GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jejo68 on March 27, 2015, 01:37:22 AM

Title: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: jejo68 on March 27, 2015, 01:37:22 AM


And a link to their website https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

Looks cool
Title: Re: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: JasonPratt on March 27, 2015, 08:09:36 AM
This is the MMO, right? I've seen a few things already from some months ago that looked/sounded good.
Title: Re: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: Nefaro on March 27, 2015, 08:27:20 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 27, 2015, 08:09:36 AM
This is the MMO, right? I've seen a few things already from some months ago that looked/sounded good.


It's a free-to-play arena shooter IIRC.  Not really an MMORPG.  Think of it like World of Tanks 40k, perhaps.
Title: Re: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2015, 08:42:23 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 27, 2015, 08:27:20 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 27, 2015, 08:09:36 AM
This is the MMO, right? I've seen a few things already from some months ago that looked/sounded good.


It's a free-to-play arena shooter IIRC.  Not really an MMORPG.  Think of it like World of Tanks 40k, perhaps.

Another lost opportunity and waste of an awesome franchise.
Title: Re: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: tgb on March 27, 2015, 09:11:28 AM
Evidently WotC is offering licenses for 40 cents and a piece of Bazooka.  I may just grab one myself.
Title: Re: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: jejo68 on March 27, 2015, 09:36:48 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 27, 2015, 08:27:20 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 27, 2015, 08:09:36 AM
This is the MMO, right? I've seen a few things already from some months ago that looked/sounded good.


It's a free-to-play arena shooter IIRC.  Not really an MMORPG.  Think of it like World of Tanks 40k, perhaps.
Well they plan to make pve campaigns etc also. but right now are focused on the pvp play.
Title: Re: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: Nefaro on March 27, 2015, 11:06:39 AM
If it's still Free-To-Play when finished, I'll probably give it a try.

But I don't expect much.  :-\
Title: Re: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: Tpek on January 26, 2016, 02:31:25 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/375230

It's now available as Early Access on Steam.
Though it has been available for a long while now via their official website.

Anyone picked this up already?
Title: Re: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 26, 2016, 03:02:29 PM
I've been watching Let's Plays on youtube and I'm not really impressed so far. Now that its on steam though...who am I really kidding?
Title: Re: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: spelk on January 26, 2016, 05:59:23 PM
Bought it, tried to play it, Create an account in game, no go. Create an account on the website, OK, activate account via email, Ok. Try to login in-game, no go. Read support threads, disable all Anti-Virus, no go. Read Steam support threads, tell you to send them an email. Hmmm. So I can register on their website, and their servers are up and running, but the game won't log me in... hmm, try to reset password in-game login screen, says my email address is invalid. The email address I signed up successfully to their website with, and activated my account via.

Steam refund.

Most of what I've seen of it in vids, is at the moment its like Space Marine multiplayer. This costly purchase gives you a founders pack, whatever that is, but right now it doesn't seem to allow you to login to the game and play what little of it there is.

As much as I'm obsessed with Space Marines, i can do without this hassle for a game I haven't seen the quality of yet, and already they're readying their stores and ad machinery to sell me more of it... Fuck that nonsense.
Title: Re: new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage
Post by: jomni on January 26, 2016, 06:06:27 PM
Can you play as non-Marine?