GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Toonces on January 12, 2015, 10:45:35 PM

Title: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on January 12, 2015, 10:45:35 PM
Saw this on Steam:  http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=weeklongdeals#sort_by=_ASC&tags=21%2C9&filter=weeklongdeals&page=1

The premise sounds neat, you basically go on a ship and everyone has a specific character they're supposed to kill while also being hunted by another character.

This sounds like it would be a great Grogheads group game.  Only $5 on sale this week...who's interested?   O0
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 12, 2015, 10:55:54 PM
Me!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on January 12, 2015, 11:15:49 PM
sounds interesting and different.....and that's my only criteria for purchase.....yea i bought it :idiot2:
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: republic on January 12, 2015, 11:16:43 PM
I'm in!

I got it years ago when they were giving it free for some reason or another.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on January 13, 2015, 12:36:44 AM
Right on!  Ok, I just bought it too.   :P
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 13, 2015, 07:13:04 AM
Wow, really? LOL.

I've had this game for years but haven't played it much. It was pretty appealing at the time and I got online to play it a couple of times. I'll reinstall it if y'all are playing it.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Staggerwing on January 13, 2015, 07:42:37 AM
Alright, I picked it up as well.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 13, 2015, 08:13:19 AM
I'll pick it up tonight.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Shelldrake on January 13, 2015, 08:23:39 AM
Looks like fun. From what I read it seems the someone will have to host a server.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 13, 2015, 09:01:02 AM
I tried a free weekend a few years ago.  Interesting premise but it moves far too quickly for my tastes. It felt like I was playing Counterstrike with Agatha Christie skins.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Con on January 13, 2015, 09:15:59 AM
I am in. Practicing my killer death moves with the mannequin arm

Con
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 13, 2015, 09:42:52 AM
$5 for the joy of being stalked by 20 of my closest friends?

Sure.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 09:58:15 AM
This is a trick to make me break my no new games resolution  >:(
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 13, 2015, 10:22:38 AM
I just reinstalled it. I don't remember how to play but I do remember I sucked at it.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: JudgeDredd on January 13, 2015, 10:23:23 AM
Stay strong mirth!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 13, 2015, 10:30:14 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 13, 2015, 09:58:15 AM
This is a trick to make me break my no new games resolution  >:(

(a) It's not a new game; it's been out for years. (Loophole Clause, Gamer Contract #515a, subsection R12.)

(2) Resolutions are lame.

(III) You really think a GH member can put one over on you?

(Vier) There is no 'break,' there is only joining. JOIN USSS...IT IS ONLY FIVE DOLLAH...

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FLvFm4qj.jpg&hash=6755e5b875dd67f7b3d6f3b6619e4a178d490b6c)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 11:11:40 AM
^You make compelling arguments.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: JudgeDredd on January 13, 2015, 11:37:55 AM
No he doesn't
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 13, 2015, 11:38:32 AM
I've played around with it. It has some interesting mechanics which make it more than just a "wander around and find a mark" game.

For instance there is a meter for food and drink. You need to find a restaurant or bar to reduce the need.

There's also a kind of bio-break meter, forcing you to periodically go to the restroom.

There's also a a hygiene meter which forces you to shower or wash your hands periodically.

Each of these mechanics forces you to, at some point, move from a safe location (lots of witnesses) to a place where there are no witnesses/cameras.

I can see how, as a group, we might enjoy what is essentially a video game of tag. For $5 this is a no-brainer.

Except for Mirth. 
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 13, 2015, 11:39:29 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 13, 2015, 11:37:55 AM
No he doesn't

Oh, but he does.

A five dollar Bill Murray trumps anything that isn't female and scantily clad.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 01:37:26 PM
Quote from: Con on January 13, 2015, 09:15:59 AM
I am in. Practicing my killer death moves with the mannequin arm

Con

Would you say that you are now armed and dangerous?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Con on January 13, 2015, 01:45:11 PM
I have always been a proponent of the 2nd Amendment to Arm Bears.....or is it the other way around always get that mixed up

Con
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 02:05:02 PM
Come on Mirth, you can sneak up behind me and stab me in the neck.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 02:29:59 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 02:05:02 PM
Come on Mirth, you can sneak up behind me and stab me in the neck.

Like I need to buy a game...
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 13, 2015, 02:31:46 PM
...in the neck, huh?  ^-^
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: endfire79 on January 13, 2015, 02:52:16 PM
Choose your poison.  Aquaman might suggest the silent but deadly approach (an underwater fart in the back)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 13, 2015, 03:19:42 PM
JD talks tough but he probably bought 3 copies already.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: sambo on January 13, 2015, 03:26:36 PM
I have x2 gift copies in my steam inventory if anyone wants a copy (so need an email address to send to or friend in steam)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Nefaro on January 13, 2015, 04:23:19 PM
Damn.. and I just picked up Payday 2 on the Xmas sale in the hopes of heist multiplayer.  Now there's a murder multiplayer movement?  :))


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffnrad.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FFive-Dollar-Defaced-Boom-Headshot.jpg&hash=d0566ef48baaa2f4337a76df0bf8df4bcc644ec3)


I'm waffling.  Will you guys actually get a big game going or will this disappear?  ???
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Cyrano on January 13, 2015, 04:52:25 PM
You gits play, let me know...

