GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: PanzersEast on April 01, 2015, 03:48:50 PM

Title: Topic Smitten with the Hammer of Wargaming
Post by: PanzersEast on April 01, 2015, 03:48:50 PM
Cool Stuff Inc. has it back in stock so I snatched one up......


PE
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
Post by: GJK on April 01, 2015, 04:06:37 PM
No, no, no, no!  The pu$$ies over in the PC "wargaming" forum get away with post crap about dragons and spaceships and tinkerbell and everything that *isn't* a wargame....don't come start doing that here in the forum where *real* wargames are played!

Brant - I demand that this be nipped in the bud immediately!   :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
Post by: PanzersEast on April 01, 2015, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: GJK on April 01, 2015, 04:06:37 PM
No, no, no, no!  The pu$$ies over in the PC "wargaming" forum get away with post crap about dragons and spaceships and tinkerbell and everything that *isn't* a wargame....don't come start doing that here in the forum where *real* wargames are played!

Brant - I demand that this be nipped in the bud immediately!   :tickedoff: :tickedoff:


Have you ever seen Sherlock fight!   :knuppel2:

PE
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting WAR Detective
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 01, 2015, 04:19:58 PM
Gary, do you want me to move Twilight Struggle discussions to another forum, too ;)
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting WAR Detective
Post by: GJK on April 01, 2015, 04:45:40 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 01, 2015, 04:19:58 PM
Gary, do you want me to move Twilight Struggle discussions to another forum, too ;)

You're seriously not comparing Twilight Struggle, the epic clash of Super Nations during the Cold War with a fictitious literary detective character are you???
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
Post by: GJK on April 01, 2015, 04:46:18 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on April 01, 2015, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: GJK on April 01, 2015, 04:06:37 PM
No, no, no, no!  The pu$$ies over in the PC "wargaming" forum get away with post crap about dragons and spaceships and tinkerbell and everything that *isn't* a wargame....don't come start doing that here in the forum where *real* wargames are played!

Brant - I demand that this be nipped in the bud immediately!   :tickedoff: :tickedoff:


Have you ever seen Sherlock fight!   :knuppel2:

PE

Is there combat in this little barbie-doll game of yours?
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
Post by: Barthheart on April 01, 2015, 04:53:47 PM
Quote from: GJK on April 01, 2015, 04:46:18 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on April 01, 2015, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: GJK on April 01, 2015, 04:06:37 PM
No, no, no, no!  The pu$$ies over in the PC "wargaming" forum get away with post crap about dragons and spaceships and tinkerbell and everything that *isn't* a wargame....don't come start doing that here in the forum where *real* wargames are played!

Brant - I demand that this be nipped in the bud immediately!   :tickedoff: :tickedoff:


Have you ever seen Sherlock fight!   :knuppel2:

PE

Is there combat in this little barbie-doll game of yours?

Sez the guy who recreated west Side Story with ASL.  :2funny:
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting WAR Detective
Post by: Cyrano on April 01, 2015, 05:02:30 PM
For the record, Grogheads Central Command at Origins last year was right next door to a booth flogging a "My Little Pony" game.

I know for a fact that Bart smiled softly each time a Brony was born only a few feet from where he unwillingly taught the Sergeant miniatures game to passers-by.

The depth of Brant's enthusiasm is a shame that is best left unspoken.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting WAR Detective
Post by: PanzersEast on April 01, 2015, 07:15:11 PM
Well, I will not post anymore non-wargame related material in this forum.  Please direct me where I can post... I rely heavy on this community on the trade/discussion of information about gaming overall because I know we all have a variety of games that set on our shelves.  I have spoken to many of you off-line as well and I value this community above almost all on your opinions and experience,l however that being said this is a WARGAMING forum and I can dig that.


PE
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting WAR Detective
Post by: Nefaro on April 01, 2015, 07:25:02 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on April 01, 2015, 07:15:11 PM
Well, I will not post anymore non-wargame related material in this forum.  Please direct me where I can post... I rely heavy on this community on the trade/discussion of information about gaming overall because I know we all have a variety of games that set on our shelves.  I have spoken to many of you off-line as well and I value this community above almost all on your opinions and experience,l however that being said this is a WARGAMING forum and I can dig that.


PE

Heh.

Doesn't bother me any since tabletop forums don't get much traffic here.  There are probably too many different sections anyway.

I usually post the non-history game stuff in the RPG & Adventure Gaming (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?board=3.0) section.  If I understand you correctly, then I now know why few people frequent the place - they just drop everything here in the "Wargaming" section to rankle GJK.  >:D
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting WAR Detective
Post by: GJK on April 01, 2015, 07:46:10 PM
Yeah, I was just teasing you PE, this being April Fools day and all.   >:D

Go ahead and post any boardgame related stuff that you want here I say- I agree, at least *somebody* was posting *something* in this section.  ;)
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting WAR Detective
Post by: bbmike on April 01, 2015, 07:54:00 PM
No one should be allowed to dis Sherlock Holmes in any form.  >:(
Seriously though, I love me some Sherlock Holmes (not that Downey Jr. crap). I'm intrigued by this game...
Title: Re: Sherlock Holmes Consulting WAR Detective
Post by: Nefaro on April 02, 2015, 01:04:46 PM
Quote from: bbmike on April 01, 2015, 07:54:00 PM
No one should be allowed to dis Sherlock Holmes in any form.  >:(
Seriously though, I love me some Sherlock Holmes (not that Downey Jr. crap). I'm intrigued by this game...

I liked the Downey Jr crap.   >:(
Title: Re: Topic Smitten with the Hammer of Wargaming
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 02, 2015, 01:16:17 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 02, 2015, 01:04:46 PM
Quote from: bbmike on April 01, 2015, 07:54:00 PM
No one should be allowed to dis Sherlock Holmes in any form.  >:(
Seriously though, I love me some Sherlock Holmes (not that Downey Jr. crap). I'm intrigued by this game...

I liked the Downey Jr crap.   >:(

ditto, although the second one was a little too much "look how cool we can be filming this!  if we happen to tell a good story then it's a bonus"
Title: Re: Topic Smitten with the Hammer of Wargaming
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 05, 2015, 02:40:17 AM
I loved the Robert Downey Jnr Sherlock movies. Very well done, tongue in cheek and good stories. :smitten: