GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jomni on December 31, 2014, 06:34:39 AM

Title: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: jomni on December 31, 2014, 06:34:39 AM
I just don't know why I bother buying from this site. Too bad the game I want is only available here.
Paying via Paypal fails.  Credit card fails.  The site is just not responding when I make a payment.  :idiot2:
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: sandman2575 on December 31, 2014, 08:13:09 AM
I always get credit card failures why I try to buy from GG -- the fact that the company is European spooks Bank of America's fraud detection, every time.  Definitely frustrating.
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 31, 2014, 08:20:23 AM
I usually buy from gamers gate using PayPal.   Bought one game a few days ago without any issue.  In the past they use to be one of my main purchase places, but recently have only purchased a couple of things here and there.

I typically go to www.isthereanydeal.com to find which place is the cheapest and go there:)
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: jomni on December 31, 2014, 08:28:05 AM
Even PayPal transactions doesn't push through anymore.  :-[  At least in my case.
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: JasonPratt on December 31, 2014, 08:42:08 AM
^^ That's super-weird -- I didn't have any problem using Paypal the other day to pick up a couple of things on sale.  :-\
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 31, 2014, 08:46:02 AM
Quote from: jomni on December 31, 2014, 08:28:05 AM
Even PayPal transactions doesn't push through anymore.  :-[  At least in my case.

Just curious, what game you trying to purchase?  Maybe it does exist elsewhere...

Have you tried a different browser for grins?
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: Tuna on December 31, 2014, 08:46:39 AM
Try their customer service Jomni? They're one of the 'few' big companies that has good Customer Service.. Or at least they did..
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: bbmike on December 31, 2014, 09:30:27 AM
I can't pay with credit cards on Gamersgate any more either. If Paypal stops working I stop buying from them. Yeah, I know I could try their customer service but I'm devout anti-social.
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: Nefaro on December 31, 2014, 10:56:19 AM
Jomni.. you're in Asia aren't you?

From what I've seen, Gamersgate's site is region sensitive.  For example, I can see the British site but if I try to purchase anything there it flips out and doesn't let me.

Not sure if they have a site for your location.  ???
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: jomni on January 05, 2015, 01:41:52 AM
Yes I am. Well I shot them an email to support and they did not reply.:/ I'm glad Paradox distributes via Steam now. The website is extremely sluggish from where I am. I'm done with this company.
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: Boggit on January 07, 2015, 01:10:16 AM
Quote from: jomni on January 05, 2015, 01:41:52 AM
Yes I am. Well I shot them an email to support and they did not reply.:/ I'm glad Paradox distributes via Steam now. The website is extremely sluggish from where I am. I'm done with this company.
I'm surprised they didn't reply, unless they are snowed under from the Christmas sales. They haven't many customer service people, but they are usually pretty good at sorting things out. I've had Paypal refused on a couple of occasions - but only as I had been cherrypicking several games during the day. It doesn't handle multiple purchases on the same payment method well - to do with anti-fraud. It was annoying but I'd rather be protected against fraud, even if I did lose out on a sale item.

On balance I find them one of the better online retailers simply because their customer service is good, and will generally help you if there is a problem.
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 07, 2015, 07:11:42 AM
Yeah, I had this problem in early December. Got a gift card from my company's Christmas party but couldn't use it to buy a couple of sale items on GG or GOG either for that matter. US gift cards will not allow overseas purchases (thanks, overseas criminals!). Not that it matters now as I have way too many Steam games to even want to cast a glance to other websites' sales now.
Title: Re: Problem buying from Gamersgate
Post by: jomni on January 07, 2015, 07:59:36 AM
They finally replied!  But it's quite standard... like lowering security, clearing cookies.