I've had the goofy thing for ages and realized I needed to take satisfaction in offing those I knew...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 13, 2015, 06:40:14 PM
I like that the host has an evil Romanian accent. Side note: as I bought it Pandora queued up Murder by Numbers by The Police. It's destiny.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 08:33:28 PM
Looks like I'm in. Thanks BC!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 13, 2015, 09:13:08 PM
OK. Next up: when do we start the mayhem?

Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 09:13:27 PM
so you bought it Mirth?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 09:24:42 PM
Quote from: dGDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 09:13:27 PM
so you bought it Mirth?

I didn't buy it, my guardian Suicide Cat did.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 09:31:40 PM
so you own it.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 13, 2015, 09:32:54 PM
I had forgotten I had two 2-packs of the game. I could only give one 2-pack away, not split it up. But I have another one. The 'sambo' guy on the previous page posted something similar and it reminded me I had them there, where they've been sitting for years.

I tried to make him take a drink to give up his AA ways, but decided that wasn't a nice thing to do.  O:-)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 09:33:32 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 09:31:40 PM
so you own it.

I own, but I did not purchase.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 09:34:51 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 13, 2015, 09:32:54 PM
I had forgotten I had two 2-packs of the game. I could only give one 2-pack away, not split it up. But I have another one. The 'sambo' guy on the previous page posted something similar and it reminded me I had them there, where they've been sitting for years.

I tried to make him take a drink to give up his AA ways, but decided that wasn't a nice thing to do.  O:-)

I got the email! I just haven't had a chance to redeem the gift!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 13, 2015, 09:36:13 PM
NP, you're welcome. Didn't think any of you yahoos would geek out over such a silly game like this, but that very yahoo-ish-ness might make it a helluvalotta fun.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 09:38:30 PM
I'm a little creeped out by it too :P
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 09:39:34 PM
fuck, now I have to buy it.

I was trying to trick Mirth into breaking his resolution and BC messed it all up.  >:(
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 13, 2015, 09:39:52 PM
I couldn't help but feel like I was running around on the Titanic, so yeah, it did creep me the fuck out too.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 13, 2015, 09:41:07 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 09:39:34 PM
fuck, now I have to buy it.

No, you don't. Not now.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 09:42:17 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 09:39:34 PM
fuck, now I have to buy it.

I was trying to trick Mirth DJ into breaking his resolution and BC messed it all up.  >:(

Hahahahaha!!!!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 13, 2015, 09:42:54 PM
Sheeeiiit, Star...you don't think there won't be other opportunities to make him break his AA game pledge?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 09:45:12 PM
^Bastard!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 09:45:37 PM
thanks BC!

Im gonna get you Mirth.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2015, 09:48:38 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 09:45:37 PM
thanks BC!

Im gonna get you Mirth.

It's a race between you and my ex.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 13, 2015, 09:59:17 PM
I've seen this movie before.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F51XPCDZAD9L._SY300_.jpg&hash=aeb1fda330506413024f94e10e8194b0da329cfa)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 13, 2015, 10:01:22 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 13, 2015, 09:59:17 PM
I've seen this movie before.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F51XPCDZAD9L._SY300_.jpg&hash=aeb1fda330506413024f94e10e8194b0da329cfa)

Somebody needs to code a mod of that for The Ship.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 13, 2015, 10:05:17 PM
^Paging mirth!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 13, 2015, 10:05:31 PM
I found a bug.

The in-game multiplayer server finder doesn't work.

Steam recommends you go to the top of the Steam menu and select View -> Servers

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FGrogHeads%2FTheShipMultiplayerServer006_zpsa98cb6b1.jpg&hash=1e4151166f41ede4c032c03b38b97fef393bf6ba)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FGrogHeads%2FTheShipMultiplayerServer001_zps986967d9.jpg&hash=c42bf67c55a241a0185e3d8845139d284eadd872)

Then you have to select Change Filter and then select Game, where you get a drop down box. Select The Ship.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FGrogHeads%2FTheShipMultiplayerServer003_zps9fb0eb23.jpg&hash=2ffd20e43f09ab4352ca6881a8fd7568d013d6c1)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FGrogHeads%2FTheShipMultiplayerServer004_zps5a12c166.jpg&hash=243a0eac62386de3acee38fbfbfc8853860934ce)

Then you'll see all the servers hosting the game.



I'm thinking this may need pix to properly explain. Working on that next.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 13, 2015, 10:09:46 PM
Do we want to try to get a game together this weekend some time?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Sir Slash on January 13, 2015, 10:26:23 PM
Sounds like AAR material to me. "The Last Grog Standing". Or hiding, or whimpering and hiding. Or whimpering, hiding, and wetting yourself which for me is pretty much my daily routine.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2015, 10:34:51 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 13, 2015, 10:26:23 PM
Sounds like AAR material to me. "The Last Grog Standing". Or hiding, or whimpering and hiding. Or whimpering, hiding, and wetting yourself which for me is pretty much my daily routine.

Mirth needs to learn how to respect his pets.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on January 13, 2015, 10:37:24 PM
I'm pretty sure we're playing this Friday night!   >:D
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 07:43:40 AM
Friday night is good but we must tackle the time zone question.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 14, 2015, 08:41:21 AM
I'm Gonna Get You Sucka - great movie. A friend of mine and I saw it when it hit theaters - we were the only white dudes in the entire house but that wasn't a big deal. This part had me laughing so hard I thought I'd wet myself:



...it still makes me giggle like an idiot even today.

Anyway...Friday night works for me too, pretty much any time.

