GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Bison on April 24, 2012, 01:26:08 PM

Title: I'm an Idiot Gaming Moments
Post by: Bison on April 24, 2012, 01:26:08 PM
So I've played Diablo 2 serveral times through over the years and I've always just accepted two things: 1. it's fixed in 800X600 resolution that leaves the annoying black bars on the side of the screen and 2. patch 1.2 was the final patch.

I just learned that both those things are wrong and have been so for over 2 years at least.  Latest patch 1.3 lets me play the game with awesome full screen coverage!

YES!

I feel like a rube...
Title: Re: I'm an Idiot Gaming Moments
Post by: LongBlade on April 24, 2012, 01:31:07 PM
Meh.

We all do dumb stuff sometimes.
Title: Re: I'm an Idiot Gaming Moments
Post by: Stryker07 on April 24, 2012, 02:39:13 PM
LOL, I had no idea........  Off to go find that 1.3 patch!
Title: Re: I'm an Idiot Gaming Moments
Post by: Bison on April 24, 2012, 06:32:54 PM
It makes the game 100X better, if that is possible.
Title: Re: I'm an Idiot Gaming Moments
Post by: Nefaro on April 26, 2012, 01:54:27 AM
HUH?!

You mean there was an update that supports higher screen resolutions?!! 

I know that the expansion allowed it to go all the way up to an amazing 1024x768 way back when.   :P
Title: Re: I'm an Idiot Gaming Moments
Post by: Bison on April 26, 2012, 02:01:53 AM
There is a hi-res mod out there, but this just takes the awesome 800X600 and makes it fit your screen.  Which surprisingly isn't horrible to look at imo.
Title: Re: I'm an Idiot Gaming Moments
Post by: Nefaro on April 26, 2012, 08:27:10 AM
Quote from: Bison on April 26, 2012, 02:01:53 AM
There is a hi-res mod out there, but this just takes the awesome 800X600 and makes it fit your screen.  Which surprisingly isn't horrible to look at imo.

Meh..  Your monitor & vid card should be able to stretch it to fit all by itself.  You don't need a patch to do that.
Title: Re: I'm an Idiot Gaming Moments
Post by: Bison on April 26, 2012, 08:31:37 AM
The patch actually adds in a bunch of fixes so it's all good.  And it doesn't stretch the damn thing on it's own but makes it look ok for when you go into your GPU settings and stretch it.