GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on April 01, 2015, 08:41:32 PM

Title: RoutNapoleon New A.I. ,Stack Limits,OverLoad Slot,Turn Indicator etc..
Post by: gameleaper on April 01, 2015, 08:41:32 PM
Sorry for old A.I. I tried to revive the old project without looking to close, The old A.I. was a random system, this new A.I. will seek you out much better.

Now there is a stack limit, excide it and your extra units will be destroyed.

The Last slots are overload slots, your unit May be displaced to a nearby hex if you overload the hex.

turn indicator added.
Title: Re: RoutNapoleon Total A.I. ReCode,Stack Limits,OverLoad Slot,Turn Indicator etc..
Post by: gameleaper on April 02, 2015, 01:44:05 PM
http://grognard.com/wargamerfiles/routnap.zip

Ok as far as I know all is fixed! but I have spent to much time on it , and wont be updateing again for some time.

I like pick up & play games for when your feeling brainslow

The game is free, Its casual(but you need to read the short rules) . Its all about routing the Napoleonic forces before yours, It plays ;oke chess or checkers but with a third dimention the stacks are eight high, so moveing around is a game strategy . remember bayonets are only for selected hex, so choose your battles
Title: Re: RoutNapoleon New A.I. ,Stack Limits,OverLoad Slot,Turn Indicator etc..
Post by: gameleaper on April 05, 2015, 11:04:17 PM
http://grognard.com/wargamerfiles/routnap.zip

Ive got the game accepted on grognard.com so now you can be sure its a safe download.
Title: Re: RoutNapoleon New A.I. ,Stack Limits,OverLoad Slot,Turn Indicator etc..
Post by: Toonces on April 06, 2015, 12:05:19 AM
Very cool, GL.  What language did you use to program this game?

And I thought you were done programming!?   ??? 

We should be making a Carrier conversion!   >:(
Title: Re: RoutNapoleon New A.I. ,Stack Limits,OverLoad Slot,Turn Indicator etc..
Post by: gameleaper on April 06, 2015, 12:45:06 AM
Toonces its an updated old project, I am giving-up programing, I want to play wargames more than make them now. I prgramed it with BlitzMax, have you noticed how small in MBs my games are compared to a unity game, a home programmer could not distribute a 1GB game etc...

Title: Re: RoutNapoleon New A.I. ,Stack Limits,OverLoad Slot,Turn Indicator etc..
Post by: Toonces on April 06, 2015, 03:54:10 AM
Why can't a home programmer distribute a 1GB game?  Serious question- I don't have any idea what kind of limitations you (independent programmers) work under.
Title: Re: RoutNapoleon New A.I. ,Stack Limits,OverLoad Slot,Turn Indicator etc..
Post by: gameleaper on April 06, 2015, 04:57:42 AM
Quote from: Toonces on April 06, 2015, 03:54:10 AM
Why can't a home programmer distribute a 1GB game?  Serious question- I don't have any idea what kind of limitations you (independent programmers) work under.

actualy putting a file on the net for other people to download can only be done on a free FTP server like dropbox, small files do ok but big files can be slowed to a trickle and even then things go wrong, Im not complaining about dropbox but I just would not trust a big file to go right on a free server, so then your looking for a supporter like indieDB but they do realy trickle the downloads, people Like davidhq who just joined has a website and puts free games for download, but I dought even he would give a big file bandwidth because hes paying. Then file security is also an issue.

Toonces I only redid a bit of code, Im really not wanting to get into any project, Im simply missing playing wargames , and I think Im burned-out as a programmer, Im 51 in May.
Title: Re: RoutNapoleon New A.I. ,Stack Limits,OverLoad Slot,Turn Indicator etc..
Post by: gameleaper on April 06, 2015, 06:13:38 PM
http://grognard.com/wargamerfiles/routnap.zip ok its now on grognard.com

Ive just done a help file update, its not yet on grognard.com , its only a few lines of text regarding movement that I forgot to put in, describing how movement can disorganise a Hex and Block it.
Title: Re: RoutNapoleon New A.I. ,Stack Limits,OverLoad Slot,Turn Indicator etc..
Post by: davidshq on April 07, 2015, 05:04:23 AM
Yeah, I couldn't host something that big, b/c I do pay for bandwidth...Might be able to on a shared host like Bluehost, as they don't have bandwidth limits, I've never had something *so* big or popular while using a shared host to see how *unlimited* unlimited really is...

These days though I use a virtual private server (VPS) and these don't come w/unlimited bandwidth. :P