Thanks for the heads-up on the servers, LB. I hadn't played this through Steam before - even though I have it on Steam, I bought the CD version and somehow it attached itself to my Steam account.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: JasonPratt on January 14, 2015, 09:59:24 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 07:43:40 AM
Friday night is good but we must tackle the time zone question.

It is probably this more than anything which helped me stay strong when I saw the thread.

NO NEW GAMES! ASIDE FROM SOME PRE-SET EXCEPTIONS! STAYING STRONG, WOOOO!

I will however be watching this (and/or an AAR thread) for how things go, because living vicariously is good.  >:D

(Though now the back of my mind is pestering me over whether I actually have a copy somewhere in one of my online libraries, huh...)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 10:18:03 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 14, 2015, 08:41:21 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on the servers, LB.

Any time. It looked like a show stopper so I figured I'd better do something.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: endfire79 on January 14, 2015, 11:06:59 AM
This game sounds fun! Hows it been so far with you guys?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 12:05:20 PM
Quote from: endfire79 on January 14, 2015, 11:06:59 AM
This game sounds fun! Hows it been so far with you guys?

I think playing with friends would be more satisfying. It's a fun little game. For $5 I can't complain. But I think it'll be far more fun knowing some/most/all of the folks on the server are fellow grogs.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 14, 2015, 12:18:05 PM
I haven't played an online game with Grogs since...well, okay, Warlock. :)

But BEFORE that, Battlefield 1942 with WG staffers. That was a chaotic mess and a lot of fun.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: endfire79 on January 14, 2015, 12:40:10 PM
I better take a stab at this game before my wife delivers mid February.

Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 12:41:11 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 14, 2015, 12:18:05 PM
I haven't played an online game with Grogs since...well, okay, Warlock. :)

But BEFORE that, Battlefield 1942 with WG staffers. That was a chaotic mess and a lot of fun.

Those BF42 days were a hoot.

Slightly more recently a bunch of us were playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare. That was awesome until the boneheads got the brilliant idea not to let anyone host their own servers any more.

Nothing is worse than being on a server with a bunch of buds and having some griefer show up and not be able to do anything about it.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: endfire79 on January 14, 2015, 12:41:38 PM
^ take a stab, darn i punned, swear I didn't realize it!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: endfire79 on January 14, 2015, 12:42:39 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 12:41:11 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 14, 2015, 12:18:05 PM
I haven't played an online game with Grogs since...well, okay, Warlock. :)

But BEFORE that, Battlefield 1942 with WG staffers. That was a chaotic mess and a lot of fun.

Those BF42 days were a hoot.

Slightly more recently a bunch of us were playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare.

Good times! 
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 12:49:54 PM
Quote from: endfire79 on January 14, 2015, 12:41:38 PM
^ take a stab, darn i punned, swear I didn't realize it!

I saw it but didn't want to fire the first salvo.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Shelldrake on January 14, 2015, 12:50:25 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 12:41:11 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 14, 2015, 12:18:05 PM
I haven't played an online game with Grogs since...well, okay, Warlock. :)

But BEFORE that, Battlefield 1942 with WG staffers. That was a chaotic mess and a lot of fun.


Slightly more recently a bunch of us were playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare. That was awesome until the boneheads got the brilliant idea not to let anyone host their own servers any more.

Nothing is worse than being on a server with a bunch of buds and having some griefer show up and not be able to do anything about it.

Good times indeed!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on January 14, 2015, 08:05:48 PM
Freakin' Deadskin was deadly in that game!  And LB, weren't you the one that always went around knifing everyone?

Anyway, I think this game will be super fun if we can get like 8-10 of us on, and just go nuts on each other with the stabby stabby.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 14, 2015, 08:33:25 PM
The only thing I remember is Jim Cobb running down the middle of the road and us running him over with a Jeep.

In fact, the Jeep and Kubelwagon were my weapons of choice in MP games.  O0
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
I got knifed by LB like 1000 times in Call of Duty.

More recently, a bunch of us played Left 4 Dead 2 for a while and that was quite the hoot.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 09:19:58 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
I got knifed by LB like 1000 times in Call of Duty.

Star is gonna be so jealous...
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 09:21:05 PM
Quote from: Toonces on January 14, 2015, 08:05:48 PM
Freakin' Deadskin was deadly in that game! 

There were several of us who got to be pretty good in that game. Man, that was some fun. The best part was you never knew for sure who was going to drop into the server for some mayhem. It was awesome!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 09:23:06 PM
That feels like it was a really long time ago.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 14, 2015, 09:24:20 PM
I have Left For Dead 2 also. I played it exactly one time online, but it was fun.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 09:34:33 PM
We had LB, Oche, Bison and a few other fellers playing it for a while here.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Staggerwing on January 14, 2015, 09:41:59 PM
I played a couple of rounds of L4D with you guys. Those skanky shrieking old-lady witch zombies freaked me out even more than the hugenormicated cave-troll ones.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 09:43:04 PM
^Me too.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Bison on January 14, 2015, 10:03:27 PM
Yeah we had some fun with L4D2.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 14, 2015, 10:17:36 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
I got knifed by LB like 1000 times.

now theres a metaphor.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 10:32:59 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 09:34:33 PM
We had LB, Oche, Bison and a few other fellers playing it for a while here.

