GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: bbmike on January 23, 2015, 05:55:44 PM

Title: Star Wars Rebellion Mods
Post by: bbmike on January 23, 2015, 05:55:44 PM
Are they any mods for Star Wars Rebellion that are recommended? And if so where can they be found?
I found some references to this site: http://swrebellion.com/ (http://swrebellion.com/) but all I get is this message when I try to access it: You have attempted to access this site with an invalid IP.  :(
Title: Re: Star Wars Rebellion Mods
Post by: Nefaro on January 23, 2015, 07:17:32 PM
Dunno.  I never used any.
Title: Re: Star Wars Rebellion Mods
Post by: Ian C on January 24, 2015, 05:52:36 AM
The Reb Ed Editor is well worth a look, even just for the ability to view unit & character stats. It's pretty easy, even for a novice to add custom 'cards' of new characters, units, ships etc.

http://swrebellion.com/contentid-4.html
Title: Re: Star Wars Rebellion Mods
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 24, 2015, 07:56:11 AM
Thinking of picking up this game today but still not sure if I fully understand how it plays.  Looked at many videos but still a little foggy.  I know its only $5.99 so should just give it a go since I am a Star Wars nut, but I have enough shelfware already:)
Title: Re: Star Wars Rebellion Mods
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 24, 2015, 08:47:48 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 23, 2015, 05:55:44 PM
Are they any mods for Star Wars Rebellion that are recommended? And if so where can they be found?
I found some references to this site: http://swrebellion.com/ (http://swrebellion.com/) but all I get is this message when I try to access it: You have attempted to access this site with an invalid IP.  :(

I was able to access the site with Chrome, but had issues with IE and FireFox...might want to give that a try.  There are a number of mods on the site, but I can't really tell what they really do and whether they are any good and since I don't own the game yet, can't try them out:)
Title: Re: Star Wars Rebellion Mods
Post by: bbmike on January 24, 2015, 09:06:21 AM
Thanks guys. I wasn't able to access the site from any computer I had.  :o I figured it must have been something with my service provider, tried my cellphone hotspot and it worked! I've never had that issue before.  ???
Title: Re: Star Wars Rebellion Mods
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 24, 2015, 10:32:07 AM
GR, see if you can access this:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B85rMVu-tflSOWZlQ2RqTkdLWEU&usp=sharing

It's a 'field manual' with a lot of SW:R basics in it. The game is very easy to comprehend and there's lots of in-game help if you want to dive in. If you do get it, start an Easy difficulty game in a small galaxy. There's a lot to it but it's easily managed and once you get the hang of it you can go to larger galaxy sizes and higher difficulty if you wish. Though that will mean MUCH longer games. :)

Note - ignore the first few pages and jump to 3, Game Concepts.
Title: Re: Star Wars Rebellion Mods
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 24, 2015, 10:53:58 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 24, 2015, 10:32:07 AM
GR, see if you can access this:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B85rMVu-tflSOWZlQ2RqTkdLWEU&usp=sharing

It's a 'field manual' with a lot of SW:R basics in it. The game is very easy to comprehend and there's lots of in-game help if you want to dive in. If you do get it, start an Easy difficulty game in a small galaxy. There's a lot to it but it's easily managed and once you get the hang of it you can go to larger galaxy sizes and higher difficulty if you wish. Though that will mean MUCH longer games. :)

Note - ignore the first few pages and jump to 3, Game Concepts.

Thank you very much, might be what I need to get over the hump.....everything downloaded fine so will look at that today.
Title: Re: Star Wars Rebellion Mods
Post by: bbmike on January 24, 2015, 11:00:56 AM
+1, that's a very useful document. Thanks Banzai!