPS. But it's Free so worth a try, right?
Less frettin' more shootin' fellers in the face.
The "Wild West" is greatly overlooked as far as gaming goes. A shame really as I think it would be a fantastic setting for an indepth role playing game.
Bit of serendipity I supposed. Fistful of Frags just popped up in my Steam queue. It's a multiplayer FPS set in the West using the Source code. Apparently it was once a free HL2 mod but is now its own stand-alone game. Not really my thing but it seems like it's what you were describing.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/)
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 06, 2014, 03:24:46 PM
Bit of serendipity I supposed. Fistful of Frags just popped up in my Steam queue. It's a multiplayer FPS set in the West using the Source code. Apparently it was once a free HL2 mod but is now its own stand-alone game. Not really my thing but it seems like it's what you were describing.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/)
That game has the right idea! I hope it catches on. I really enjoy CSGO from time to time. This game makes me think that a Western-themed Counterstrike probably would make for a lot of fun!
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 06, 2014, 03:24:46 PM
Bit of serendipity I supposed. Fistful of Frags just popped up in my Steam queue. It's a multiplayer FPS set in the West using the Source code. Apparently it was once a free HL2 mod but is now its own stand-alone game. Not really my thing but it seems like it's what you were describing.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/)
Bardolph posted a link to it in Reply #41, in this thread.
:P
Did nobody play Desperados?
A western game in the vain of the excellent Commando's games.
-oOo-
Checked out Bardolph's link and downloaded the game - it is pretty much what I was after, though I had in mind a slower-paced gameplay and more naturalistic maps
I've played all the Call of Juarez games except the non-western drug cartel one. They were all very good.
Another good title and available on Steam is "GUN." Maybe someone already mentioned it. It does take some getting used to the horse riding and going through the first course. I bought it on sale but now it's back to $19.99...still worth it to me.
Quote from: FrontierCybrarian on December 06, 2014, 10:12:26 PM
I've played all the Call of Juarez games except the non-western drug cartel one. They were all very good.
Another good title and available on Steam is "GUN." Maybe someone already mentioned it. It does take some getting used to the horse riding and going through the first course. I bought it on sale but now it's back to $19.99...still worth it to me.
I remember playing GUN when it first came out, thought it was very good for its time....wonder if it still works with the modern systems, although even $20 seems a bit high for an old game 8-9 years old.
I backed Hard West on Kickstarter earlier this year. Same guys who worked on Call of Juarez, tactical style game that looks a little X-Com ish. Okay, it's Weird West, so there will be monsters and other weird things, but it's still going to be a damn tactical western game! ;)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/11/hard-west-kickstarter/
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 07, 2014, 08:54:56 PM
I backed Hard West on Kickstarter earlier this year. Same guys who worked on Call of Juarez, tactical style game that looks a little X-Com ish. Okay, it's Weird West, so there will be monsters and other weird things, but it's still going to be a damn tactical western game! ;)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/11/hard-west-kickstarter/
Looks like it made its funding. Not what I had in mind, but definitely the next best thing. I'll be keeping an eye open.
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 07, 2014, 08:54:56 PM
I backed Hard West on Kickstarter earlier this year. Same guys who worked on Call of Juarez, tactical style game that looks a little X-Com ish. Okay, it's Weird West, so there will be monsters and other weird things, but it's still going to be a damn tactical western game! ;)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/11/hard-west-kickstarter/
I miss most of the interesting Kickstarters. :-\
Quote from: Nefaro on December 07, 2014, 11:31:24 PM
I miss most of the interesting Kickstarters. :-\
You know we have a column about them every other Friday, right?
Kind of off topic but I just bought two card games based on the Wild West.
Revolver:
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wired.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fblogs%2Fgeekdad%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F12%2FRevolver2-game-padre.jpg&hash=b76a5ec9e4c63746858397d35df27a793e49ed75)
Doomtown
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clevermovegames.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F05%2FDoomtown-Reloaded-Web.jpg&hash=d29348d775b6b968872bb204587a4221de21fb6d) (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Foctgn.gamersjudgement.com%2Fwordpress%2Fdoomtown%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F31%2F2014%2F03%2F1978898_10203475030456761_525491614_n1.jpg&hash=21022c8c94863e6d178710fe87d6c3b50d9c2288)
Doomtown really has me intrigued with its depth.
I've read some good things about Doomtown.
There was an article not too long ago about how westerns at the movies were also slim pickens (get it?) these days. Shame really, I love westerns. I bought Desperados on sale at GoG but haven't played it yet.
