GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: tgb on April 03, 2015, 01:56:11 AM

Title: Battlelore:Command
Post by: tgb on April 03, 2015, 01:56:11 AM
Being the sucker for digital board games that I am, I picked this up yesterday from Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/348400/) for $10, and I'm digging it so much I already dropped another $3 on the DLC.

If you're not familiar with the Fantasy Flight board game, the elevator pitch would be Memoir '44 in a fantasy universe. It's highly polished and a lot of fun.  There's a single player campaign, which seems to be pretty heavily scripted, skirmish mode, and multiplayer vis hot seat and their server.  No asynch play, which is a shame, since that would complement it perfectly.

And for those of you on the "Tom Chick is an ass" train, he hates it and gave it a single star, so that should seal the deal.
Title: Re: Battlelore:Command
Post by: Boggit on April 03, 2015, 11:17:38 AM
I trust you tgb... O0 I'm buying - not least because my kids are badgering me for it too! ::)

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Tom Chick?
Title: Re: Battlelore:Command
Post by: tgb on April 03, 2015, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: Boggit on April 03, 2015, 11:17:38 AM
I trust you tgb... O0 I'm buying - not least because my kids are badgering me for it too! ::)

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Tom Chick?

Tom Chick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Chick)
Title: Re: Battlelore:Command
Post by: Staggerwing on April 03, 2015, 02:39:16 PM
Quote from: tgb on April 03, 2015, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: Boggit on April 03, 2015, 11:17:38 AM
I trust you tgb... O0 I'm buying - not least because my kids are badgering me for it too! ::)

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Tom Chick?

Tom Chick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Chick)

And no relation to Chick Tract Publications (I hope... :o)

Title: Re: Battlelore:Command
Post by: FarAway Sooner on April 04, 2015, 10:20:36 AM
I had the First Edition board game and was very impressed by it, although I had a hard time finding people to play it much so didn't get to play with the more advanced rule sets.  It's an intriguingly simple yet deep game system.
Title: Re: Battlelore:Command
Post by: gameleaper on April 08, 2015, 05:17:35 PM
thanks tgb I have the BattleCry boardgame, Im sure Battlelore is a modified system, and it looks great thanks
Title: Re: Battlelore:Command
Post by: Boggit on April 11, 2015, 08:03:02 AM
I've played a bit, and it's quite fun. My kids really like it, so thanks tgb for the heads up! O0
Title: Re: Battlelore:Command
Post by: tgb on April 11, 2015, 09:17:14 AM
You're all welcome