GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: DicedT on December 18, 2014, 06:35:06 PM

Title: Which Sim City?
Post by: DicedT on December 18, 2014, 06:35:06 PM
I need to look at the tax vs. revenue model in Sim City. It looks like the latest version is a buggy doggie? Which would be the latest version that's halfway decent?

Michael
Title: Re: Which Sim City?
Post by: Uberhaus on December 19, 2014, 10:00:16 AM
Can't say which is best, haven't played them.  But I do know when the price is right:

https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/free-games/on-the-house (https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/free-games/on-the-house)

With apologies to whomever posted the offer in another thread.  I do think it will end shortly though.
Title: Re: Which Sim City?
Post by: Greybriar on December 19, 2014, 10:18:30 AM
In my opinion the best version of SimCity was the last one before plumbing was added, which was probably SimCity Enhanced (http://www.mobygames.com/game/simcity-enhanced-cd-rom) by Interplay.

Quote from: Uberhaus on December 19, 2014, 10:00:16 AM
Can't say which is best, haven't played them.  But I do know when the price is right:

https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/free-games/on-the-house (https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/free-games/on-the-house)

With apologies to whomever posted the offer in another thread.  I do think it will end shortly though.

The dollar price can't be beat, but there are strings attached (http://help.ea.com/en/article/ea-software-end-user-license-agreement-for-origin-application-and-related-services/).
Title: Re: Which Sim City?
Post by: JasonPratt on December 19, 2014, 11:10:51 AM
Or, you could burn out a core on your computer playing Cities XL Platinum.   :coolsmiley:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/231140

Technically better than SimCity (aside from a lack of throwing tornadoes and Godzilla at it). Infamous as a resource hog, but less so if played reasonably (or so say fans).

I'm pretty sure the correct answer as always, though, is Tropico X.  :D
Title: Re: Which Sim City?
Post by: Father Ted on December 19, 2014, 06:01:44 PM
2000 - on DOSBox.  Sank a whole lot of hours into that baby back when I had a DoS box, and  clocked up a fair few with the emulator.  I'm actually following Cities: Skylines which is due out early next year.