GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on December 13, 2014, 12:59:04 PM

Title: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: Gusington on December 13, 2014, 12:59:04 PM
For those who enjoy Japanese history, culture and disembowelment:

http://www.kiairesonance.com/

I know LB will dig this one. Out 'soon.'
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: Nefaro on December 13, 2014, 08:59:23 PM
That looks as sophisticated as the sword fighting in the original Pirates!.   :-\
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: Gusington on December 13, 2014, 09:04:44 PM
I dunno, looks kind of elegant to me. And I liked the original Pirates!
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: Steelgrave on December 13, 2014, 09:09:41 PM
You had me at disembowelment............. ::)
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 13, 2014, 09:27:56 PM
I dunno... from what Ive read most duels only lasted a strike or two to begin with.
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: Nefaro on December 13, 2014, 09:39:35 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 13, 2014, 09:27:56 PM
I dunno... from what Ive read most duels only lasted a strike or two to begin with.


That's how the game looks to me.


Quote from: Gusington on December 13, 2014, 09:04:44 PM
I dunno, looks kind of elegant to me. And I liked the original Pirates!

So did I, but it was a whole experience.  The combat was only a small bit.  What's up with this one?  ???   "Tap twice to kill your opponent?"
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 11:26:30 AM
^True. Hopefully there will be more added to it. Looks early.
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: gameleaper on December 14, 2014, 04:53:43 PM
Sword of the Samurai on gog.com has sword duels, its old but I enjoyed it
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 06:21:06 PM
How old is that game?
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: jomni on December 14, 2014, 06:23:17 PM
Just play Mount and Blade Gekokujo mod.
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: gameleaper on December 14, 2014, 06:33:18 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 06:21:06 PM
How old is that game?

runs in a dosbox, but the duels are 2D but you can move in and out, I like them, and you can choose duels without playing the main game. the duels I think are good fun, but its very old and maybe you will not like the dosbox era.
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 06:47:37 PM
I'm 40...I am the dosbox era :)
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: LongBlade on December 15, 2014, 08:31:43 AM
Looks like it could be fun.

Too bad they didn't update the game to use nerf swords.
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: Gusington on December 15, 2014, 08:32:26 AM
DLC?
Title: Re: For your samurai dueling needs: Kiai Resonance
Post by: LongBlade on December 16, 2014, 08:21:16 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 15, 2014, 08:32:26 AM
DLC?

You, sir, are the eternal optimist.