I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Saints Row III was one of the best games I ever played. The campaign was epic! But more impressively was the fact that despite the high octane hi-jinks of the campaign, the game was also filled with a lot of heart (even if it was occasionally obscured by some of it frat house humor). I have been diligently avoiding IV because I have been trying to force myself to finish GTA IV first. Honestly, while GTA is also a solid game, I am not enjoying it nearly as much as I enjoyed SRIII. I miss my pals in the Third Street Saints.
Well, time's up for me. Free weekend on Steam, so sign me up!
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/158233/saints-row-free-weekend
Well, I think it is safe to say that I will be picking this up. The first four minutes were enough to hook me. As usual, this SR game has the great combination of humor (even to the point of poking fun at its own franchise as seen in the first minute of the following vid) along with some fantastic action sequences. Yes, this is why I loved SR3. :coolsmiley:
$8 for the GotY edition - sold!
In case you didn't see this in the sales thread you might be interested....
Not sure if anyone are saints row fans, gat out of hell comes out next week and seems like gametop has a a very low price of 4.99...release price is 19.99. No idea if was a pricing mistake. Grab while u can, if you like the series. You get steam code it appears.
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell/118076
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 17, 2015, 11:43:52 PM
In case you didn't see this in the sales thread you might be interested....
Not sure if anyone are saints row fans, gat out of hell comes out next week and seems like gametop has a a very low price of 4.99...release price is 19.99. No idea if was a pricing mistake. Grab while u can, if you like the series. You get steam code it appears.
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell/118076
Thanks for the heads up! Didn't see that! O0
GTA 5 was a welcome return to form, but I said for ages to anyone who cared to listen that SR3 was better than GTA4. GTA started forgetting to include the fun, whereas SR3 (and 4 I assume) is just enormously good fun and an absolute pleasure to play. I still have it installed on my Xbox to this day.
It's always interesting to see the differences of opinion when it comes to games. I absolutely despised everything about SR3. Honestly, if you were to ask me to come up with a worse game in the genre, I don't think I could. Playing the game made me physically angry to the point where I wanted to inflict physical harm on someone else.
I did enjoy playing GTA IV though which surprised me as I severely disliked all the previous iterations of the series.
Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 18, 2015, 02:50:24 AM
GTA 5 was a welcome return to form, but I said for ages to anyone who cared to listen that SR3 was better than GTA4. GTA started forgetting to include the fun, whereas SR3 (and 4 I assume) is just enormously good fun and an absolute pleasure to play. I still have it installed on my Xbox to this day.
I remember when SR3 GotY edition was on sale for like $10 and I asked around here for opinions. I think it was you who sold me on the game! :) And you were quite correct: SR3 was a totally unexpected pleasant surprise. O0
Quote from: Silent Disapproval RobotIt's always interesting to see the differences of opinion when it comes to games. I absolutely despised everything about SR3. Honestly, if you were to ask me to come up with a worse game in the genre, I don't think I could. Playing the game made me physically angry to the point where I wanted to inflict physical harm on someone else.
I did enjoy playing GTA IV though which surprised me as I severely disliked all the previous iterations of the series.
It is, isn't it? Frankly, I
expected to have your reaction to the game when I first tried it because all the promo vids were so bizarre and bawdy. But somehow that game managed to rise above the low humor and tell quite the enjoyable tale. I also credit the excellent voice acting; it is some of the best I have ever heard in a game.
I like GTA 4 too, but when it comes to violent games I always prefer something more fanciful or cartoonish. I guess this is why I prefer sci-fi games. I get uncomfortable when violent games get too close to real life. That's just me, though. :uglystupid2:
I preferred 3 to 4. I wasn't really feeling the "you're in the Matrix" game story. And like you, I missed my bitches.
Still a fun game - but not like SR3
I'm surprised to see I've only got 3 hours on it - I thought I had played it much longer than that. And only 26 hours on SR3?? :uglystupid2:
I sometimes think there's something wrong with Steam's time tracking