GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Nefaro on March 19, 2015, 09:27:11 AM

Title: Shadowrun Chronicles
Post by: Nefaro on March 19, 2015, 09:27:11 AM
Evidently Shadowrun Online changed it's name and feature list, and then went into Early Access on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/267750/

I've been looking forward to more Shadowrun stuff, so I'm sure I will pick this up at some point.  May still be in too early a state to grab right now. 

From the chatter, it sounds like it may have more of the tabletop RPG features compared to the other recent Shadowrun PC game series.  Multi-player co-op and perhaps some kind of mission generator?
Title: Re: Shadowrun Chronicles
Post by: Tpek on March 19, 2015, 10:52:22 AM
I played a long time ago when it was still "Shadowrun Online" and only had 2 SP missions ( :P ).
Back then it was some simplified tactical game without much to it, has it really improved?
Title: Re: Shadowrun Chronicles
Post by: Nefaro on March 19, 2015, 11:22:51 AM
Quote from: Tpek on March 19, 2015, 10:52:22 AM
I played a long time ago when it was still "Shadowrun Online" and only had 2 SP missions ( :P ).
Back then it was some simplified tactical game without much to it, has it really improved?

Dunno.. I've not played it. 

The forum banter and recent user reviews tend to give it credit, with the caveat that it still needs a fair bit more content and features added.  Sounds like they're adding stuff in updates fairly regularly though.  So I'll wait until that is done before picking it up.
Title: Re: Shadowrun Chronicles
Post by: RooksBailey on March 19, 2015, 03:30:31 PM
I'm going to keep a close eye on this.  I really want a more open-ended SR experience than what the more story-driven SRR and SRD delivers, and this could be it.  I hope the April launch goes well!