I don't often inflict Frank Zappa on you fellas, but, this is a very tuneful song and bound to get stuck in your head if you listen. You're welcome ;)
As for games, I am stuck in a Civ IV loop. My mp friend has called me for three weeks straight to play, so, it looks like I will spend my gaming time this weekend as I have spent the last 21 days. Looking forward to impressions on Pillars of Eternity, too. HAPPY FRIDAY, GUYS!!!
Helldivers on ps4, ARMA 3, payday 2 and maybe some GALCIVIII, now that they have added planetary invasion!
Oh...and a crap load of packing. Closing on new house on Monday!
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2015, 06:05:50 AM
Helldivers on ps4, ARMA 3, payday 2 and maybe some GALCIVIII, now that they have added planetary invasion!
Oh...and a crap load of packing. Closing on new house on Monday!
Congrats on the house, JH!
I will be spending a little time with a lot of titles, some finished, some not. It's a gaming buffet!
A Druid's Duel
Corporate Machine
Ironcast
GalCiv III
Star Rulers II
Sovereignty
This on top of having to work this weekend.
There will be a lot of Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access this weekend. I'll also continue trying to wrap my head around Wargame: AB.
Nothing. Nada, nichts. No games except for shipboard and shore excursions. We're leaving on the Carnival Freedom tomorrow for a week, going to Key West, Freeport, and Nassau. I've got a GrogCast to finish editing today and a ton of stuff to finish up so I doubt I'll even get a game in today. :'(
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fvoyagesdestination.com%2Fimages%2Fcruises%2F15%2FCarnival_Freedom_cheap_cruise_deals.jpg&hash=d91e2e2018b43c60fb4ed046205baff48c464f83)
I know...waaah.
I want to buy Valkyria Chronicles, though, since it's on sale for six bucks (normally 20 bucks) and it looks good, so it'll be waiting for me when I get home. :)
I hope to be shooting con in the face some more with CMBS and updating the aar
Selling handbags to my regular customers in the PrON pbem
Designing a CMBS map
And hovering over the buy button for pillars of eternity
Finally got seriously into Wasteland 2, quite a well done game. Now all this Pillars of Eternity talk has me thinking of a new purchase. So far I've held off. I know if I get it, Wasteland 2 will sit on the sidelines yet again for a long time.
PICTS!!! In Attila TW, that is. Also going on a week's vacation, part of which will be spent with The Wife in Charleston, SC.
Enjoy the cruise BC...Key West is fantastic. And good luck with the closing JH!
A little Tropico 5 tonight.
Serious beer drinking tomorrow with some friends for my 50th.
Some Normandy 44 PBEM on Sunday. Canadians are finally moving. Sword has linked up with the 6th Para. Gold is rushing inland.
Happy new Home JH. Don't get too burnt on the cruise Banzai.
@JH...congrats to your new home O0
I am going to continue my Teyes campaign in Armada 2526 Gold....I am in a big campaign with 1000 turns (played about 430 turns so far) and am in a large war against the Klurgu (who are number 2 so far). I've been climbing up from rank 8 to rank 4...still a long way to go but I need glorious victories to gain the points...population and research points won't be enough (despite my 50 colonies, I am still only number 6 I think in terms of empire size). This campaign reminds why I think this game is one of the best 4x imho...Huge map, challenging AI, battles with hundreds of space ships etc...
Maybe something else...will see.
Enjoy the cruise BC - I always wanted to do a cruise round the Fjords in Norway and Sweden, but I'm petrified of deep water and wouldn't be able to sleep.
Congrats on the house move JH.
Likely no gaming after tonight. I'm going to an old army pals birthday party in York tomorrow and back Sunday.
If I do game tonight, and it's debatable, it'll maybe be Assetto Corsa or perhaps....you know what...I don't know. I'll likely not even fire up Assetto Corsa. What I'll probably do is sit and stare at my desktop, fire up World in Flames and jump out. Fire up War in the West and bail. Fire up DCS only to have it update, then abandon ship.
I'll then put a James Bond movie in and watch it - probably (You Only Live Twice is next).
I just can't focus on gaming currently. Despite having a shed load of great games.
I desparately want to learn to play World in Flames. I absolutely love the look of that game (though the interface is shite). But the chits and the terrain are gorgeous in my book...but I just am totally out of my depth and I simply can't justify the time it needs for me to learn it. I never get past the Lend Lease window!
