GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: LongBlade on February 26, 2015, 10:55:39 AM

Title: Ingress
Post by: LongBlade on February 26, 2015, 10:55:39 AM
I'd never heard of this before, but a quick search of the forums tells me that Huw was on the trail a couple of years ago (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8187.msg203573#msg203573).

Anybody been playing? It looks like a geocaching game where players have a capture-the-flag element to taking and holding specific points on a map. When a triangle is formed one team (of two) takes over the area inside. Could be interesting. More interesting is how little news there is on it yet it has a substantial following.

Title: Re: Ingress
Post by: bayonetbrant on February 26, 2015, 11:42:53 AM
One of my Wednesday game group guys is a big fan, but I uninstalled it as bloatware as soon as I got my new phone
Title: Re: Ingress
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 26, 2015, 01:29:46 PM
Actually I did get around to trying it out (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8217.msg204476#msg204476).  I've since stopped playing since my daily routines don't vary enough to make the day interesting, but I did think it was pretty cool in a gimmicky sort of way.  I wonder if it's been developed much in the interim.