GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on December 20, 2014, 10:31:03 AM

Title: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 20, 2014, 10:31:03 AM
Euro truck Simulator 2 keeps crashing when I try to change any of the graphics settings. The res is something ridiculous (looks like 640x480) and as soon as I click on another resolution, it crashes...everytime.

Any ideas?
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on December 20, 2014, 10:35:28 AM
Misleading title. Expected a video montage
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: jomni on December 20, 2014, 10:36:01 AM
not me. just drove today.
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 20, 2014, 10:48:18 AM
with all of your recent problems JD perhaps a wipe and reformat is in order.
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 20, 2014, 11:08:46 AM
lol

It hadn't been fired up in ages.

Turns out starting in Safe Mode (ETS2 - not Windows) and setting the graphics sorts it out.
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: em2nought on December 20, 2014, 11:35:09 AM
So is this the best truck simulator out there?   I really think I should know something about trucks. lol
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: DennisS on December 20, 2014, 12:06:23 PM
I bought ETS2 last night, 85% off, and am having a blast! Highest recommendation..and if you see a big blue Volvo with major dents and scratches, be very afraid! :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 20, 2014, 12:37:24 PM
It is actually a great game. Bit samey...but enough variety to give you a good run.

I haven't played it for a while and fired it up and back into the mood for hauling goods and building my wee empire
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 20, 2014, 01:58:59 PM
So you have played this a long time ago, then came back to it and it's not working?

That happens to me a LOT with Steam games. If I go months not playing something then fire it up, 9 times out of 10 it refuses to start.
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: endfire79 on December 23, 2014, 12:33:40 PM
Have you tried reinstalling your graphics card drivers Dredd?
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 23, 2014, 12:54:43 PM
Quote from: endfire79 on December 23, 2014, 12:33:40 PM
Have you tried reinstalling your graphics card drivers Dredd?
Thanks endfire79...but I posted this further up

Quote
Turns out starting in Safe Mode (ETS2 - not Windows) and setting the graphics sorts it out.

O0
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: Father Ted on December 23, 2014, 05:14:38 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 20, 2014, 12:37:24 PM
It is actually a great game. Bit samey...but enough variety to give you a good run.

I haven't played it for a while and fired it up and back into the mood for hauling goods and building my wee empire

Judge "Stobart" Dredd?
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: Nefaro on December 23, 2014, 05:23:22 PM
Quote from: endfire79 on December 23, 2014, 12:33:40 PM
Have you tried reinstalling your graphics card drivers Dredd?


..and using Driver Sweeper in between to make sure the old ones are completely gone.
Title: Re: Euro Truck Simulator Crashing
Post by: endfire79 on December 23, 2014, 05:38:21 PM
Interesting game concept, convoooooooy!

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F3ngqfbmqoyl3hz02w2gjccsf64.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F01%2FThe-Simpsons-Truck-Driver-Segment.png&hash=745c0ff212855de6ab16a1ff1a77677307b1e33e)