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 07, 2014, 08:54:56 PM
I backed Hard West on Kickstarter earlier this year. Same guys who worked on Call of Juarez, tactical style game that looks a little X-Com ish. Okay, it's Weird West, so there will be monsters and other weird things, but it's still going to be a damn tactical western game! ;)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/11/hard-west-kickstarter/
That sounds like it is going to be an interesting game! Keep us updated.
I just finished reading the rules for Outlaws. Hope to try my first game soon!
Quote from: bboyer66 on December 08, 2014, 10:55:50 AM
Doomtown really has me intrigued with its depth.
Ahhh!
After checking it out, I buckled like a belt. Looks like another fun LCG and the scuttlebutt is good.
Quote from: TacticalWargames on December 06, 2014, 12:08:45 PM
The "Wild West" is greatly overlooked as far as gaming goes. A shame really as I think it would be a fantastic setting for an indepth role playing game.
I'm going to Texas for a few days. The last time I went (this is true) my father handed me a cowboy hat full of crusty blood and said, "We have to go fix a septic tank." Without a word I put on the bloody hat and got into a pickup truck that had a few shovels in the back. I figured the blood would help the hat stick to my head no matter what.
So, I haven't played a cowboy game in years, but I sure would like a good one. When I get back in a week or so.
Where in this great state are you going?
Quote from: GJK on December 10, 2014, 04:25:34 PM
Where in this great state are you going?
Salado (old stage stop in the Hill country, near Temple) via Dallas Airport.
Quote from: MengJiao on December 11, 2014, 09:29:15 AM
Quote from: GJK on December 10, 2014, 04:25:34 PM
Where in this great state are you going?
Salado (old stage stop in the Hill country, near Temple) via Dallas Airport.
I'm about 25 min's south of Salado (in Georgetown). I'd be happy to meet you and buy you a drink if you'll have the time.
Quote from: GJK on December 11, 2014, 03:14:13 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on December 11, 2014, 09:29:15 AM
Quote from: GJK on December 10, 2014, 04:25:34 PM
Where in this great state are you going?
Salado (old stage stop in the Hill country, near Temple) via Dallas Airport.
I'm about 25 min's south of Salado (in Georgetown). I'd be happy to meet you and buy you a drink if you'll have the time.
I'm doing a quick visit to my old Dad with the wife and kids so no time. I'm sure I'll be back some time soon with more time to spend.
Thanks for the invite!
Quote from: MengJiao on December 11, 2014, 03:45:06 PM
Quote from: GJK on December 11, 2014, 03:14:13 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on December 11, 2014, 09:29:15 AM
Quote from: GJK on December 10, 2014, 04:25:34 PM
Where in this great state are you going?
Salado (old stage stop in the Hill country, near Temple) via Dallas Airport.
I'm about 25 min's south of Salado (in Georgetown). I'd be happy to meet you and buy you a drink if you'll have the time.
I'm doing a quick visit to my old Dad with the wife and kids so no time. I'm sure I'll be back some time soon with more time to spend.
Thanks for the invite!
So no time to set up and play a Historical ASL module then eh? Well fine. :P
Yeah, for sure - let me know the next time that you'll be down this way and we'll get together.
Quote from: RooksBailey on December 09, 2014, 05:05:11 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 07, 2014, 08:54:56 PM
I backed Hard West on Kickstarter earlier this year. Same guys who worked on Call of Juarez, tactical style game that looks a little X-Com ish. Okay, it's Weird West, so there will be monsters and other weird things, but it's still going to be a damn tactical western game! ;)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/11/hard-west-kickstarter/
That sounds like it is going to be an interesting game! Keep us updated.
I just finished reading the rules for Outlaws. Hope to try my first game soon!
I actually have Alpha access...hmmm...perhaps I should see what's there?
Quote from: Father Ted on December 04, 2014, 05:00:12 PM
So why is this?
So hold on there. Here's a cowboy game of sorts. Sounds good. I may look into it when I get back from New England.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/23/have-you-played-call-of-juarez-gunslinger/#more-256397
Quote from: MengJiao on December 23, 2014, 03:18:08 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on December 04, 2014, 05:00:12 PM
So why is this?
So hold on there. Here's a cowboy game of sorts. Sounds good. I may look into it when I get back from New England.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/23/have-you-played-call-of-juarez-gunslinger/#more-256397
Call of Juarez is fun but just be aware that it is just a FPS on rails.