Deadskin was pretty bad ass in all those games, but especially L4D. He's a must-have when you crank the difficulty level.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Shelldrake on January 16, 2015, 08:24:02 AM
So....are we playing tonight?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 16, 2015, 08:33:17 AM
Good question...we need a time.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on January 16, 2015, 12:22:26 PM
What do you guys use for comms? Do I need to play this game in single player before giving MP a try?

I don't have anything going on tonight.  :)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 16, 2015, 01:04:40 PM
I wont be gaming until around 10pm and I think I have some WoT bs to do at some point.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Shelldrake on January 16, 2015, 01:27:32 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 16, 2015, 01:04:40 PM
I wont be gaming until around 10pm and I think I have some WoT bs to do at some point.

I am on Atlantic time so am available between 8 and 11 EST.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 17, 2015, 01:18:57 AM
I spent some time with this tonight.  kind of slow after all the other fps game I've played but interesting.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on January 17, 2015, 11:40:37 AM
i went threw the tutorial and a bit of the single player, multiplayer is the only way it will be fun.I hope to give it a go today.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 17, 2015, 01:21:10 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 17, 2015, 01:18:57 AM
I spent some time with this tonight.  kind of slow after all the other fps game I've played but interesting.

The key is to find a server where there's enough time to find your quarry. Some of the ships are quite large. 90 seconds isn't enough to do much.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 17, 2015, 01:30:18 PM
I dont like slow walking everywhere.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on January 17, 2015, 03:13:06 PM
Quote from: Toonces on January 12, 2015, 10:45:35 PM
Saw this on Steam:  http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=weeklongdeals#sort_by=_ASC&tags=21%2C9&filter=weeklongdeals&page=1

The premise sounds neat, you basically go on a ship and everyone has a specific character they're supposed to kill while also being hunted by another character.

This sounds like it would be a great Grogheads group game.  Only $5 on sale this week...who's interested?   O0

I already have it, and played a little solo, which is a bit 'meh' but I can imagine that MP is fun.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 17, 2015, 05:26:37 PM
MP is fun, but MP with THIS lot is probably highly entertaining. Woe to any stragglers that happen upon it...unless it's closed of course.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 17, 2015, 09:01:26 PM
just so I can say, "I did Bawb in the parlor with a candle stick."
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Con on January 17, 2015, 09:13:08 PM
I thought that you were more along the lines of Hatchet Harry from Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels

Beat Bawb to death in the office with a giant black black dildo.....



Con
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 17, 2015, 09:16:56 PM
no Sir.

Bawb is a gentleman of the British Empire and as such will be delt with at dawn with rapiers.
I mean not to kill him, just cut one inch off the left side of his moustache.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on January 18, 2015, 05:57:12 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 17, 2015, 09:16:56 PM
no Sir.

Bawb is a gentleman of the British Empire and as such will be delt with at dawn with rapiers.
I mean not to kill him, just cut one inch off the left side of his moustache.

By Jove, Sir. Run me through with a rapier if you must, but I implore you, do not mutilate the moustache!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 18, 2015, 06:41:15 AM
Forgive me Sir but, I must be cruel to be kind.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on January 18, 2015, 08:25:06 AM
^In the right  measure
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: MetalDog on January 18, 2015, 08:31:11 AM
Cruel to be kind?  It's a very good sign!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Staggerwing on January 18, 2015, 08:33:40 AM
NM.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: MetalDog on January 18, 2015, 08:54:51 AM
No love in your heart, Stagger?  ;)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 18, 2015, 02:44:47 PM
But baby...
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on January 18, 2015, 02:52:03 PM
Stop cluttering up my thread with this nonsense!   >:(
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: undercovergeek on January 18, 2015, 03:30:01 PM
Quote from: Toonces on January 18, 2015, 02:52:03 PM
Stop cluttering up my thread with this nonsense!   >:(

as if this took you by surprise.......

''wait, i have something important to say!"

"does it have boobs?"

"can we fk it?''

end of thread
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Staggerwing on January 18, 2015, 03:32:11 PM
Well? Does it? Can we?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on January 18, 2015, 05:19:00 PM
Get back in the queue, will ya.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 18, 2015, 05:24:20 PM
BEWBS.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: MetalDog on January 18, 2015, 05:42:54 PM
Quote from: Toonces on January 18, 2015, 02:52:03 PM
Stop cluttering up my thread with this nonsense!   >:(


This nonsense?


Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Arctic Blast on January 18, 2015, 09:45:59 PM
By the way, the same company who made The Ship also made a game called Bloody Good Time. A lot of the same ideas, only they ripped out some of the fluff and streamlined things a little, but with A LOT more environmental traps.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 19, 2015, 09:42:42 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on January 18, 2015, 08:33:40 AM
NM.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.kinja-img.com%2Fgawker-media%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fs--2wtd85VC--%2F199wru1cqqngsjpg.jpg&hash=7c630c85ed76632a9c7014c28c82d16c458de67a)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 19, 2015, 09:43:31 AM
Quote from: Toonces on January 18, 2015, 02:52:03 PM
Stop cluttering up my thread with this nonsense!   >:(

Doood! You're harshing our mellow.

