out at last - downloading now - even if its one game its only £3 8)
Thanks, def buy waiting for long time for this one on pc
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 03:53:13 AM
out at last - downloading now - even if its one game its only £3 8)
Yep, Steam FX rates at work again...€7 on the continent. The Euro really is weak evidently....
I have been fancying this awhile - I have a problem on the Xbox360 in that when I selected English as a language as a setup, it also set the machine permanently as a UK machine...so I cannot buy MS Points etc in order to buy this game (or a lot of other stuff...saved me $$$!) as all my credit cards have Dutch billing addresses. How I love companies trying to restrict /gouge me by country...M$ or Steam.
That said, there seem to be some issues with this over at the Signal site - some driver (?) related graphics issues, but most of all this apparenly has only 3 resolutions available, not including 1920*1080. So I think I'll hold off on this.
[Edit - apparently it does have 1920*1080, just some people cannot see it...]
[Edit 2 - impressive minimum requirements - per Steam the minimum graphics card requirement is 1GB, recommended 2GB...Skyrim has minimum 512MB]
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 03:53:13 AM
out at last - downloading now - even if its one game its only £3 8)
Link please?
Quote from: Tpek on April 28, 2012, 05:47:06 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 03:53:13 AM
out at last - downloading now - even if its one game its only £3 8)
Link please?
get yer ass to steam my man - no linky
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 06:40:25 AM
Quote from: Tpek on April 28, 2012, 05:47:06 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 03:53:13 AM
out at last - downloading now - even if its one game its only £3 8)
Link please?
get yer ass to steam my man - no linky
I did, my woman, and no game.
No mention of it.
Search yields a map DLC for some silly game.
So linky link
Would love to hear some feedback. Fun?
Quote from: Tpek on April 28, 2012, 06:41:44 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 06:40:25 AM
Quote from: Tpek on April 28, 2012, 05:47:06 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 03:53:13 AM
out at last - downloading now - even if its one game its only £3 8)
Link please?
get yer ass to steam my man - no linky
I did, my woman, and no game.
No mention of it.
Search yields a map DLC for some silly game.
So linky link
lmao - try this - http://store.steampowered.com/app/98300/
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 28, 2012, 06:46:46 AM
Would love to hear some feedback. Fun?
ill have a few goes and let you know - for now ive clicked play game - expected a tutorial and just got thrown into game one expecting to be given forces to lay out - hell no, click on action pads and choose the weapons to mount on those pads - great big ass vickers MGs or mortars for turn 1 - ill be back with better feedback later
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 06:49:25 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 28, 2012, 06:46:46 AM
Would love to hear some feedback. Fun?
ill have a few goes and let you know - for now ive clicked play game - expected a tutorial and just got thrown into game one expecting to be given forces to lay out - hell no, click on action pads and choose the weapons to mount on those pads - great big ass vickers MGs or mortars for turn 1 - ill be back with better feedback later
Thanks..I couldn't find out much info on how it played and what exactly you do in the game so any info will be helpful. Is there a lot of missions/campaigns?
I have this for xbox. Great little tower defence game. Lots for WWI toy soldier flavour.
I found the difficulty ramps up pretty quick after about the 4th or 5th mission.
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 06:47:43 AM
Quote from: Tpek on April 28, 2012, 06:41:44 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 06:40:25 AM
Quote from: Tpek on April 28, 2012, 05:47:06 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 03:53:13 AM
out at last - downloading now - even if its one game its only £3 8)
Link please?
get yer ass to steam my man - no linky
I did, my woman, and no game.
No mention of it.
Search yields a map DLC for some silly game.
So linky link
lmao - try this - http://store.steampowered.com/app/98300/
This item is currently unavailable in your regionThis explains it.
