The RHS mod was made for those of you who were turned off by the near future setting of ARMA 3. It adds a lot of 80s, 90s and 2000 era equipment from the US Army, Marines and Air Force, as well as a bunch of different Russian services. The models, both exterior and interior are outstanding! It also adds tons of weapons, attachments, uniforms, etc. It also comes with a handful of missions and a bunch of users have already made some SP, co-op and MP scenarios using the mod. Very cool stuff.
One of the stock missions. 1stCav Air Assault on a Russian Occupied town
(https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10855044_10200466432539532_3769636535738514414_o.jpg)
Blackhawks landing at the LZ
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10887149_10200466433539557_7240559234473123207_o.jpg)
Troops delivered
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10365323_10200466432899541_3841766070964853439_o.jpg)
Thanks for the ride
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/906626_10200466432939542_7198169291640575172_o.jpg)
Apache Air Support
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10866151_10200466432699536_5596111320451755811_o.jpg)
BTR70 on fire
(https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10931703_10200466432859540_8977764033565722699_o.jpg)
SAW gunner getting some
(https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10922407_10200466433419554_7548586341675434156_o.jpg)
The dog didn't make it. I'm certain the Russians took him out.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10934138_10200466433259550_6969275263612878877_o.jpg)
M2A3, Desert
(https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10943730_10200466432619534_6236166534422269910_o.jpg)
M1A2SEP
(https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t31.0-8/10930130_10200466433699561_5310542877919860654_o.jpg)
King Cobra
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10924206_10200466433859565_8495227649010847554_o.jpg)
Another view
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10924162_10200466434019569_2892664625080202881_o.jpg)
USMC Fuck Truck
(https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10872882_10200466434419579_2850393217427712039_o.jpg)
Marines
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10842265_10200466435419604_1018994705674112226_o.jpg)
CH47
(https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10865757_10200466434739587_7776060805288515627_o.jpg)
Unbuttoned
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10860985_10200466434099571_4623631052444823842_o.jpg)
Where to?
(https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/1978409_10200466435899616_1692846858521701691_o.jpg)
Showing some of the many Russian services
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/1498778_10200466434939592_4408104162700663223_o.jpg)
MI24v pilot's office
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10481860_10200466434539582_3753114556435498968_o.jpg)
Cleared for takeoff
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10835384_10200466435379603_309574132707095366_o.jpg)
BTR80
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10952124_10200466435179598_8533821599704085394_o.jpg)
Another view
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/10917229_10200466435299601_869913791075833551_o.jpg)
Air cover
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10923819_10200466435739612_8909559245094010648_o.jpg)
Superb interiors
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10838198_10200466436219624_850788263094075288_o.jpg)
Great stuff
(https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/10860865_10200466436619634_8748179401045439241_o.jpg)
The crew
(https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10926835_10200466436459630_4740987894347649888_o.jpg)
BTR70
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10450317_10200466436499631_2085455394345063554_o.jpg)
T72B
(https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10849016_10200466436859640_4539546929102327080_o.jpg)
Aging, but still deadly
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10712680_10200466436899641_8956010241749397086_o.jpg)
BMP1
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10952247_10200466437379653_3837868833468091300_o.jpg)
Inside a BTR70
(https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10828000_10200466437059645_4152789674813050161_o.jpg)
I'm impressed
(https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/10923661_10200466437459655_7842201987091845106_o.jpg)
Very impressed...
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/10845676_10200466437499656_4269786739378179042_o.jpg)
Lots of gear
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10835280_10200466437859665_2213830521539700283_o.jpg)
Combined arms
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10827910_10200466438099671_3328672553588001347_o.jpg)
Playing in the virtual arsenal
(https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10923278_10200466438019669_6240614588334766081_o.jpg)
Build your own soldier...check out all the guns!
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10923785_10200466438339677_363841585206016641_o.jpg)
Try it out
(https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/1939665_10200466438379678_8276955848160340471_o.jpg)
Is there really that much of a lack of interest in ARMA around here? What's wrong with you people?
It took me this long to scroll through the screenshots! Does look interesting though
Funny enough I had just watched an ARMA3 video by Dyslexi over on SimHQ right before I clicked on this thread. I bought ARMA3 when it was in early access and I'll be I don't have 1 hour in game yet. I don't know why that is...it looks fantastic.
Stoked to look into this mod. I'm certainly more of a fan of real-world gear than future stuff.
The game is awesome in my opinion. It has its problems and limitations, but there is nothing that comes even close to what it accomplishes. I think ARMA 3 fixed a lot of the problems with ARMA 2, and it just feels like a much more fluid, polished experience. The modding community is thriving. Its a great time to jump in. Let me know if you ever want to try MP, Toonces.
I've got 43 hours with ARMA 3...most of those hours are from just piddling around, exploring and trying different things to test the system. It really never gets old.
Is this mod on Steam Workshop? It looks absolutely gorgeous!
Trey
I don't think so... I got it from Armaholics here:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27152 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27152)
Is ARMA 3 really only multiplayer or is single player really an option?
In other words is single player just practice until you go online?
Quote from: magnus on January 25, 2015, 06:44:21 PM
Is ARMA 3 really only multiplayer or is single player really an option?
In other words is single player just practice until you go online?
Not at all! I love the single player component. A very decent campaign and tons of single player missions, some of which are dynamic.
We've been using a lot of the RHS content in our MP sessions at SimHQ. Some nice additions there. We don't get a chance to play with the vehicles and aircraft much though as our mission designers say they are problematic when it comes to balancing issues.
Yeah. Not sure what that is about, but I did get a pop-up in game to disable an extended armor feature in the game config options, otherwise, some of the vehicles are practically invulnerable.
Some of the dynamic mission stuff I've read about is really neat.
A while back, like months ago, I downloaded a mission where you were basically the leader of a SEAL squad tasked with infiltrating from the water and doing a beach recon. The mission was dynamically created each time with respect to time of day, weather, number of adversaries, etc.
Looks good. But these days, I'm too lazy to download stuff from outside Steam workshop.
I have lots of fun in ARMA3. so many ways to play the game. solo, multiplayer (so many game modes), co-op, pvp, story mission, dynamic mission, missions written by planned assault, my own missions in the editor.
MOD looks great, you can use the six updater to keep all mods up to date. Really saves me time playing all the free content there with custom mod setups.
Thanks JH. Redownloading ArmA 3 tonight. I like ArmA 3, but the near future setting just didn't grab me.
Thanks JH, i have to show ARMA3 some love ....i don't remember why i stopped explore/playing it much (maybe performance issue on my old rig when using helicopters) and so many games, so many RL distractions, (and the future setting also worth mention)
well, this mod looks interesting O0