HPS just released Eckmuhl update v1.15.
Changes to Campaign Eckmuhl 1.15
- Added Magnified 2D view (View menu, mouse wheel, or hot key '5').
- Added 2D terrain slopes to show elevations.
- Added movement sounds.
Please note that this update is only for the HPS version.
The update can be found here:
http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_NapBats/up_NapBat.asp (http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_NapBats/up_NapBat.asp)
I plan to update my Eckmuhl mod fairly soon, but there may be a delay while I research one particular uniform issue.
When Warren Bajan and I worked on the patches for Eckmuhl and Wagram with Bill Peters, Warren used to be very concerned about the color of the Austrian cheveauleger uniforms. The original base game used white uniforms, but that particular type of unit was going through some rather weird transitions. As a result some units wore green uniforms, and some white. I remember that we weren't happy with what was used in the official patch, and I think (but frankly can't remember) that I may have done something in the mod to make the color of the uniforms show up correctly a little more often. Or at least that was my original intention.
Warren died not that long ago, and I know he's watching, so I can't release the next version of the Eckmuhl mod until I check every Austrian cheveauleger cavalry unit in every scenario for uniform color. This will take a while and will be very sad, because in the old days this is precisely the kind of issue I would consult him about. Fortunately I have a very good study on the uniforms of the Austrian army in that period that I had shared with Warren and that even he had liked. After that I'll have to recode a lot of oob files to show the inconsistent mix of uniform colors. I'm pretty sure I won't have to make any new unit images because I already did that for this issue a couple of years ago.
Anyway, that is going to take a while, and some people will probably want to play the game with the new official patch and my mod right away to see what the difference is. So for those that are in a hurry, what I suggest you do is take the 2DHexSides50 and 2DHexSides100 from that map folder of any of my mods for the more recent JTS games (Bautzen, Leipzig, or 1814) or from my most recent Waterloo mod, and drop it into the map folder of Campaign Eckmuhl.