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 27, 2015, 07:01:03 AM
I want to buy Valkyria Chronicles, though, since it's on sale for six bucks (normally 20 bucks) and it looks good, so it'll be waiting for me when I get home. :)
It's good; buy with confidence. :)
See, GH is pretty much the anti-AA, enabling addiction since 20##. O0
Quote from: Barthheart on March 27, 2015, 07:47:56 AM
Serious beer drinking tomorrow with some friends for my 50th.
Happy birthday old timer! :))
Happy birthday to Bart; and happy house day to Jarhead!
Yes, BC, I kind of forgot we were supposed to be staying strong for no/few new games this year, working on our backlogs. So... uh, yeah, don't buy it even though it's cheap on sale and pretty great and I almost want to go play the campaign again myself (I've played it twice). Also, don't look at the help text I'm appending below which I found on GameFAQs for acing your missions most effectively. I AM NOT POSTING IT, THIS IS NOT A REMINDER TO MYSELF TO POST IT LATER TODAY WHEN I GET HOME!!
Tonight -- probably messing with getting my new Surface Pro 3 working (it arrives today). Hopefully Steaming / GGing it up a bit for later.
Tomorrow morning -- Factory Manager Junior.
Tomorrow sometime -- Tax Simulator 2015. Will try to multitask.
This weekend and for the rest of the week -- Micro-Lent Fasting and Diet. (We'll see how that works out.)
Would like to finish writing a series of articles for Easter, but I haven't even started on them yet. :buck2:
Crap, any actual gaming???
Maybe I can finish my Vietnam '65 campaign and AAR this weekend.
I'd like to go back to my WH40K: Battle for Armageddon campaign, possibly restarting (on a new reinstall to be safe?) with a popular balance mod to see how that affects the campaign or if it screws it up horribly. Maybe do an AAR on that.
I'd like to start an absolute newbie Deadnauts AAR/campaign.
I'd like to get back to the new Space Hulk adaptation.
I'd like to get back to my Darkest Hour AAR mod Russian campaign and AAR. (Not to be confused with the mod abbreviation. ;) )
Wait, I still have Far Cry 3 where I can advance to the next main plot point I think...
I'm starting to feel like I want to get back to working on Season Three of Survive Harder (aka the Amazon Blood Bowl AAR).
... ....... at least one of these things won't happen. Maybe more. :buck2:
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2015, 06:05:50 AM
Oh...and a crap load of packing. Closing on new house on Monday!
Oh man, does moving suck.
Hope everything goes smoothly! O0
Quote from: Gusington on March 27, 2015, 07:45:44 AM
PICTS!!! In Attila TW, that is. Also going on a week's vacation, part of which will be spent with The Wife in Charleston, SC.
Enjoy the cruise BC...Key West is fantastic. And good luck with the closing JH!
Franks!!!!! And maybe some DCS and definitely some boardgames.
The main focus I have been doing is dwindling down my game library to only the essentials, so I will continue doing that.. also some board gaming, DungeonQuest anyone?
- OOTP 16
- EU IV
- Distant Worlds
PE
Quote from: Barthheart on March 27, 2015, 07:47:56 AM
A little Tropico 5 tonight.
Serious beer drinking tomorrow with some friends for my 50th.
Some Normandy 44 PBEM on Sunday. Canadians are finally moving. Sword has linked up with the 6th Para. Gold is rushing inland.
Happy new Home JH. Don't get too burnt on the cruise Banzai.
Yeah - happy birthday. I'm always gonna be behind you >:D
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 27, 2015, 09:06:36 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 27, 2015, 07:47:56 AM
A little Tropico 5 tonight.
Serious beer drinking tomorrow with some friends for my 50th.
Some Normandy 44 PBEM on Sunday. Canadians are finally moving. Sword has linked up with the 6th Para. Gold is rushing inland.
Happy new Home JH. Don't get too burnt on the cruise Banzai.
Yeah - happy birthday. I'm always gonna be behind you >:D
As long as yer FAR behind me. :o
Happy birthday Barth!
Also congrats on the house, JH!
CMBS and Kursk '43 PBEMs...I am convinced Doug has a machine that prints Soviets.
Normandy '44 PBEM...21st Panzer FINALLY decided to show its sad self. I just keep picturing von Rundstedt in "The Longest Day" musing over a cigarette that history would be changed because Der Fuhrer took a sleeping pill. And I am NO fan of Allied air cover. Still, Happy Birthday to my very own digital Monty, Vance...