Now, who wants to derail this thread next?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 10:03:12 AM
Bewbs. With big areolas.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2015, 10:14:00 AM
Roast beef curtains!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 10:15:36 AM
^Nice one.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on January 19, 2015, 10:15:51 AM
Beans on toast.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 10:17:11 AM
^Dignified. Just what I would expect from Our Bawb.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on January 19, 2015, 10:19:31 AM
been ages since I had baked beans on toast. Just sayin' :)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2015, 10:22:26 AM
I thought 'baked beans on toast' was a British euphemism for a particularly nasty STD.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 10:31:32 AM
Our Bawb would never be so vulgar.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2015, 10:35:31 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 10:31:32 AM
Our Bawb would never be so vulgar.

Ha! Oh yes he would. He'd just be very British about it, so it would fly over our ignorant colonial heads.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 10:38:35 AM
Well which is it Bawb?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2015, 10:41:15 AM
I'm just saying, if her lady parts look like baked beans and toast, it's best avoided.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.freefoto.com%2Fimages%2F09%2F37%2F09_37_4_web.jpg&hash=2f44864fd1301efa77d787f4d232687d7e4d417d)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 10:43:48 AM
I'm hungry.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on January 19, 2015, 11:08:47 AM
And, if you are feeling a bit more peckish, bung a fried egg on top. Yum!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Cyrano on January 19, 2015, 11:41:05 AM
I leave you guys alone for ONE WEEKEND...and...there's...toast...

Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: LongBlade on January 19, 2015, 12:05:38 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on January 19, 2015, 11:41:05 AM
I leave you guys alone for ONE WEEKEND...and...there's...toast...

Hey, Bawb said "bung" first!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 12:42:15 PM
That's the vulgar line for Our Bawb, I think. No bung!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2015, 12:47:23 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.troll.me%2Fimages%2Fbeavis-and-butthead-lol%2Fi-am-cornholio-i-need-tp-for-my-bungholio.jpg&hash=5b6ce996e05b512a32e29ac32825daf6ca15d76f)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 12:50:02 PM
^That's pretty par for the course for you. And I've known you virtually for 10+ years. Maybe more.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2015, 12:51:35 PM
I haven't changed much in that time.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 02:31:09 PM
Damn right.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on January 19, 2015, 02:35:22 PM
 >:(
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2015, 03:07:23 PM
WHY are we not playing and murdering each other in-game yet?!?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: JasonPratt on January 19, 2015, 03:35:51 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 19, 2015, 03:07:23 PM
WHY are we not playing and murdering each other in-game yet?!?

I was going to ask if this means y'all are murdering one another yet, and I'm just missing the subtleties of reference...
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 03:47:44 PM
I haven't murdered anyone.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 19, 2015, 04:09:23 PM
Thats because your stabbing me in the shin.  ::)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 05:10:43 PM
Kinda flabby and soft for a shin.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 19, 2015, 05:22:35 PM
Thats my big toe.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 05:30:52 PM
Where's the nail?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 20, 2015, 12:22:43 PM
Look up.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 11, 2015, 06:53:11 PM
You punks all just decide to not play this, now?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on April 11, 2015, 07:25:00 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 11, 2015, 06:53:11 PM
You punks all just decide to not play this, now?

I'm open to purchasing it. Is there a way to play it multi-player?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on April 11, 2015, 09:59:51 PM
You know I was just thinking about this game the other night.  Let's plan on giving this a go next weekend...maybe Friday night?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on April 12, 2015, 06:46:48 AM
I have the game, although not installed ATM. I can soon put it back on if we going anywhere with this.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on April 12, 2015, 07:10:59 AM
I have it installed. Haven't done anything with though. Waitin on you bums.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on April 12, 2015, 09:04:53 AM
Ive got it thanks to BC and its installed.  I was waiting on you ladies.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: JasonPratt on April 12, 2015, 10:06:12 AM
I don't have it at all and I'm still waiting on all of you to do something with it!  :D (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fold.wargamer.com%2Fforums%2Fsmiley%2F00000613.gif&hash=8692de0bc694c1fd280a438a2cf38c281f8bbd63)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: JasonPratt on April 12, 2015, 10:07:03 AM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on April 11, 2015, 07:25:00 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 11, 2015, 06:53:11 PM
You punks all just decide to not play this, now?

I'm open to purchasing it. Is there a way to play it multi-player?

It was designed to be primarily multiplayer.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on April 12, 2015, 10:37:38 AM
I got it, installed it and then uninstalled it when no one was playing.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: mirth on April 12, 2015, 11:34:59 AM
We're a sorry lot.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 12, 2015, 12:04:25 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2015, 10:37:38 AM
I got it, installed it and then uninstalled it when no one was playing.

same.

My question is if you have just 5 or 6 players in multiplayer can you include AI bots? unless we are all just planning on joining an ongoing server with other people to fill out the game.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 12, 2015, 01:29:58 PM
It's an online MP thing. I'm not sure about creating a game for just GH people...someone should test it. I might have time later today.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 12, 2015, 02:29:01 PM
I create a server just to see if there would be bots, looks like there are. I'm going to check the manual[if there is one] to see the different games mode and settings then create a server. Give me about 30 minutes and look for a server called "grogs ship server"   password will grogs.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 12, 2015, 04:13:19 PM
started a server and played around with the bots a bit, checked out a couple of the maps. Has a few game modes to choose from. I played hunt against the bots. In hunt once the first person kills their quarry the rest have 90 seconds to kill their quarry before the round ends and there are a number of rounds depending on how fast kills come. just because you kill first doesn't mean you will get the most money depending on your weapon of choice and the rank on the MFK table. Of course if you get arrested, you get fined, how much the fine is depends on how many weapons your carrying.You also have to sit in jail until your timer is up. You  have to buy food/beverages and you will get fined for going through crew area's so the game can swing quickly. If you get murdered your out until the next round starts.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1144.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo484%2Fronnie8691%2FScreen%2520Shot%252004-12-15%2520at%252001.55%2520PM_zpslww5c4vt.png&hash=972085b02a8e0caee319f5fb8ff081c0f8361d93)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Staggerwing on April 12, 2015, 04:57:17 PM
Just tried setting up a server m'self. Look for 'Head full o' Grog', pw is GH (in caps)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on April 12, 2015, 04:57:53 PM
I'll reinstall it tomorrow  O0
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on April 12, 2015, 06:30:01 PM
Me too!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 12, 2015, 06:59:29 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 12, 2015, 04:57:17 PM
Just tried setting up a server m'self. Look for 'Head full o' Grog', pw is GH (in caps)

