GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: DoctorQuest on December 30, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

Title: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: DoctorQuest on December 30, 2014, 04:56:20 PM
For the other SF2 fans here...

Do335 over at combatace.com has consolidated all the current SF2 Korean War mods into a single mod. It should make setting up an SF2 KAW install much easier.

Here are the two links you will need. Please read the provided information as it will point you to the correct terrain to use and how to install.

http://combatace.com/files/file/15221-wings-over-korea-1-of-2/
http://combatace.com/files/file/15220-wings-over-korea-2-of-2/

I have just started installing it myself so I don't have any feedback at this time. I'll post some screenshots when I get things running and I get some stick time.

DQ
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 30, 2014, 05:01:39 PM
Thanks for posting. Look forward to your impressions.
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: Nefaro on December 30, 2014, 05:24:32 PM
The amount of mods for the SF2 series is astounding. 

It can also be a pain to get some of them installed, especially considering the "mod soup" effect.  Good to see some compilations like this!


I've only installed a couple aircraft.. some of the easier ones.. and some terrain.  They were superb mods.  The Mirage F-1C model and custom cockpit was gorgeous.   

I still have an excessively long list of modded flyable a/c I want to try.
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: steve58 on December 30, 2014, 05:33:25 PM
...this tempts me to dig out my digital copy of SF2 I bought for one of the Rising Sun mods by YankeeAirPirates, but it looks like just having the original SF2 is not enough?  Am I reading the reqs correctly?
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: Nefaro on December 30, 2014, 05:49:37 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 30, 2014, 05:33:25 PM
...this tempts me to dig out my digital copy of SF2 I bought for one of the Rising Sun mods by YankeeAirPirates, but it looks like just having the original SF2 is not enough?  Am I reading the reqs correctly?


QuoteRequirements: SF2I, SF2V, SF2E, SF2 Exp1, SF2NA

Looks like it requires pretty much all of them plus the first small expansion for the original SF2.  Unfortunately this is a common problem with many of the mega mods for SF2. 

The mods included must've used assets from various versions.  :-\
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: jomni on December 30, 2014, 06:26:35 PM
Thanks.  I'll go check this out during New Year.  O0
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: smittyohio on December 30, 2014, 07:22:30 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 30, 2014, 05:49:37 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 30, 2014, 05:33:25 PM
...this tempts me to dig out my digital copy of SF2 I bought for one of the Rising Sun mods by YankeeAirPirates, but it looks like just having the original SF2 is not enough?  Am I reading the reqs correctly?


QuoteRequirements: SF2I, SF2V, SF2E, SF2 Exp1, SF2NA

Looks like it requires pretty much all of them plus the first small expansion for the original SF2.  Unfortunately this is a common problem with many of the mega mods for SF2. 

The mods included must've used assets from various versions.  :-\

I was curious so I went to Third Wire's site to see how much the game would cost... I see SF2I, SF2V, SF2E, and SF2NA.   I don't see this "SF2 Exp1"...  Did it get included in one of the other games?
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2014, 07:41:01 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on December 30, 2014, 07:22:30 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 30, 2014, 05:49:37 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 30, 2014, 05:33:25 PM
...this tempts me to dig out my digital copy of SF2 I bought for one of the Rising Sun mods by YankeeAirPirates, but it looks like just having the original SF2 is not enough?  Am I reading the reqs correctly?


QuoteRequirements: SF2I, SF2V, SF2E, SF2 Exp1, SF2NA

Looks like it requires pretty much all of them plus the first small expansion for the original SF2.  Unfortunately this is a common problem with many of the mega mods for SF2. 

The mods included must've used assets from various versions.  :-\

I was curious so I went to Third Wire's site to see how much the game would cost... I see SF2I, SF2V, SF2E, and SF2NA.   I don't see this "SF2 Exp1"...  Did it get included in one of the other games?

Right here

https://store.thirdwire.com/project_sf2_exp1.htm
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: smittyohio on December 30, 2014, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2014, 07:41:01 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on December 30, 2014, 07:22:30 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 30, 2014, 05:49:37 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 30, 2014, 05:33:25 PM
...this tempts me to dig out my digital copy of SF2 I bought for one of the Rising Sun mods by YankeeAirPirates, but it looks like just having the original SF2 is not enough?  Am I reading the reqs correctly?


