GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MengJiao on January 16, 2015, 12:56:53 PM

Title: DCS: Mig15bis coming in February
Post by: MengJiao on January 16, 2015, 12:56:53 PM


http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/mig15bis/

Unfortunately, this is the sort of thing I cannot stop myself from buying.
Title: Re: DCS: Mig15bis coming in February
Post by: Nefaro on January 16, 2015, 03:23:03 PM
While interesting, the Korean air war has never been one of my favorites to sim. 

The MiG-15 was butt ugly.  NATO should've nicknamed it the MiG-15 "Butterface" instead of "Fagot", but my suggestion didn't start with an 'F' for the fighter designation.  It's amazing how much better-looking and more streamlined they were almost a decade later with the MiG-21.  Those early post-war jets were all pretty fugly and remind me of the awkward lurches into aircraft aerodynamic design they were contending with at the time.   Yeah.. awkward is a good term for it.  >:D
Title: Re: DCS: Mig15bis coming in February
Post by: MengJiao on January 16, 2015, 03:29:24 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 16, 2015, 03:23:03 PM
While interesting, the Korean air war has never been one of my favorites to sim. 

The MiG-15 was butt ugly.  NATO should've nicknamed it the MiG-15 "Butterface" instead of "Fagot", but my suggestion didn't start with an 'F' for the fighter designation.  It's amazing how much better-looking and more streamlined they were almost a decade later with the MiG-21.  Those early post-war jets were all pretty fugly and remind me of the awkward lurches into aircraft aerodynamic design they were contending with at the time.   Yeah.. awkward is a good term for it.  >:D

  It's funny, but I love the ugly early jets.  I'd love to see some of the really weird ones (the Marine nightfighter for example) done in DCS.

 
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/F3D-2_VMFN-513_Kunsan_radar2_1953.jpg

Nice radar getting fixed up.  and there's a jet too!
Title: Re: DCS: Mig15bis coming in February
Post by: MengJiao on January 16, 2015, 03:37:07 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 16, 2015, 03:29:24 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 16, 2015, 03:23:03 PM
While interesting, the Korean air war has never been one of my favorites to sim. 

The MiG-15 was butt ugly.  NATO should've nicknamed it the MiG-15 "Butterface" instead of "Fagot", but my suggestion didn't start with an 'F' for the fighter designation.  It's amazing how much better-looking and more streamlined they were almost a decade later with the MiG-21.  Those early post-war jets were all pretty fugly and remind me of the awkward lurches into aircraft aerodynamic design they were contending with at the time.   Yeah.. awkward is a good term for it.  >:D

  It's funny, but I love the ugly early jets.  I'd love to see some of the really weird ones (the Marine nightfighter for example) done in DCS.

 
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/F3D-2_VMFN-513_Kunsan_radar2_1953.jpg

Nice radar getting fixed up.  and there's a jet too!

  Mig15 real-life engine start (I think its at Kirtland AF -- when I was a kid, there used to be an open house there and you could get into jet cockpits there -- actually its Santa Fe Municipal AF?) farther down in this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136518

Title: Re: DCS: Mig15bis coming in February
Post by: republic on January 16, 2015, 04:12:03 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 16, 2015, 03:29:24 PM
It's funny, but I love the ugly early jets.  I'd love to see some of the really weird ones (the Marine nightfighter for example) done in DCS.

I do too!  A lot of the early ones have never been simulated.  I'd like to fly a Panther or straight winged F-84 or Sea Vixen...any number of the old jets.  I'll definitely be buying the Mig-19.  It'll be interesting if someone would make a long running multiplayer campaign where you could start with the 19 then progress to the 21 and finally the 29.  Course there are no allied flyable counterparts for the 19 yet...  Wouldn't an F4 Phantom be awesome?
Title: Re: DCS: Mig15bis coming in February
Post by: jomni on January 16, 2015, 06:24:41 PM
Quote from: republic on January 16, 2015, 04:12:03 PM
I do too!  A lot of the early ones have never been simulated.  I'd like to fly a Panther or straight winged F-84 or Sea Vixen...any number of the old jets.  I'll definitely be buying the Mig-19.  It'll be interesting if someone would make a long running multiplayer campaign where you could start with the 19 then progress to the 21 and finally the 29.  Course there are no allied flyable counterparts for the 19 yet...  Wouldn't an F4 Phantom be awesome?

Strike Fighters 2 and the Korean War mod?