i didn't see your server, still up?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Staggerwing on April 12, 2015, 08:09:54 PM
I had it up for a bit but no one joined. I'll set it up again and leave it running. I'll head over to the main dining hall and hang there but after a few minutes I'll probably be AFK. Try and log in as a test anyway and then feel free to pummel my oblivious avatar as he/she stands there all trance-like.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 12, 2015, 08:16:12 PM
I'd like to try it out, but I won't have time until Friday or Saturday night.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 12, 2015, 08:27:06 PM
I finally got the port forwarding working you should be able to see my server- grogs ship server  PW= grogs

staggerwing i dont see yours did you set up port forwarding? i didn't at first and it only showed up on the lan tab, not the internet tab.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Staggerwing on April 12, 2015, 08:32:40 PM
No, I'm not even sure how to go about doing that.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 12, 2015, 09:00:57 PM
here's what i used as a guide    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222749638
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Staggerwing on April 12, 2015, 09:05:17 PM
Thanks, I'll check that link out. I looked for your server but couldn't find it. I'll work on this again later this week.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 12, 2015, 09:22:17 PM
i was messing around with some settings, can't get it to work going through my range booster. Its showing up now. i just alt-tab out and refresh the server list to check if it works.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Pete Dero on April 13, 2015, 12:48:15 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2400/?snr=1_7_7_weeklongdeals_150_1

75% off for the entire week
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on April 13, 2015, 12:51:02 PM
I've now re-installed it. What's next? :)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 13, 2015, 01:05:04 PM
What's next is a GH-fueled free-for-all, no doubt.

When, that's the next question...
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 13, 2015, 07:29:38 PM
The deathmatch sounds interesting, have to avoid killing in front cameras and witnesses. When and who will host is the questions.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on April 13, 2015, 09:55:59 PM
I think we should try for Friday night.  It might be hard to find a mutually good time for everybody given I'm in Hawaii while we have other players in the UK.  So maybe pick something like 8pm east coast time which would be 2pm out here and around 11pm in the UK?  Maybe start a bit earlier and let it run for several hours so folks can drop in and out?  I can't host it because my ping out here is horrible.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on April 14, 2015, 05:23:48 AM
I should be around at that time on Friday.

.....I might even still be awake........
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 14, 2015, 06:50:24 AM
As long as you're not knocked out cold by a frying pan...
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on April 14, 2015, 06:53:22 AM
No, there is always an amnesty on Friday.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on April 14, 2015, 07:53:48 AM
If you can't make it deploy your mustache instead.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on April 14, 2015, 09:55:57 AM
Quote from: Gusington on April 14, 2015, 07:53:48 AM
If you can't make it deploy your mustache instead.

I think it already has a date on Friday night.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Philippe on April 14, 2015, 11:47:44 AM
Ok, I just bought it and have until Friday to learn how to play this thing.

What time Friday do we play, and how do we connect with each other?  I've never done a group anything on Steam before, and I don't use a microphone.

(And is this some kind of practice session for when Grogheads fields a squad in Verdun?)

Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on April 14, 2015, 02:53:19 PM
From your keyboard to the Lord's ear...I think I am the only one here who owns Verdun!
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Philippe on April 14, 2015, 03:21:11 PM
The only other one, you mean. 

I picked it up on sale a while back and have been waiting until it's gone through a few more growing pains before learning to play it. I suspect that will be a few months after release.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 14, 2015, 08:09:33 PM
I think anyone wanting to play Friday night should post here. If you're the first and can host, post the details in this thread, and anyone that can and wants to join in, should.  O0
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Gusington on April 14, 2015, 08:16:24 PM
Phillippe if you ever to begin playing Verdun send up a flare here...the servers have been very empty when I've checked.

I can jump on for The Ship on Friday night if other guys do. Last game we had a good crowd for was L4D2.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 14, 2015, 08:50:13 PM
I should be around [RL willing] around 7pm PST to pan kill someone. Whoever hosts has to port forward to get the server to show on the internet server tab.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Philippe on April 17, 2015, 11:48:54 AM
Have we fixed on a time to do this tonight (and are we even doing it)?

I just got the game so I haven't a clue as to how to go about meeting up.  Though that may be because I've only played the tutorial and some of the first person version.

