GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Nefaro on December 15, 2014, 11:41:09 PM

Title: Pox Nora
Post by: Nefaro on December 15, 2014, 11:41:09 PM
I had seen this years ago but the free-to-play thing was still something a bit foreign and scary back then.

Started checking out the different factions earlier.  Kinda hooked me in a competitive CCG-Strategy Boardgame kinda way.  If nothing else for the huge variety of units and abilities.  The only reason I bothered with DOTA was for the same reason, but that one isn't turn-based and has those screwy meta-strategies. 

Figured I'd at least get some tactical combat against the AI for awhile longer and see more.  If only something like AOW3 had so many interesting units with so many different abilities & synergies!  :-*

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201210/
Title: Re: Pox Nora
Post by: Skwerl on December 16, 2014, 07:13:04 AM
It's an interesting game.  So far I've only played against the AI.  I suspect that playing against live humans would be a far tougher proposition!
Title: Re: Pox Nora
Post by: JasonPratt on December 16, 2014, 12:00:52 PM
I wish it didn't sound like a girl I should probably stay away from...  :P

I did wishlist it though, for more exploration some time -- I like the basic thoughts behind it. (Also wish someone would just remake MTG Shandalar already...)
Title: Re: Pox Nora
Post by: Yskonyn on December 16, 2014, 01:40:08 PM
Stay away from Pox.. this Pox, any Pox...

The game is constantly channeling you towards buying stuff. It's spammy as hell.
Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

And why the heck does this game suddenly receive attention anyway? It's been out there for ages and has been dropped by 2 different companies in its life.  >:D
Title: Re: Pox Nora
Post by: Nefaro on December 16, 2014, 02:27:42 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on December 16, 2014, 01:40:08 PM
Stay away from Pox.. this Pox, any Pox...

The game is constantly channeling you towards buying stuff. It's spammy as hell.
Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

And why the heck does this game suddenly receive attention anyway? It's been out there for ages and has been dropped by 2 different companies in its life.  >:D


Since it 1) went to new, many say better, owners than SOE and 2) forgot about it until it went up on Steam recently.

I'm sure it gets to be a money nag just like all the other free-to-plays but I'll casually enjoy the free part long enough to lose the new game smell.

Been wanting something CCG or tabletop-ish but haven't found any compelling ones yet.
Title: Re: Pox Nora
Post by: jomni on December 16, 2014, 07:45:52 PM
Sounds like a disease
Title: Re: Pox Nora
Post by: Nefaro on December 16, 2014, 09:44:56 PM
Quote from: jomni on December 16, 2014, 07:45:52 PM
Sounds like a disease

A disease named after a woman.  Kinda like a hurricane. 

OR AN ARACHNICANE!   

>:D
Title: Re: Pox Nora
Post by: JasonPratt on December 17, 2014, 09:23:16 AM
^^ I will never not get tired of that word.  :smitten:


...wait, that grammar didn't add up right. Sorry.