GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on December 05, 2014, 08:58:30 AM

Title: New WWI RTS
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 05, 2014, 08:58:30 AM
This could be one to watch. I think it is based on the same engine used by Men of War, which is a superb game engine that models cover, concealment, destructive terrain, ballistics, etc. Its nice having authentic principles used in RTS games. Anyway, it won't be for everyone, but I'm pretty sure it will make Gus's loins moisten.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316430/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/316430/)

Quote
Battle of Empires : 1914-1918 is a series of tactical games, which tells the story of one of the bloodiest wars in mankind's history - The First World War.

The first game of the series - Battle of Empires: France - is devoted to the battles between French and German armies on the Western Front - you will take part in the battle of the Marne, the battle of Verdun, and the final battles of 1918. Campaign includes a wide variety of story driven missions such as: large-scale battles with several thousand soldiers, ambushes, tank attacks, sabotage tasks.

Realism
The game recreates battles of First World War as realistically as possible - each unit has a personal inventory and weapons, vehicle damage is calculated by the thickness and inclination of armour, guns differ in calibers and available types of shells.
Authenticity
Our game recreates the atmosphere of the era of the First World War - uniforms and vehicles were made from sketches and drawings of the time of the World War I, game maps are based on real locations of hostilities. Gas attacks, shrapnel shells, horses, involvement of first tanks and flamethrowers, and many other features of the First World War have been implemented in the game.
Tactics
The basis of gameplay of the Battle of Empires is management of your infantry squads, organisation of their cooperation and skillful use of the vehicles provided to you. You will have to solve complex tactical problems with different possible outcomes, that can change the course of the mission.
Game environment can also be used to your advantage - all objects can be destroyed to create a path for infantry or used as a cover from enemy fire.
Co-op
Each story mission is available in cooperative mode - you can fight and complete the missions with three other players (4 including yourself).
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Con on December 05, 2014, 09:46:13 AM
I wonder if there should be a new way of rating games instead of number of stars etc but on Moistness of Gus's loins

Con
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Nefaro on December 05, 2014, 11:30:36 AM
Quote from: Con on December 05, 2014, 09:46:13 AM
I wonder if there should be a new way of rating games instead of number of stars etc but on Moistness of Gus's loins

Con


I give this idea 4 Hairy Weeping Vaginas out of 5.   O0
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: JasonPratt on December 05, 2014, 11:54:32 AM
Promptly wishlisted. But no early access.

Not in regard to the other topic.  :buck2:
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Gusington on December 05, 2014, 02:47:40 PM
Smell that?

Thanks for posting JH...btw there is early access...December 10. I am getting in on this so fast it will snap your necks.

Great find!
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Nefaro on December 05, 2014, 02:48:46 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 05, 2014, 02:47:40 PM
Smell that?


Are you baking something moist and gooey in the oven?
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Gusington on December 05, 2014, 02:50:09 PM
It's almost done.
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Anguille on December 05, 2014, 05:39:59 PM
Looks interesting...
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: LongBlade on December 06, 2014, 09:45:33 AM
@Con
@Nefaro

LOL. You guys are hilarious :)
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: TacticalWargames on December 06, 2014, 12:06:34 PM
I imagine trying to replicate WW1 with a real time engine is going to be difficult. Still as long as it's not a click fest I shall be watching it at least.
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 06, 2014, 12:12:50 PM
Quote from: Anguille on December 05, 2014, 05:39:59 PM
Looks interesting...
What does?
Gus's loins or what he's baking?
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Gusington on December 06, 2014, 04:17:27 PM
^Both clearly. After a week without interwebz I will be purchasing this ASAP now that I have Steam back.
Title: Battle of Empires 1914-1918 (Gus front & center!)
Post by: endfire79 on December 13, 2014, 11:40:26 PM
For you WWI fans out there (ahem, Gus front and center), I just noticed this WWI game on Steam (early access)  http://store.steampowered.com/app/316430/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/316430/)

Looks like it uses the Men of War engine.



(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.moddb.com%2Fimages%2Fmods%2F1%2F15%2F14712%2FBoE-1914_2012-11-09_15-20-55-44.jpg&hash=b9d6dc668c30bf278cfc54d68b0277791bb2f822)



(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.moddb.com%2Fimages%2Fmods%2F1%2F15%2F14712%2FBoE-1914_2012-12-08_17-26-59-46.jpg&hash=c620377e6c47f93d0be05fa641fdb61347aff03e)
Title: Re: Battle of Empires 1914-1918 (Gus front & center!)
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 13, 2014, 11:41:49 PM
JH beat you:)

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11971.0
Title: Re: Battle of Empires 1914-1918 (Gus front & center!)
Post by: endfire79 on December 13, 2014, 11:58:10 PM
My bad thanks Grim
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 11:08:42 AM
Thanks Endfire...bought it a few days ago, haven't had a chance to fire it up yet.

Anyone else buy it yet?
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 14, 2014, 11:21:09 AM
we await your moist loin report.
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 11:22:10 AM
TBD. But the potential is very high.
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 14, 2014, 11:29:23 AM
do you think youll need the shamwow undies?
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 11:34:38 AM
I always need those. Easily excitable.
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Steelgrave on December 14, 2014, 11:39:57 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 11:08:42 AM
Thanks Endfire...bought it a few days ago, haven't had a chance to fire it up yet.

Anyone else buy it yet?

I almost pulled the trigger, but I knew you would get it so I'm awaiting your thumbs up or down  O0
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 11:43:17 AM
Well from a very cursory glance at firing it up for a few seconds, it looks very alpha. There's a tutorial and a French campaign made up of eight missions, IIRC. There is enthusiasm for it on the Steam boards so development and expansion is pretty much a foregone conclusion, I just can't tell how quickly this will turn into a finished product.
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 14, 2014, 12:06:35 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 11:34:38 AM
I always need those. Easily excitable.

if you were a puppy I'd name you Red Rocket.
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Nefaro on December 14, 2014, 06:03:30 PM
Watched a gameplay vid of the Men Of War-engined WWI game.

Wow.. the explosion physics & smoke look awesome, along with the destructible buildings.   

I never got into the original MoW series, despite owning them all for a few years.  I don't recall the effects looking this good, but I didn't play them long.
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 06:20:22 PM
I never played any MoW either.
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 14, 2014, 08:51:05 PM
The MoW engine is really superb. Its the best balance out there for authenticity in a classic style RTS. The problem with most of the MoW games was the difficulty in the SP campaigns. Assault Squad changed all that though by finally giving players skirmish style maps that the series always needed. 

Anyway, I agree with Gus...this game is very alpha. But I've enjoyed it so far and I think the engine is suited for WWI action too. Hopefully, the team will continue to make progress.
Title: Re: New WWI RTS
Post by: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 10:15:44 PM
^Yeah I just hope it doesn't take them years to get to a finished product here. The potential is great!