GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Zulu1966 on April 07, 2015, 06:32:44 AM

Title: Looks Interesting ?
Post by: Zulu1966 on April 07, 2015, 06:32:44 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/354050/

Title: Re: Looks Interesting ?
Post by: Pete Dero on April 07, 2015, 07:10:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoztBGWaReM  (video of Starlight Tactics developer and his son)

Release in a couple of hours.  Looks rather basic on strategy but then again the price for the first week is only 8,99.
Title: Re: Looks Interesting ?
Post by: Zulu1966 on April 07, 2015, 10:08:03 AM
Says it has carriers. That always gets me with this type of game. something about carriers.
Title: Re: Looks Interesting ?
Post by: tgb on April 07, 2015, 10:20:07 AM
It's $10.  For that price I'll probably grab it unless word of mouth is really bad.
Title: Re: Looks Interesting ?
Post by: Capn Darwin on April 07, 2015, 11:52:03 AM
I was mildly interested until I watched the let's play video. The I move and shoot with one ship then you, rinse repeat with most volleys ending in killing the enemy ship left me flat. It has potential, so I'll keep an eye on it.  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Looks Interesting ?
Post by: tgb on April 07, 2015, 03:23:18 PM
According to those who have it, when you start a game you purchase your first ship and wait 3 hours of real time for it to arrive.  I would normally chalk something like that up to Steam forum hyperbole, except the developer himself confirmed it.  He's got some BS gameplay explanation for why that is, but it's enough to make this a non-starter for me.
Title: Re: Looks Interesting ?
Post by: steve58 on April 07, 2015, 03:50:53 PM
...and already tweaked down to 3 minutes

Quote
In response to this feedback, we just posted an update that reduces the wait time significantly (i.e. 3 minutes instead of 3 hours). If that still doesn't feel right, we can work on it some more. Just know, that we want this to be the best game possible, and will do what we can to make it happen, as long as the comments are constructive and reasonable. We are listening.

You may need to exit the Steam client and reenter to enable the update.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/354050/discussions/0/611702631232784984/#c611702631232992246

I was kinda interested in this one, but think I'll watch it from the sideline for now.
Title: Re: Looks Interesting ?
Post by: kassdhal on April 08, 2015, 02:49:13 AM
Looks fun! Thanks for bringing to my attention :)
Title: Re: Looks Interesting ?
Post by: GJK on April 08, 2015, 04:50:05 AM
I'll stick with the classic version that's free and has no wait time.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yrad.com%2Fconspiracyprime%2Fasteroids.jpg&hash=d41841054746517595d03b91c9694fd39d0bc006)