GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Tech Talk => Topic started by: Staggerwing on December 20, 2014, 09:22:38 AM

Title: Cougar MFD panel sim accessory
Post by: Staggerwing on December 20, 2014, 09:22:38 AM
New flightsim accessory from Thrustmaster:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/mfd-cougar-pack

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thrustmaster.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fimagecache%2Fmedia_large%2Fproduct%2F168_medium.jpg&hash=165afd95156b7699862711ccdc640cbb2c6dcc63)

Note- it's not a display. The images inside are just game-specific printed cards in a clear sleeve to ID the buttons. Still, it looks like it could be handy for everything from FSX to tank sims to Frontier:Elite. Has anyone gotten one (or a two-pack) of these? Looked at one in the store? The description says the panel is adjustable and weighted and I wonder if you could rig a small tablet in the middle instead of the game key cards to add functionality (checklists, GPS, etc). I'm curious as to how stable it is on a desk and how easy the buttons are to push w/out moving the whole thing backwards.


Here it is at Amazon in case someone else is interested. Looks like there are two to a box and the entire weight is 2.6 lbs.
http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Cougar-Flight-Control-Panels/dp/B002HH9TRY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0VYSZJCW1RGWB30K6NRS

Title: Re: Cougar MFD panel sim accessory
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 20, 2014, 01:57:48 PM
That's pretty cool.

Though I read "Cougar" and thought of this:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.peopleamazeme.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F05%2Fcougar-cindy-mar-sexy-woman.jpg&hash=1cb5c7c074c3497f7758c03017bcf2cd309b4937)

[Post-to-bewbs ratio of 1:1. Achievement Unlocked!]
Title: Re: Cougar MFD panel sim accessory
Post by: bbmike on December 20, 2014, 06:27:37 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 20, 2014, 01:57:48 PM
That's pretty cool.

Though I read "Cougar" and thought of this:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.peopleamazeme.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F05%2Fcougar-cindy-mar-sexy-woman.jpg&hash=1cb5c7c074c3497f7758c03017bcf2cd309b4937)

[Post-to-bewbs ratio of 1:1. Achievement Unlocked!]


Yeah, that's why I looked at this thread.  :P
Title: Re: Cougar MFD panel sim accessory
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 20, 2014, 07:21:22 PM
the title was such a slow ball I let ya'll take it.
Title: Re: Cougar MFD panel sim accessory
Post by: Yskonyn on January 01, 2015, 03:35:38 AM
Is it a new toy for you, because it has been out for several years!
I have them too and they are pretty handy.


.
Title: Re: Cougar MFD panel sim accessory
Post by: Staggerwing on January 01, 2015, 07:28:39 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on January 01, 2015, 03:35:38 AM
Is it a new toy for you, because it has been out for several years!
I have them too and they are pretty handy.

I am considering getting them. How easy is it to use the buttons without inadvertently pushing the whole panel back?
Title: Re: Cougar MFD panel sim accessory
Post by: Yskonyn on January 01, 2015, 07:30:27 AM
They are very lightweight, eventhough you mount them in a triangle and its base has rubber feet. You would do well to place them in front of an object to prevent them from being pushed back.


.
Title: Re: Cougar MFD panel sim accessory
Post by: Staggerwing on January 01, 2015, 07:36:45 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on January 01, 2015, 07:30:27 AM
They are very lightweight, eventhough you mount them in a triangle and its base has rubber feet. You would do well to place them in front of an object to prevent them from being pushed back.


.

Good to know, thanks. I was considering putting small monitors behind them. If you get a chance to measure, how wide is the opening inside from corner to corner?