GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2014, 08:09:16 PM

Title: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2014, 08:09:16 PM
Anyone herd of this? Better yet, anyone have it?

Thoughts?  Looks like its from the same studio that did Storm Over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe, etc. Wasn't a big fan of those titles...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/325470/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/325470/)
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 04, 2014, 08:20:46 PM
I took a look at the page but it looks way too close to Wasteland Interactive's other stuff. Their UIs and general gameplay just aren't all that enthralling, and even though this looks like a cool wrapper, it looks like it's the same old thing.

I own Strategic War in Europe and Storm Over the Pacific, and even tried Fall Weiss. All three are okay, pretty 'meh,' and I'm tired of meh.
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2014, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 04, 2014, 08:20:46 PM
I took a look at the page but it looks way too close to Wasteland Interactive's other stuff. Their UIs and general gameplay just aren't all that enthralling, and even though this looks like a cool wrapper, it looks like it's the same old thing.

I own Strategic War in Europe and Storm Over the Pacific, and even tried Fall Weiss. All three are okay, pretty 'meh,' and I'm tired of meh.

"Meh" pretty much sums up my experience too.
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Wolfe1759 on December 04, 2014, 08:39:50 PM
As it is Wasteland the announcement of a new game probably means they are again going to abandon unfinished their last game, re-hash the basic engine and release another mod at full price as a "new" game before abandoning and moving on to the next mod.

Yep, I've bought a few versions of their game already, I gave up a couple of releases ago, I should have given up sooner.
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 04, 2014, 09:09:29 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2014, 08:09:16 PMAnyone herd of this?
Yep
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=3624.msg310885#msg310885
https://www.facebook.com/GrogHeads/posts/1006283856052286

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2014, 08:09:16 PMBetter yet, anyone have it?
nope


:D
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Steelgrave on December 04, 2014, 09:17:12 PM
Yeah, if it wasn't Wasteland I'd be all over it. As it is, I'll have to take a wait and see approach.
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on December 04, 2014, 11:08:53 PM
Hoping Slitherine makes a Cold War Panzer Corps
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Anguille on December 05, 2014, 04:29:15 AM
Looks like Strategic War in Europe map with a different time line. Not too much interested in that possible time period. Wonder what the effects of nukes will be in the game.

If someone didn't like the previous games, this will be very much the same. I do like the previous games but the subject has to appeal me...wasn't interested too much in Fall Weiss for example.
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: bayonetbrant on June 18, 2015, 05:58:13 PM
So this one is on sale at LNLP right now
http://store.lnlpublishing.com/digital-games/1953

Just for kicks, I went and looked up some history
Apparently the Warsaw Pact treaty wasn't even signed until 1955 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact)
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: steve58 on June 18, 2015, 06:04:19 PM
...if you are quick :D, you can grab it for less than $2 for the next ~11 days or so as part of this bundle:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/legions-of-war-bundle/
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: jomni on June 18, 2015, 07:50:54 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2014, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 04, 2014, 08:20:46 PM
I took a look at the page but it looks way too close to Wasteland Interactive's other stuff. Their UIs and general gameplay just aren't all that enthralling, and even though this looks like a cool wrapper, it looks like it's the same old thing.

I own Strategic War in Europe and Storm Over the Pacific, and even tried Fall Weiss. All three are okay, pretty 'meh,' and I'm tired of meh.

"Meh" pretty much sums up my experience too.

"Meh" for me as well.
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: -budd- on June 18, 2015, 09:36:33 PM
I agree with the "meh's" ..... I did have hopes for "storm over the pacific" but i just play Rising sun for my pacific fix.
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Gusington on June 18, 2015, 11:50:51 PM
I'm also hoping for a Panzer Corps - Cold War or Battle Academy: Cold War.
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Steelgrave on June 19, 2015, 09:28:47 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 18, 2015, 11:50:51 PM
I'm also hoping for a Panzer Corps - Cold War or Battle Academy: Cold War.

Oh hell yeah!
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Gusington on June 19, 2015, 10:02:08 AM
^Rock on Dad!
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Boggit on June 19, 2015, 10:26:36 PM
Battle Academy Cold War is a gem of an idea. O0
Title: Re: 1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact
Post by: Micha on June 20, 2015, 02:53:19 AM
For the waiting time untill the game is ready you can check out Peg -Cold war. But you should Play it with the high Resolution patch on top of the Website.

www.peoplesgeneral.de

ist for free download.