GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 11:00:22 PM

Title: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 11:00:22 PM
I know some folks were discussing the aircraft traffic controller game Air Traffic Controller 3 in the screenshots thread so thought some might be interested in this new game coming out since ATC3 is no longer produced and finding an existing copy could cost you $100+.  This appears to be a new aircraft traffic controller game with 3D graphics and an affordable price of $40 (at least the pre order price).  Looks like it could certainly be complicated, but if your into this stuff, might be worth a shot.  It comes out on February 14, 2015 and has me thinking about a possible purchase.

Web site
http://www.towercab.com/

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2FTC_PROMO_SHOT.png&hash=e7e2344f7ca342fe96bfeb2724ddf7489abf87c9)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2Fpromo1.png&hash=be35e6f48c80cf6d87e25e03e43ce9f3a4c81b38)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2Fpreview1.png&hash=540c0aa54c9610e334b871cf2bf821d8c58cdb5c)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2Fpromo2.png&hash=a5eb2ba64143381af5e3dc7446be5c17e8064f83)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2Fpreview2.png&hash=e387bc4776b8c60a7bcba6bf77b93ba64b623468)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2Fdispatcherscreen.png&hash=afb9e414091d7d461094690f4eb9ecb5e6ad5eaf)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2Fpbinterface.png&hash=cb9368dd7c816b2a7cd8f9a7325a2da821cd6f2b)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2Fatcs3_dusk.png&hash=1571d19bce70b9c019648508336a81473ba154f1)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2Fimages%2Fallaircraft.png&hash=03c126b236f5fb3d2a8be678c62d6b3340a8b900)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2Fimages%2FGAMESHOT.png&hash=fb24805d6126ca9561075694608214cd98b32109)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.towercab.com%2Fimages%2Facsample.png&hash=a75cdb50ea5d46e1b1b940298d74567fb07715d2)

TOWERCAB™ PROGRAM FEATURES

POSITIONS IN THE TOWER CAB
• LOCAL CONTROL
• GROUND CONTROL
• FLIGHT DATA (simulated)

*MULTIPLAYER (3rd QTR 2015)
• Connects to ATCsimulator-HD

HARDWARE
• Standard Windows PC

GRAPHICS
• FULLY 3D AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL ENVIRONMENT
PHOTOREALISITC AIRPORT LAYOUT
PHOTOREALISTIC AIRPORT BUILDINGS
AIRPORT LIGHTING
AIRPORT VEHICLES
AIRPORT Foilage
• AIRCRAFT
Real world airline liveries
GA aircraft local to the area
• Living/breathing world
• Realtime weather (Snow,Rain,ICE,Fog)

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
• Animated aircraft
• Airport vehicles
• Airport equipment


TOWER CAB DISPLAYS
• DBRITE DISPLAY
• ASDE-X DISPLAY
• TIMECLOCK/ALTIMETER
• WIND SPEED/HEADING INDICATOR
• ARRIVAL STRIP BAY
• DEPARTURE STRIP BAY
• ACTIVE FREQUENCY INDICATOR
• PILOT/CONTROLLER DIALOG WINDOW

MISC GAME FEATURES
• CAMERA ZOOM IN/OUT
• AUTOMATIC TRACKING
• SPEECH RECOGNITION (see below)
• FLIGHT STRIP PRINTING *
• GO AROUNDS will be implemented
• TOUCH AND GO'S supported
• Taxi instructions supported
• Emergency Declarations
• Runway closures *
• Full precorded communication by pilots
• Audio
- Environmental
- Spoken
• Flight schedules local to the area
(FLIGHT EXPLORER)

*Speech recognition will be provided as a freeware addon and will not be included with the cost of your order. Speech recognition is a free technology distributed by Microsoft Corporation and Russell B. Davis has no involvement in its development or distribution. Speech recognition is considered secondary to standard interface control of mouse and keyboard.

