GrogHeads Forum

After Action Reports => Tabletop AARs => Topic started by: PanzersEast on December 10, 2014, 09:42:33 PM

Title: For the Glory of Rome
Post by: PanzersEast on December 10, 2014, 09:42:33 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2Froman-senate2.jpg&hash=33530a1f4bffc1a9cdffad1bc602449e2faf51ff)




FOR THE GLORY OF ROME




Roman Conqueror
Berserker Games

Rome has enjoyed a time of Peace and enlightenment, but that Peace is beginning to fade.  Rome's enemies are numerous, the Barbarian hordes in the North, we continually raid and pillage to the on our border.  The Carthaginians who threaten Rome's trade routes along the seas and her own homeland itself.  The Parthians who threaten our far South East provinces and to the North East the unpredictable Sarmathians.   

As Counsul I am charged as the fist of the Senate.  I will unleash the Legions upon our foes who threaten our lands and who dare stand in the way of our will.  And thus with our conquest I shall spread the wealth and prosperity to our Citizens and to myself.

Rome as it stands today.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2FRome1.jpg&hash=d706b0a0fa047a9547ccf05c804ca1ed15ee14f2)

The Senate has decided that we must act in the North with the Barbarians continually raiding our settlements.  Currently Caesar is in the Alpes and Claudius is in the Roma Province.  It is decided that Caesar will push North and strike at Raetia and subdue the tribes in that Region. 

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2FRome2.jpg&hash=1f1b6d95ff3ba60c775c735d061e9a6d12a3bb9f)

This turn I have 6 AP for my command strength and roll and I am able to draw 2 cards this turn.  I draw a Forces - Auxilia giving me 2 Auxilia units which I will hold for now.  I also draw Delaying Action, which causes the General with the most Units to be unable to move or attack whit turn.  Since both Commanders are rated equally I roll the dice and Claudius is delayed.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2FRome3.jpg&hash=6ec7b67640c19b7ac026f89a2c6e916acef9286d)

With Clausius delayed I spend 1 AP to enter the Terrain of Raetia and a Event roll yields the result of Delaying Force.  It appears that the Barbarians knew we where coming so they send a small force out to slow us down.

Our scouts return and report that they Enemy forces total a number of Heavy Cavalry and some Warband Infantry.  Our 8 Legionnaire unites and 2 Ballista make camp for the night as it is late in the evening.  We will not be crossing over into Raetia today, and how know what awaits us once we dispose of this delaying force.

For now we rest, in the morning we battle.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2FRome4.jpg&hash=9ee559c4eb1bdd3d71bafd6d4c0dd7971d43dee9)
Title: Re: For the Glory of Rome
Post by: PanzersEast on December 11, 2014, 01:18:46 AM


TURN 2



The Next Turn I am up to 8 AP and roll for the number of cards I receive this turn..... a roll of (4) which mean 2 Cards.  I draw a Event = Gladiatorial Games and 1 General is now ready to take command of a Legion.

The Event must be played first.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2FRome4.jpg&hash=9ee559c4eb1bdd3d71bafd6d4c0dd7971d43dee9)

Some Senators and I take in todays Gladiatorial Games..... The match is set for the Gladiator Lartius (who is a crowd favorite) and Rutilius ( a trident and net wielding warrior).

The Match begins with Rutilius trying to get an angle on Lartius and ensnare him in the net he is wielding.  Finally Rutilius sees and opening and entangles Lartius.  I can see my winnings from betting a fellow Senator of mine being trapped in that net as well.  An exchange of male combat extends for a few minutes when Rutilius is able to strike and Lartius falls to the ground..... and so does my winnings.  I pay 2 AP for my loss.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2FRome9.jpg&hash=4af110e20b33b6fbba8c08353dd41e86ca8d2acb)

Meanwhile, the delaying force that met Caesar was dispatched.  The barbarians left themselves exposed to the mighty Ballista and the Calvary unit retreated, undoubtably to warn the others.  The Warband infantry where not so lucky.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2FRome5.jpg&hash=f7317b21e7885d7201866fb8bc36a0fab50f261b)

Spending 2 AP, Caesar marched into Raetia and this time without an Event (No events on entering per roll).

It is time to establish Roman Rule.  I roll to Aquire Territory and of course these fools are Resisting.  Caesar barely missed gaining the Territory through diplomatic means, so the Sword it is!

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2FRome6.jpg&hash=a0b2e6892dc2c4170499ab539e351a0c48a5066e)

Three units of Warband Infantry and a Unit of Peltasts.  The Legion begins to form up and the Ballista prepare for battle.

The Barbarians gain the Initiative and the Peltasts strike at us first....however no damage was felt.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2FRome7.jpg&hash=00dfff3316edcebad18226fda2d0bff75658e75a)

Next the Warband charge in like mad men yelling and screaming.  They did manage to break one Legion Unit, however another quickly took its place and we made short work of them as one unit broke and fled, while the others were cut down.

The inhabitants of Raetia now belongs to Rome and are subject to Roman Law.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimgaes%2FRome8.jpg&hash=8f79c97e855e9b2af73c6d28437f266d4e1927c0)

Caesar makes camp as we prepare for the next phase.

Claudius begins to move his Legion up to the Alps and next turn we will introduce a new General.   We still have Auxiliary Units in reserve.