I guess this is another one of those releases only for Americans and Europeans :P
i saw a head-up about TS over at WG this morn and it became an immediate impulsive buy for 6€ something ;)
(anybody knows how to set up the Full HD 1080 resolution? )
it feels unique ... played two levels so far ... i expect a nice tower defence games ... just for stress releave
PS
Warning: it forces that Game for Widows Life crap (i had GFWL already anyway cause of DOW II Chaos ... so no problem for me)
cool little tower defense game - the aim being to stop the enemy toys getting into your toy box (youre allowed 20 in before you lose), across the top is a roladex of the next wave youre facing so you know whether its armour, massed infantry or a boss - there are preset platforms to place your defenses on, at infantry choke points its best to place chemical cannons (gas), or vickers MG (these can be upgraded to flamethrowers and anti infantry and tank cannons), and then at the back on the bigger platforms go your artillery (kills everything), mortars (kill armour) or AAA (kill errr aircraft) all of which can also be upgraded - worth mentioning at any point you can man any of these guns and do it yourself ( the mortars invariably fire 1 shell per salvo but if you go in you can fire 3 per salvo) - lots of little mini games - you get to fly sopwith camels and dogfight with the AI leaving your emplacements on the ground to do the hard work, bomb railway lines.
Im on level 6 so far, the first 2 were easy but the 1st boss on level 3 teaches you all about upgrading artillery and making sure you man a gun towards the end.
Not brilliant, not award winning just a waste of an hour for £3 - bargain
WWI eh?
Quote from: Gusington on April 28, 2012, 08:35:55 PM
WWI eh?
indeed it is, period sound, period music and on the edges of the games screen you can see where its supposed to be laid out on someones carpet or table - its very nicely done
my only weird gripe is windows live and consequently the game have decided im not undercovergeek and it really seems like im using someones profile called 'fallback4' - its not the end of the world just cant figure out how its happened - shrug, i say shrug, right up until whoever fallback4 is gets my credit card details for the purchase and goes on a mad spending spree
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 09:23:00 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 28, 2012, 08:35:55 PM
WWI eh?
indeed it is, period sound, period music and on the edges of the games screen you can see where its supposed to be laid out on someones carpet or table - its very nicely done
my only weird gripe is windows live and consequently the game have decided im not undercovergeek and it really seems like im using someones profile called 'fallback4' - its not the end of the world just cant figure out how its happened - shrug, i say shrug, right up until whoever fallback4 is gets my credit card details for the purchase and goes on a mad spending spree
I bought it myself and was quite annoyed to discover that I had to create a Windows Live account. As far as the profile, it seems to assign you a random profile name, but you can go into your account and modify it to your liking.
I bought it after seeing it recommended over on the QT3 forums and by Tom Chick.
I watched a 20 minute Youtube lets play video before deciding to buy as I'm not so keen on most tower defence games. The ability to duck into your various emplacements and units, and the fact I can play this as a 'lean back' game using my X360 controller (I don't have an Xbox, just a controller) sealed the deal.
Quote from: Steelgrave on April 28, 2012, 10:03:19 PM
I bought it myself and was quite annoyed to discover that I had to create a Windows Live account. As far as the profile, it seems to assign you a random profile name, but you can go into your account and modify it to your liking.
Oh god, not Games for Windows Live? Terribad. I consider it malware.
I bought it last night. The only thing I am not crazy about is the giant toy robots and such...but for 7.50 I can't complain about it.
GFWL sukcs.
Here's how to create a local, offline account so you don't have to deal with their crap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulVRWweWbp0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulVRWweWbp0)
I was going to pull the plug but then I read that you can't remap the keys. I effing HATE that! I just got burned on Walking Dead over the same thing. No sale.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 29, 2012, 06:30:38 PM
I was going to pull the plug but then I read that you can't remap the keys. I effing HATE that! I just got burned on Walking Dead over the same thing. No sale.
Would you use keys though? I'm using an X360 controller, and this works great. I've tried it with mouse + keyboard, but find the X360 controls simple and effective in this game. Nice to lean back and play.
I do not have nor do I want an XBOX controller.