You want me in the game because I'll be easy to kill.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on April 17, 2015, 12:15:00 PM
I'll see if I can get on this tonight, but it will be pretty late for the east coast/Europe players due to the time difference.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: bob48 on April 17, 2015, 12:18:30 PM
I'll be on until maybe 11.30 / 12.00pm UK time, so I'll keep checking to see if anything comes together.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 17, 2015, 05:55:54 PM
Anyone? Bueller?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Staggerwing on April 17, 2015, 06:09:25 PM
What time are you guys thinking? Someone still needs to be server and bring forward some Port... or was it Chianti... ?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on April 17, 2015, 07:11:35 PM
I've got a game server set up called "Grogheads Ship Server".

password is "torpedo"

I don't have any port forwarding setup, though. I don't see where to set that up within the game. Do I need to set it up in my router?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 17, 2015, 07:20:10 PM
let me check if your server shows up. yea you have to go to your router to set up port forwarding.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 17, 2015, 07:24:05 PM
its not showing up on the server internet tab, you have to port forward. the guide i used is a few posts back. I used the written part not the video. I'll set one up and see if you can join it. grog ship server, PW=grogs                              give me a few minutes
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 17, 2015, 07:34:37 PM
its up, at least it shows for me on the internet tab 10 person deathmatch, don't kill in front of witnesses or camera's . I didn't get a chance to look at the server settings instructions to know how to change maps mid game.

I set it to random maps, so it will switch.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on April 17, 2015, 07:53:35 PM
I can't see any servers because I'm getting a "Can't connect to master server" message on my internet tab. :(

I've set my router up for port forwarding, but I don't see my server up on the internet tab, either. Does anyone know what the IP address of the master server is?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 17, 2015, 08:00:53 PM
that doesn't work. main steam window, menu at top,under the view tab, servers, filter by game "the ship"

I don't see yours, mine shows.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on April 17, 2015, 08:12:35 PM
Sonofa...I'm in the main steam page and have filtered on "the ship" servers, but I don't see yours, budd. This is slightly annoying.  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 17, 2015, 08:13:34 PM
did you put your ip address in? I used single port forwarding, instead range. external port 27015, internal port 27015, both for protocol, then the last part of your ip address.


Do you see any servers?
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 17, 2015, 08:28:16 PM
you can try this to join my server.
Start the ship, go to join a cruise,click on favorites, add server, put this in 24.19.66.141:27015       

or you can try the server list    grog ship server  PW=grogs
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on April 17, 2015, 08:34:02 PM
Nope, no joy. I added your IP address to my "favorite" servers....and nothing. I also don't see your server in the Steam client.  :(
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 17, 2015, 08:37:02 PM
I did the same thing...added your IP to my Favorites, but it's not coming up.

As a matter of fact, I see no servers at all.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 17, 2015, 08:40:12 PM
try refreshing the list and scrolling it to find it. I have to refresh a few times sometime to see it. Anyone else get a server started? I'm going to make it public and see if others can join.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 17, 2015, 08:44:12 PM
I've hit Refresh about a thousand times and nothing is appearing.

I'll have to bail. My son is driving me batshit crazy because Steam isn't letting him log in on his laptop, so I have to go figure that nonsense out now.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 17, 2015, 09:07:24 PM
Well, the server seems fine when i look it up, no idea why you guys cant see it. Maybe someone more experienced in the server thing can put one up.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Philippe on April 17, 2015, 09:19:31 PM
Nothing when I tried it either.

Not even seeing a list, except when I go to Arcade, which I don't think is where I'm supposed to go.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 17, 2015, 09:33:06 PM
you have to use the main steam window to get the server list, under view, server, filter by game the ship. The in game server browser doesn't work. I can join a public server just fine, hopefully someone else will get a viewable server up sometime so i can pan kill a grog.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on April 17, 2015, 10:43:03 PM
I'm on.  Using the Steam page as Budd says is key (On the main Steam page, not the game page, go to the very top and under "view" etc. as Budd says above).

Don't see any Grog servers on at 1743 Hawaii time.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on April 18, 2015, 12:01:11 AM
Well Budd and I couldn't seem to get the private server thing sorted out, but we both joined on a public server for a bit and it was a pretty damn fun time I thought.  This game will shine with 5 or 10 of us all on at once. 

It seemed like there were several public servers without too many people on; maybe we should target one of those next Friday night...
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on April 18, 2015, 07:40:51 AM
I think my problem was that I was looking for budd's server on the game steam page, not the main steam page. Dangit.

Let's try to organize something for next Friday night for sure.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Bison on April 18, 2015, 07:57:29 AM
An option worth trying would to become friends on steam.   Once you do that it provides an option on both the server selection screen and your friends profile page to join a friend's game.  I'd think that would make your process a lot easier.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 18, 2015, 09:08:07 AM
yea it would be funner :) with known people, only thing about a public server is no choice of game modes or maps. Toonces is right there were plenty of empty server's. The friend thing might be better as Bison said. I Got my pot kill, right to the back of Toonces head...twice....of course he beat me to death with an umbrella a short time later ;D
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Philippe on April 18, 2015, 09:26:40 AM
Perhaps what we should do before next Friday is have a logging on rehearsal, because that seems to be the weak point.

And maybe when Friday rolls around, someone could post exactly what to do (and especially where to go) in big bold letters.

Some of us are only familiar with Steam to the extent that we play the games we own on it.  When it comes to Steam I only know what I absolutely think I need to know, and tend to ignore everything else.  I still don't know what badges are, or how to turn all those little things that drop into my account into game money. (They must be worth something, I've got far too many games).

Having electronic friends and collective social activities may be a bit of a mystery for the rest of us long-in-the-tooth dinosaurs.

