Apparently a couple of nut jobs decided that it would be "fun" to stage a Columbine-style massacre in a Halifax mall on Valentine's Day. Fortunately, the plot was foiled yesterday by police.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/randall-steven-shepherd-lindsay-kantha-souvannarath-charged-in-halifax-shooting-plot-1.2957685 (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/randall-steven-shepherd-lindsay-kantha-souvannarath-charged-in-halifax-shooting-plot-1.2957685)
I just read about that today. Sheesh :o
I'm glad they caught them before they could act.
^+1
Were they previously known to be psychotic?
Quote from: Boggit on February 15, 2015, 02:48:04 AM
Were they previously known to be psychotic?
Neighbors and friends apparently had no idea what craziness was going on in their heads. I expect more will come out when the appear in court on Tuesday.
One of the three committed suicide before he could be apprehended. His blog posts definitely indicated that he was disturbed and may have tipped off authorities to the plot.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/james-gamble-identified-as-dead-teen-linked-to-alleged-halifax-shooting-plot-1.2958030 (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/james-gamble-identified-as-dead-teen-linked-to-alleged-halifax-shooting-plot-1.2958030)
Truly scary. And I always regarded Canada as the laid back, least dangerous part of the Americas.... :(
Quote from: Boggit on February 15, 2015, 01:42:56 PM
Truly scary. And I always regarded Canada as the laid back, least dangerous part of the Americas.... :(
Well, to be fair- one of the conspirators (the older female one)
is from the State of Illinois, in the USA.
Really off-putting business to happen here.
Went to the mall Saturday morning, despite the danger, and there was a significant police presence... which as good to see. People were thanking them, which was also good to see.
It was bizarre to note that the young woman from Illinois, who appears to be Asian-American, liked to draw Nazi White-Supremacist images. :idiot2:
I really doubt any of these individuals will ever be productive members of society - capital punishment would be a great option in these types of cases.