GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: RooksBailey on January 24, 2015, 04:03:36 PM

Title: Scourge of War: Manassas Mod Released
Post by: RooksBailey on January 24, 2015, 04:03:36 PM
Just saw this on Facebook:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifications/65298-manassas-map-released

QuoteName: Manassas
Author: Mark S. Tewes

This map covers both the 1st and 2nd Manassas battle areas. It also includes OOBs for both battles.

Note: These screenshots were taken using the GCM Terrain mod. It is recomended that this mod is enabled along with the map. You can download it here: www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifications/54639-gcm-terrain-mod#54639

IMPORTANT: This map requires The Anniversary edition, or Chancellorsville and Antietam to work correctly. The map will still run fine without it, but you will get an error on load and you will be missing some buildings.

Can't wait to give it a try!
Title: Re: Scourge of War: Manassas Mod Released
Post by: Nefaro on January 24, 2015, 05:18:31 PM
Awesome.  The whole of both?!
Title: Re: Scourge of War: Manassas Mod Released
Post by: panzerde on January 24, 2015, 06:38:19 PM
This is just what I was wishing for about two weeks ago when I was reading about 1st Manassas. Off to grab this right away!

Title: Re: Scourge of War: Manassas Mod Released
Post by: sandman2575 on January 24, 2015, 07:32:48 PM
I'm kicking myself for not buying the SoW 150th anniversary edition when it was on sale a while back...
Title: Re: Scourge of War: Manassas Mod Released
Post by: Nefaro on January 24, 2015, 11:13:30 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on January 24, 2015, 07:32:48 PM
I'm kicking myself for not buying the SoW 150th anniversary edition when it was on sale a while back...

I plan on getting back into some Co-Op before the Waterloo version shows up.  Doing some 2nd Manassas in the SOW version would be wonderful.
Title: Re: Scourge of War: Manassas Mod Released
Post by: JasonPratt on January 25, 2015, 01:18:00 PM
Considering the history of this game, I'm a bit surprised (or maybe not surprised?) this hasn't been done already.
Title: Re: Scourge of War: Manassas Mod Released
Post by: sandman2575 on January 25, 2015, 01:57:26 PM
I'm increasingly looking forward to SoW Waterloo, esp. since it's really starting to look like Histwar Napoleon is never going to come together as originally envisioned. Never took the plunge on HWLG as HW Napoleon looked like it was going to be such an improvement, but I'm not going to hold my breath at this point, since Waterloo looks like it's going to actually deliver the goods...