GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jomni on March 08, 2015, 04:02:16 AM

Title: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: jomni on March 08, 2015, 04:02:16 AM
Japanese Anime Shoolgirls   :D :D :D :D

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcloud-4.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F47607117703175846%2FA026AE6B47F3B1A8CAAAC3F65108FD2E32C08CCC%2F&hash=a956ad1c8d441edb8a2c75206b9038b6518debfd)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcloud-4.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F47607117703197069%2F1694AC5ACAE72398D1F9AB5D374582DF5633F2B0%2F&hash=704518dcca7b5eec730c813293d0700874dd79c9)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcloud-4.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F47607117703221364%2F546751E0B1116DF1FFCEBD337E11C5AAB1240F39%2F&hash=9b9e1f8275f061b6a693287fc8e0e837305fe994)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcloud-4.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F47607117703225740%2FD84A93AF92DD43053926ED4B3099B3DB904B94BD%2F&hash=a2b1d72b61abbbe3b02e35a7c0a978244dbb00e5)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcloud-4.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F47607117703245519%2F396D3801586CEF2CB209C8521453C4BF3E622186%2F&hash=ad8ec9f92b74135a4bc53b29d11a5769f9cf924b)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcloud-4.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F44230686579285285%2F18336A1C569EF185E4E29300DBD8FB9DD891BB67%2F&hash=d0ac193ed5aff3b430f070743a20e2dd4b22e304)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcloud-4.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F529509029266678562%2FB108560C0BDDE4DF3FD5A6E01C967C49D83B92A2%2F&hash=3f495cf0465a5d1271e9e426d1fa0c9b75afd45f)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcloud-4.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F529509029266679607%2F3E8F80E90E5E6E1F5A085DC04CFDD415FB0CCCDE%2F&hash=a385f2e643a9a3decb1d64851da009bbbd69226a)




http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307354819
Title: Re: I was browsing STW2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 08, 2015, 04:22:35 AM
I suspect that tentacle monsters can't be far behind then.
Title: Re: I was browsing STW2 mods and I see this...
Post by: JudgeDredd on March 08, 2015, 05:50:19 AM
lol
Title: Re: I was browsing STW2 mods and I see this...
Post by: amandachen on March 08, 2015, 09:08:32 AM
Great find. Thanks.
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Gusington on March 08, 2015, 11:46:32 AM
I'll notify the proper authorities.
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: W8taminute on March 08, 2015, 12:05:54 PM
OMG that is an awesome mod.  That just might be the trick I need to get W8taminette Version 2 into strategy gaming!  Thanks for the tip jomni, I need to check this out.    O0
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: endfire79 on March 08, 2015, 12:20:56 PM
Sounds like something ol' SailorSaturn would do ... ::)
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Gusington on March 08, 2015, 12:25:26 PM
^It's got that vibe, yeah.
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Staggerwing on March 08, 2015, 12:27:03 PM
Or Girls Und Panzer.
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 08, 2015, 01:22:20 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 08, 2015, 11:46:32 AM
I'll notify the proper authorities.

Quote from: endfire79 on March 08, 2015, 12:20:56 PM
Sounds like something ol' SailorSaturn would do ... ::)

Gus, I think they've been notified...
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Gusington on March 08, 2015, 02:05:03 PM
Good, no doubt this mod is just a portal to some much deeper criminal intent.
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 08, 2015, 02:18:13 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 08, 2015, 02:05:03 PM
Good, no doubt this mod is just a portal to some much deeper criminal intent.

I was referring to SailorSaturn being the 'authorities' ;)
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Gusington on March 08, 2015, 02:32:57 PM
^Me too with "deeper criminal intent."
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Sir Slash on March 08, 2015, 04:01:30 PM
Would this be Woody Allen's favorite mod?
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Nefaro on March 08, 2015, 04:06:23 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 08, 2015, 04:01:30 PM
Would this be Woody Allen's favorite mod?

;D
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Steelgrave on March 08, 2015, 05:24:05 PM
I know it's because I'm old, but....I don't get the attraction to Japanese anime at all.
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: JudgeDredd on March 08, 2015, 05:39:46 PM
ditto
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: MetalDog on March 08, 2015, 06:45:23 PM
Same
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 08, 2015, 07:01:42 PM
I lived there for 9 years and I can't stand the stuff. 
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Steelgrave on March 08, 2015, 07:59:50 PM
I don't feel so alone now.......   O0
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: W8taminute on March 08, 2015, 08:04:54 PM
I played this mod a little today and I'm not sure what to think.  I've only spent about an hour with it but the one thing I noticed is that the anime units seem a bit overpowered. 
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: jomni on March 08, 2015, 08:36:37 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on March 08, 2015, 08:04:54 PM
I played this mod a little today and I'm not sure what to think.  I've only spent about an hour with it but the one thing I noticed is that the anime units seem a bit overpowered.

Sounds accurate to me.  They beat every enemy in every episode.  :2funny:
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Nefaro on March 08, 2015, 09:09:37 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on March 08, 2015, 05:24:05 PM
I know it's because I'm old, but....I don't get the attraction to Japanese anime at all.

Me neither.  Much of it is kinda creepy with a statutory rapist vibe.  I do my best to avoid that creepy.
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: jomni on March 08, 2015, 09:22:24 PM
How can you not love WW2 tanks?

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages6.alphacoders.com%2F388%2F388834.jpg&hash=ee61584d57bc5e54b53d258c261127a441862790)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages7.alphacoders.com%2F322%2F322759.jpg&hash=ab1e53b34d3a6028c5cee67ef30c99437090f138)
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Sir Slash on March 08, 2015, 10:11:16 PM
Young Japanese schoolgirls armed with German tanks and Danish Pastries. Seems very plausible to me with Obama's defense cuts. Should so thoroughly confuse the bad guys that they don't know whether to be afraid or feel sorry for us. :-X
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: Martok on March 10, 2015, 11:55:42 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on March 08, 2015, 05:24:05 PM
I know it's because I'm old, but....I don't get the attraction to Japanese anime at all.
Rest assured, age has nothing to do with it.  I've been puzzled by the fascination with Japanese anime ever since I was first introduced to it back in my early twenties (and that was at least fifteen years ago).  ??? 

Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: JasonPratt on March 10, 2015, 12:10:31 PM
Anime has a lot of variety in topic and tone, and even the art styles can be more or less realistic. Some anime I wouldn't touch with a ten meter tentacle. Others I love unreservedly.

I can't imagine any Grog would have trouble getting into Legend of the Galactic Heroes, or if not it wouldn't be because it's Japanese animation (but rather because the pacing in the first story arc is soggy).
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: jomni on March 10, 2015, 05:36:17 PM
Mobile Suit Gundam is another example.  Lots of parallels to WW2.
Title: Re: I was browsing Shogun 2 mods and I see this...
Post by: JasonPratt on March 11, 2015, 12:29:02 PM
Depends on which MSG one picks, though. G Gundam and Superior Defender are fine examples of their respective genres, but they sure aren't the usual MSG. On the other hand, Wing and SEED look like the worst kind of bishie tripe, but have a lot of depth.