Determined to get in some Ambush! now that I've finally united myself with a copy.
Best,
Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Happy Birthday Barth! Congrats JH!
Happy B-Day Barth....
JH, it sure beats remodeling! Congrats
PE
Franks?? What heresy is this?
Went ahead and bought both Valkyria Chronicles and Legend of Dungeon. Mmmmmaybe I'll sneak a little somethin'-somethin' in tonight...
Quote from: Gusington on March 27, 2015, 10:54:45 AM
Franks?? What heresy is this?
Franks!!!! Cheaper than Picts AND allied with the WRE more or less at the start. So while I help the Empire, the Empire helps me. As an added bonus, I take the cities that the various rebels have and while the Empire is weak, the rebels are even weaker. The Easy Franks are not too hard.
Playing the German Conrath's Counterattack campaign in CMFI.
Trying out the CMBS demo.
Finally installed War Thunder so I'll be learning to play that.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 27, 2015, 11:01:42 AM
Went ahead and bought both Valkyria Chronicles and Legend of Dungeon. Mmmmmaybe I'll sneak a little somethin'-somethin' in tonight...
Let me know what you think of Valk.
Happy birthday bartheart, happy house day Jarhead, happy cruise BC!
Command for me, working on the first Northern Fury scenario about Cold War hot WWIII in Norway. Possible AAR forthcoming.
Barthheart, happy 50th! I'll reach that milestone next year. :o
Jarhead, congrats on the house! When's the Grogheads housewarming party? :P
I finally tried the Galactic Civ 3 beta last night and for some reason it's clicking with me in a way 1 or 2 never did so I'll certainly play that. Also some more Worlds of Magic. I'm having a lot of fun with it and, so far, no bugs for me.
Quote from: bbmike on March 27, 2015, 11:33:49 AM
Also some more Worlds of Magic. I'm having a lot of fun with it and, so far, no bugs for me.
Been thinking of starting that but reports of crashes and upcoming patches adding stuff makes me want to wait. :crazy2:
I will be playing Pillars of Eternity(PoE) and robbing Banzai's house while he's away. Side note: Fire Sale on house hold items here Monday ;D Happy 50th Barth. Things may not work so well in the morning so.... take care of all your Manly Obligations tonight. Just saying. And Congrats on the new house Jar. Need any new furnishings? With the initials BC on them? And good luck with the CMFI- Conraths Counterattack Wally's World, it's a tough one. I'm still stuck on battle 3 or 4. And finally, Banzai enjoy your self. KW and Nassau are both beautiful, just don't forget where you parked the boat.
Saw a number of you playing Galactic Civ 3. Is it different enough/better than GC2 to warrant the $$$?
Happy Birthday Bart, Congrats on the house Jarhead, enjoy your cruise Banzai Cat.
Finally a weekend where I don't have to work, or I'm sick, or have some other obligation. Going to lock myself in my apartment and do nothing but game this weekend. I've got AAR's for Distant Worlds and EUIV I need to catch up on. Rest of my time will be split between Command, Cities: Skyline, and Pillars of Eternity. There may be a few hours of cargo hauling in Elite thrown in somewhere as well.
I checked a wiki last night and I'm about halfway through the Morrowind main quest. Lookin' good for finishing it! The story really gets interesting as you get into it.
Not sure what else yet...maybe Scourge of War. And I've got a slight tingling that may be an urge to finally boot up Rome Total War 2. Still haven't played the thing and I bought it on pre-order! :-[ I just started reading a book called Legions of Rome to try to get into the mood.
Quote from: Toonces on March 27, 2015, 02:18:13 PM
I checked a wiki last night and I'm about halfway through the Morrowind main quest. Lookin' good for finishing it! The story really gets interesting as you get into it.
Morrowind has the best story of any TES game. I'll even go out on a limb and say its the best story of any RPG.
I've been thinking of trying to go back to Morrowind for the last year and a half or so when I picked it up on Steam, but I'm really afraid that I've been spoiled by Skyrims graphics and game mechanics.
What, if any, mods are you using Toonces?