QuoteRequirements: SF2I, SF2V, SF2E, SF2 Exp1, SF2NA

Looks like it requires pretty much all of them plus the first small expansion for the original SF2.  Unfortunately this is a common problem with many of the mega mods for SF2. 

The mods included must've used assets from various versions.  :-\

I was curious so I went to Third Wire's site to see how much the game would cost... I see SF2I, SF2V, SF2E, and SF2NA.   I don't see this "SF2 Exp1"...  Did it get included in one of the other games?

Right here

https://store.thirdwire.com/project_sf2_exp1.htm

Thanks!   I guess I should have clicked "show all" under the Windows 7 games, which I got to by clicking their "Store" button.
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2014, 08:39:39 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on December 30, 2014, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2014, 07:41:01 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on December 30, 2014, 07:22:30 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 30, 2014, 05:49:37 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 30, 2014, 05:33:25 PM
...this tempts me to dig out my digital copy of SF2 I bought for one of the Rising Sun mods by YankeeAirPirates, but it looks like just having the original SF2 is not enough?  Am I reading the reqs correctly?


QuoteRequirements: SF2I, SF2V, SF2E, SF2 Exp1, SF2NA

Looks like it requires pretty much all of them plus the first small expansion for the original SF2.  Unfortunately this is a common problem with many of the mega mods for SF2. 

The mods included must've used assets from various versions.  :-\

I was curious so I went to Third Wire's site to see how much the game would cost... I see SF2I, SF2V, SF2E, and SF2NA.   I don't see this "SF2 Exp1"...  Did it get included in one of the other games?

Right here

https://store.thirdwire.com/project_sf2_exp1.htm

Thanks!   I guess I should have clicked "show all" under the Windows 7 games, which I got to by clicking their "Store" button.

No problem...kind of wish I would have kept up with this series (own version 1 of everything and the WW1 sim).....if I wanted to buy everything for SF2, it would be close to $200.  Might have to start trying this piece by piece over time.  It was one of those flight sims I could actually reasonably control, don't know why I ever stopped playing:)
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: jomni on December 30, 2014, 09:46:24 PM
Somewhat related to SF2.  I'm planning to recreate the SF2I  Yom Kippur war in Command. Let's see if a sadbox scenario like this is even possible. Imagine directing your air assets to gain air superiority and interdict the ground forces marching to your capital. The new Surge Ops mode would be useful and tested.
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: DoctorQuest on December 31, 2014, 11:26:12 AM
For those of you with SF1 you don't need to feel left out. Go grab these two files at combatace. A very good SF1 Korean War mod

http://combatace.com/files/file/1494-korean-air-war-complete-mod/
http://combatace.com/files/file/3329-korean-war-mod-update/

I agree it is a little frustrating having to have practically the entire SF2 collection to use the SF2 Korean War mod. You could probably install the mod using any one of the SF2 sims as a base but you would end up missing some aircraft and in the case of SF2:North Atlantic you would have some restrictions on carrier based ops.
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: republic on January 02, 2015, 10:11:23 AM
I own SF:2 Israel and Europe, and the entire SF:1 series.  For a few years now I keep expecting a Strike Fighters 2 Gold or something with all the addons, but it doesn't appear likely to ever happen.  Years ago there was a random sale where everything was 50% off, but I haven't even seen a sale in years either.  :\
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: jomni on January 02, 2015, 08:10:09 PM
Quote from: republic on January 02, 2015, 10:11:23 AM
I own SF:2 Israel and Europe, and the entire SF:1 series.  For a few years now I keep expecting a Strike Fighters 2 Gold or something with all the addons, but it doesn't appear likely to ever happen.  Years ago there was a random sale where everything was 50% off, but I haven't even seen a sale in years either.  :\

Thirdwire quietly released a single installer that had all the titles to those who bought everything (before North Atlantic).  It's not available for sale. But that was outdated already when the expansion packs, and single-aircraft purchases came.
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: jomni on January 05, 2015, 05:59:57 PM
I have put up some screens in the Screenshot thread.  More to come.
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=948.2550
Title: Re: Strike Fighters 2: Wings Over Korea mod at combatace.com
Post by: Nefaro on January 17, 2015, 08:27:25 PM
Reminded me of the flight simmers here...



:D