FAA 7110.6X CLEARANCE
*AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL COMMAND SCRIPT
• VFR/IFR Arrival Procedures • VFR/IFR LANDING PROCEDURES • TAXI INSTRUCTION • CLOSED TRAFFIC
• SPACING AND SEQUENCING PROCEDURES • SAME RUNWAY SEPERATION PROCEDURES • INTERSECTING RUNWAY SEPERATION PROCEDURES • SIMULTANEOUS OPERATIONS • LAND AND HOLD SHORT OPERATIONS • RADAR DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL SEPERATION PROCEDURES • NON-RADAR DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL SEPERATION PROCEDURES • VISUAL SEPERATION PROCEDURES • V-F-R ON TOP PROCEDURES • SPECIAL VFR (SVFR) • SPECIAL OPERATIONS • BRAKING ACTION Advisories • WAKE TURBULANCE • EMERGENCY PROCEDURES LOW FUEL, AIRCRAFT ON FIRE, HIJACKING,
ADVERSE WEATHER, BOMB THREAT, VOLCANIC ASH, BIRD STRIKE, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, FAULTY LANDING GEAR
OVERDUE AIRCRAFT/LOST
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: jomni on January 31, 2015, 11:34:06 PM
Looks nice.  Maybe more realistic than that Japanese game I play.
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: Thomasew on January 31, 2015, 11:54:29 PM
Hi Grim,

Thanks for the Heads up .. I love a good ATC simulation .. :)

I've pre-ordered .. :)


Cheers
Tom
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 11:55:59 PM
Quote from: Thomasew on January 31, 2015, 11:54:29 PM
Hi Grim,

Thanks for the Heads up .. I love a good ATC simulation .. :)

I've pre-ordered .. :)


Cheers
Tom

Do you own any others?  Never played them before so I am curious how fun they could be.
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: Thomasew on February 01, 2015, 12:07:16 AM
Hi Grim,


I currently play .. London Control, .. Tower 2011, .. Tracon 2012, .. and Global ATC, plus a couple of simpler ones from Bajasim (ATC4Real) on my PC.

Also have a few that run on my iPad and/or Android Tablet.

I've had a few others thru the years, .. with the earliest being TRACON and RAPCON by Wesson International. Both were DOS based, .. RAPCON was for Air Force/Naval ATC.

Tracon was later re-released for Windows.

Great Fun, .. and intense at times. Some of them can get quite hectic, .. the sky can get busy real quick!!


Cheers
Tom
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 01, 2015, 06:26:32 AM
Thanks for the additional information, I'll certainly be keeping an eye out myself for this new one.  Might be something a little different for me to try.
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 01, 2015, 06:51:55 AM
Noticed they have a facebook page with more screens and videos of gameplay.  Looking at the videos, graphics may not be that great (unless just bad video) compared to other sims, but guessing this type of game is more about the simulation part anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/TowerCab

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=829020903820709&video_source=pages_finch_main_video
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=747767335279400&video_source=pages_finch_thumbnail_video
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=747752011947599&video_source=pages_finch_thumbnail_video
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: jomni on February 14, 2015, 12:41:28 AM
Towercab is releasing in a few hours.
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 14, 2015, 03:29:38 AM
I will be interested in feedback from those people who ended up ordering.  Still not sure if this is my type of game yet, unsure if a fun factor exists.

By the way, does anyone know of any public forums where this game series/company is discussed?  From what I could tell from the product pages, seems like there is a private forum for people who actually purchase the game, but couldn't find anywhere where the public could discuss it without purchasing, unless I just missed it.  Seems like an odd decision by the company not to have a public forum where more interest in their game could be created.
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: vyshka on February 14, 2015, 01:06:58 PM
He really should take the time to put this on Steam. Considering how difficult it was to get ATC2 moved to another pc in the past and if you lose the installer you get to pay a fee to download it again, I'm very hesitant to buy this from him.
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: jomni on February 14, 2015, 06:14:37 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 14, 2015, 03:29:38 AM
I will be interested in feedback from those people who ended up ordering.  Still not sure if this is my type of game yet, unsure if a fun factor exists.

I'm not touching this as well (maybe).  Graphics and sound pales in comparison with the Japanese Game ATC3.  Only thing going of or this is probably more realism and sandox nature (ATC3 uses canned missions).
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2015, 07:17:27 PM
I watched a few minutes of gameplay on youtube and it almost put me to sleep. Total borefest. Zzz...zzz...
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: jomni on February 16, 2015, 07:20:23 PM
For those who follow them on Facebook,  looks like it's a buggy release.
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 16, 2015, 07:34:58 PM
Certainly looks like a rocky start.....seems like a one person show, so guessing that goes with the territory......although at first I thought it might be cool to play something like this, might be just a little too real of a job for me.  Going to pass for now.
Title: Re: ATCsimulator-3D (Air traffic controller simulation)
Post by: bbmike on February 16, 2015, 10:46:47 PM
DBRITE? I installed a lot of those in the early 90's. I don't think we use them any more.