I have something called Morrowind Complete Overhaul 2.0 installed. There is a 3.0 available; not sure how I ended up with 2.0 but my game works, looks acceptable, and I don't want to pork my install with this many hours invested, so 2.0 it is.
http://www.ornitocopter.net/v3-0-release/
I also installed a mod that makes your walking/running speed about 2x faster, a mod that eliminates fatigue for walking/running so you can run everywhere (but fatigue during battle still works as intended), and a passive Cliff Racers mod that makes about 1/3 of the Cliff Racers passive and not attack you. I tried to remove them completely, but I can't seem to get that mod to work.
That's it. There are many, many more mods available, but I kind of wanted a more vanilla experience.
War in the west playing the 1943 to 1945 in Italy scenario
Maybe galactic civilizations three
Definitely some grabiteam tactics operation star which I've really grown to like.
Quote from: Nefaro on March 27, 2015, 11:41:50 AM
Quote from: bbmike on March 27, 2015, 11:33:49 AM
Also some more Worlds of Magic. I'm having a lot of fun with it and, so far, no bugs for me.
Been thinking of starting that but reports of crashes and upcoming patches adding stuff makes me want to wait. :crazy2:
Yeah, I'd say if you don't like early access stuff then wait. I know it's been officially released but there is still work to be done.
Well I got my new PC but haven't installed the graphics card yet. I'm saving that for tomorrow morning, so that I have plenty of time to fix stuff if anything goes wrong. Assuming all goes well, I have a list of games I've been waiting to try on the new rig. Here are some I hope to play this weekend:
Rising World. A lovely crafting/building sim, still in alpha, but if I can get it running smoothly it'll be a pleasant way to spend some time as well as showcase what my new PC can do.
Interstellar Marines. I really like this game but it was barely playable on my old PC. I'm very much looking forward to diving back in.
Dota 2. I ragequit last year after a sudden string of losses but would love to try it again running smooth as poo.
Age of Wonders 3. Will continue to beta test the Linux build. It was actually playable on the old PC; reported FPS were very low but that doesn't really matter in a turn based game.
I am right this moment posting from my new Surface. Physical keyboard arrives Monday. 14ish hours to download my Surface barnraising gift, which I've been saving up for: all new ww2 combat. Mission games.
My hatred for this keyboard is now complete... :buck2:
Quote from: Toonces on March 27, 2015, 02:18:13 PM
And I've got a slight tingling that may be an urge to finally boot up Rome Total War 2. Still haven't played the thing and I bought it on pre-order! :-[ I just started reading a book called Legions of Rome to try to get into the mood.
I'm on the verge of a new Rome 2 campaign, methinks.
Don't be afraid Toonces. It is painless at this point. O0
Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 27, 2015, 04:37:19 PM
Well I got my new PC but haven't installed the graphics card yet. I'm saving that for tomorrow morning, so that I have plenty of time to fix stuff if anything goes wrong. Assuming all goes well, I have a list of games I've been waiting to try on the new rig. Here are some I hope to play this weekend:
Rising World. A lovely crafting/building sim, still in alpha, but if I can get it running smoothly it'll be a pleasant way to spend some time as well as showcase what my new PC can do.
Interstellar Marines. I really like this game but it was barely playable on my old PC. I'm very much looking forward to diving back in.
Dota 2. I ragequit last year after a sudden string of losses but would love to try it again running smooth as poo.
Age of Wonders 3. Will continue to beta test the Linux build. It was actually playable on the old PC; reported FPS were very low but that doesn't really matter in a turn based game.
eeeeeennnnnnnnnnndlesssssssssss legennnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd
<<sending out jedi mind trick for some olde worlde coop, none of your space ship stuff>>
If they ever support Linux, I will. Amplitude are being bellends about it really.
were you playind endless space on linux?
No that was on Windows.
come to the darkside once more - we can pillage villages together
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 28, 2015, 09:59:01 AM
come to the darkside once more - we can pillage villages together
You even have the evil hoodie for it!
(...hoody? ...hoodey? ... ..... hooey?)
'Hoody.' Like 'doody' but with an 'h' and cleaner.
My Rome 2 Macedonia campaign is imminent for later this spring, BTW.
I haven't played anything yet this weekend! :-[
^Rome 2, right now. Do it!
I've been playing mostly Armada 2526 Gold so far but have also decided to forward the rts i have in my plan for April...it's Paraworld...played one mission already. I think my new standard is to have a strategy game along with a more "story" oriented game (like an rts)...