I'm reminded of the excessively (but delightfully) detailed explanation of what to do that used to get posted for Dominion games.

There may also be things in people's Steam set-ups that limit the amount of group interaction.  I know that until now I've always refused to be 'friends' with anyone.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 18, 2015, 10:10:11 AM
there's got to be someone here who knows how to do the server setup thing. I have no idea why my server wasn't showing. I can throw up some screen shots of how to find servers and the process for joining. The easiest way i've found is not starting the game, but getting the server box up and running and finding a server and double click it and if its a viable server the game starts automatically and puts you in game.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on April 18, 2015, 10:56:37 AM
here's some pic's

main steam window, view then servers.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1144.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo484%2Fronnie8691%2FScreen%2520Shot%252004-18-15%2520at%252008.10%2520AM%2520001_zpsymt1wvvz.png&hash=cbf52bca7c374209a441e84aea8d6006815d415f)


This window pops up, hit change filter button on the bottom to the "the ship" , hit the refresh all button, i had to refresh twice before my server would show, you can see grogs ship server. the easiest way i' have found assuming the server you want shows up is too not start the game do the above first and double click on your server choice and the game starts automatically and takes you in game, if its a viable server. This is how i tested to see if my server shows up by alt tab out of game and open the server list once i started my server.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1144.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo484%2Fronnie8691%2FScreen%2520Shot%252004-18-15%2520at%252008.15%2520AM_zpst9cqfnik.png&hash=763c768b8d231ae76727a7d4b2637e28759ef1a8)

here is another way to join.Start the game, alt tab out of game and get the above server list up and refreshed.Highlight the server you want with a left click, then right click and this box pops up, go to view server details.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1144.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo484%2Fronnie8691%2FScreen%2520Shot%252004-18-15%2520at%252008.11%2520AM%2520001_zpslmkv6zzb.png&hash=896c8fc1052cd4fe188d20f1941118e61eae8260)

This box pops up, copy the IP address
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1144.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo484%2Fronnie8691%2FScreen%2520Shot%252004-18-15%2520at%252008.11%2520AM%2520002_zpsdwd8mruy.png&hash=a7d7e452fcbbbac06fda6bb1de2d3ce08de0c29a)

go back in game, click join a cruise
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1144.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo484%2Fronnie8691%2F2015-04-18_00001_zpsqge3qnbe.jpg&hash=caf520b039f769d4e116fb48e5ef1e709d471489)

Click add a server and put the copied IP address in and hit OK, it should be listed in the box, then you just highlight the server and connect.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1144.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo484%2Fronnie8691%2F2015-04-18_00002_zpsfsva6apv.jpg&hash=9e67321ef6ac8202722222a15500e8ad243b3c10)

this is all i know, hope it helps. I've found sometimes the IP i get from the list doesn't work all the time. and if its password protected when you hit connect a box will pop up for the password.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 18, 2015, 01:22:33 PM
Thanks, budd. Hopefully that should do the trick.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Toonces on April 18, 2015, 01:27:02 PM
Yeah, that was pretty fun Budd.  My damn wife was yapping in my ear, and I'm trying to play, and finally I look back at her and I say, "Is this going to be a long story?"  And she says, "Yeah, that's why I told you to pause your game!"

<Sigh>   ::)

So I had to go and dinner was ready besides. 

Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Bison on April 18, 2015, 01:34:00 PM
Quote from: Toonces on April 18, 2015, 01:27:02 PM
Yeah, that was pretty fun Budd.  My damn wife was yapping in my ear, and I'm trying to play, and finally I look back at her and I say, "Is this going to be a long story?"  And she says, "Yeah, that's why I told you to pause your game!"

<Sigh>   ::)

So I had to go and dinner was ready besides.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bik-lab.com%2FSmileys%2Fdefault%2Fwhip.gif&hash=572507dd709e00a3d9abf4e0d714b4c3812a9e58)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: Philippe on June 17, 2015, 09:23:52 AM
Are we ever going to try to organize a grogheads night of the Ship again?

It's currently on sale at Steam and I recently broke down and got a microphone for something else...
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: JasonPratt on June 18, 2015, 01:06:49 PM
I also picked it up on Steam, although I don't know where my mic is (I got one for a radio debate several years ago; I know it must still be around...)
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on February 25, 2016, 12:08:55 AM
Well looks whats coming back.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/383790
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: JasonPratt on February 25, 2016, 10:00:05 AM
Strictly speaking, I'd rather have a 7DtD team vs team (with more than one team perhaps) where a server is set up over the weekend with a new 'world' and the goal is to count zombies killed for a team by 6am (dawn) on Day X in game.

This would allow time for some limited base coop, finding team members despite random spawns, some pvp perhaps (the easiest way to kill-steal being to remove other zombie killers from the area).
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: -budd- on February 25, 2016, 10:37:29 AM
Thats sounds like fun also, i'm a zombie killing machine. Can i bring my 44. Of course running around a cruise ship beating the shit out of a grog with 9 iron sounds good too.
Title: Re: The Ship! Let's all get it!
Post by: JasonPratt on February 25, 2016, 09:04:58 PM
Admittedly so!

Note that the zombie-hunt multi-day game would have to start on a fresh server, so the only .44 you can bring would be one you find. Which you may be able to throw at the zeds unless you also find ammo. (I suppose if the game ran a real-life week you could amp up to rebuilding 44s and making ammo.)