GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JasonPratt on March 19, 2015, 05:55:54 PM

Title: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: JasonPratt on March 19, 2015, 05:55:54 PM
As of 8 hours ago, this morning:

Dig
Loom
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (I may need to look into that one, never played it)
Monkey Island 2 (Special Edition with upgraded gfx)
Zack McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Outlaws (+ A Handful of Missions)

http://www.gog.com/news/more_classics_from_lucasfilm_now_on_gogcom
Title: Re: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: bbmike on March 19, 2015, 06:10:32 PM
Meh, when's the next Lucasarts wave?  ::)
Title: Re: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 19, 2015, 06:34:58 PM
Quote from: bbmike on March 19, 2015, 06:10:32 PM
Meh, when's the next Lucasarts wave?  ::)

+1
Title: Re: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: Staggerwing on March 19, 2015, 08:12:34 PM
The Dig was an interesting game for it's time. I'd love to play it again if the graphics were improved with a slightly higher resolution.
Title: Re: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: -budd- on March 19, 2015, 10:12:05 PM
enjoyed and finished outlaws, may pick it up when a sale comes around. "where are you Marshal"
Title: Re: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2015, 01:55:30 AM
My lady missed Loom the first time around so I may well get that one.  Everyone should play Loom. :)
Title: Re: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: DennisS on March 20, 2015, 09:27:48 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2015, 01:55:30 AM
My lady missed Loom the first time around so I may well get that one.  Everyone should play Loom. :)

Not this version. It's not the same..lots of content missing, bad port, everything. My daughter LOVED this when it came out..and now, she is seriously disappointed.
Title: Re: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: JasonPratt on March 20, 2015, 11:43:40 AM
I never did finish Outlaws (but the cinematics were fairly easy to watch on their own, so I saw how it ended). I think I got stuck on the mission where I'm supposed to be looking for pieces of a water mill, and couldn't find the last remaining piece. After a couple of days on that I decided I had other things to be doing with my life.

Still, I had fun up to that point. I eventually combined most of the wave file music tracks with a 'western' sounding movie soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, to John Woo's movie Broken Arrow. They work great together.
Title: Re: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: ArizonaTank on March 20, 2015, 12:09:00 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 20, 2015, 11:43:40 AM
I never did finish Outlaws (but the cinematics were fairly easy to watch on their own, so I saw how it ended). I think I got stuck on the mission where I'm supposed to be looking for pieces of a water mill, and couldn't find the last remaining piece. After a couple of days on that I decided I had other things to be doing with my life.

Still, I had fun up to that point. I eventually combined most of the wave file music tracks with a 'western' sounding movie soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, to John Woo's movie Broken Arrow. They work great together.

Outlaws was my first multi-player FPS.  Great fun.  I think I was still on a dial-up modem, but no discernible lag.
Title: Re: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2015, 01:34:05 PM
Quote from: DennisS on March 20, 2015, 09:27:48 AM
Not this version. It's not the same..lots of content missing, bad port, everything. My daughter LOVED this when it came out..and now, she is seriously disappointed.

Oh wow, really?  How disappointing, but I appreciate the warning. O0
Title: Re: Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG
Post by: PanzersEast on March 20, 2015, 01:43:49 PM
Indiana Jones.... Yes Please  8)


PE