Anguille,
You have excellent taste in obscure games. Paraworld is a really fun game with an interesting premise, but beware of the sketchy voice acting (as I recall the Boar Riders were the worst).
Quote from: Skwerl on March 28, 2015, 04:47:49 PM
Anguille,
You have excellent taste in obscure games. Paraworld is a really fun game with an interesting premise, but beware of the sketchy voice acting (as I recall the Boar Riders were the worst).
Thanks! Look forward to explore the game...(i have a fairly big number of obscure and old games in my collection which i've been wanting to play for many years).
I finished my Vietnam '65 campaign late last night (the Groghead link is in my sign currently); and ran another one (much more quickly for not having to do an AAR on it ;) ) this afternoon.
Despite some rather goofy enemy mechanics, which are only obvious once some time is spent on the game, and a serious lack of communication about what the hell is going on in the game and why (from the manual and tutorials I mean), I pretty strongly recommend it. It's the cheapest good game Matrixlitherine has ever released (or the best cheap game rather); for a new game it's pretty hard to beat the price-to-fun ratio (on a PC game anyway).
All Civ all the time. Solo and mp. Got into Team Battleground for the first time. It's just a closer version of what we have already been playing. We have already been trading tech and resources, but now, with Team Battleground, each of you immediately has the technology discovered by you or your partner. And it appears that Wonders that effect the whole continent effect you as well as your partner. Good times.
I didn't get to play much this past weekend. Was visiting my grandmother and some friends down in Winona and La Crosse, although I did get to create a new character for 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons while I was down there.
But did you get to PLAY your new character?
Speaking of not getting to play: I just spent about two hours setting up a new AAR for my first Deadnauts campaign; and then discovered that unless I actually start a mission, the campaign doesn't save (nor can it be manually saved, since this is a roguelike).
All that effort, mostly wasted. The game naturally generated a whole new set of cretins, and a new mission, when I restarted. :tickedoff:
^ Bugger! :-\
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 01, 2015, 07:44:55 PM
Speaking of not getting to play: I just spent about two hours setting up a new AAR for my first Deadnauts campaign; and then discovered that unless I actually start a mission, the campaign doesn't save (nor can it be manually saved, since this is a roguelike).
All that effort, mostly wasted. The game naturally generated a whole new set of cretins, and a new mission, when I restarted. :tickedoff:
Huh, really? I could've sworn I was able to rejoin a campaign after immediately quitting following the completion of a mission. Although I suppose it's
possible I had started the next mission first, just to see. Quite an oversight by the devs if true.
Quote from: MetalDog on April 01, 2015, 06:58:51 PM
But did you get to PLAY your new character?
Heck no! Too much time was spent on the creation process and various, um, conversational digressions. (That, plus it took a while for my friend and I to come up with a halfway plausible-sounding backstory for my new half-orc wizard...) :-[ ::)
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 02, 2015, 12:43:52 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 01, 2015, 07:44:55 PM
Speaking of not getting to play: I just spent about two hours setting up a new AAR for my first Deadnauts campaign; and then discovered that unless I actually start a mission, the campaign doesn't save (nor can it be manually saved, since this is a roguelike).
All that effort, mostly wasted. The game naturally generated a whole new set of cretins, and a new mission, when I restarted. :tickedoff:
Huh, really? I could've sworn I was able to rejoin a campaign after immediately quitting following the completion of a mission. Although I suppose it's possible I had started the next mission first, just to see. Quite an oversight by the devs if true.
No, fortunately that wasn't the problem. I hadn't even accepted the
first mission yet. I understand the point: there are no manual saves, and the game hadn't gone far enough to autosave because I hadn't started the mission -- thus allowing the player, when starting a campaign, to scope out the situation randomly rolled up and decide whether or not to launch the campaign from there. Going back to the main menu effectively refuses the roll.
I do wish they had thought to add a manual save button for this stage (if only this stage) however since someone might want to keep the game but hadn't finished prepping yet and then had to leave (which is what happened with me, in principle; normally a player would only need a few minutes to consider and prep for the first mission, or to reject the campaign start and try again).
This does mean in practice that if I try to re-create a gamestart for an AAR along the basic plotline I had developed, I'll need to slot enough time to get all that done and then start the mission.
(Or, I might go back to messing with my Russian Darkest Hour AAR mod AAR. ;) Is it Friday yet? It has to be Friday somewhere...)