GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on May 02, 2012, 12:10:08 PM

Title: Map Editor to be Released for Shogun 2: Total War
Post by: Gusington on May 02, 2012, 12:10:08 PM
This could be big. This could change many people's minds and give Shogun 2 years of additional shelf life. You be the judge:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=538299
Title: Re: Map Editor to be Released for Shogun 2: Total War
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 02, 2012, 01:07:44 PM
Nice.  I'm reading a novel about the Boxer rebellion and I think a Boxer campaign would work well with FOTS.  Hopefully someone with more time, talent, and ambition than me will get to work on that. 
Title: Re: Map Editor to be Released for Shogun 2: Total War
Post by: Gusington on May 02, 2012, 01:11:56 PM
^Note the editor is for MP maps. But some say this could lead to TW becoming much more editable again.

What's the title of the book, btw?
Title: Re: Map Editor to be Released for Shogun 2: Total War
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 02, 2012, 01:51:04 PM
It's called The War of the Dragon Lady.  It's the 8th novel in a series about a British officer/scout and his Welsh batman as they traipse around the globe in the late 19th/early 20th century.  I enjoy them as I'm a fan of the era, but they're not the greatest of fiction.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.fantasticfiction.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fn29%2Fn145394.jpg&hash=23e229297688ce5e5b2b903ddeaf3ab0db0243e5)     (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.fantasticfiction.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fn29%2Fn145395.jpg&hash=5eea23bc0b049ce9b98824666eb5a2b500e2ba34)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.fantasticfiction.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fn31%2Fn156064.jpg&hash=50c5926cda18305e9ffaf414636708071bbb5b64)     (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.fantasticfiction.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fn38%2Fn193169.jpg&hash=42a86ccef36e64524d3d962b5de4941304bbc622)   

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.fantasticfiction.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fn47%2Fn239899.jpg&hash=0af671d6e6560235cc7cb76b80a32a18a4a69365)     (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.fantasticfiction.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fn57%2Fn285992.jpg&hash=4a7b8c47b7eef5571a20ca471d1da6a06de945e6)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.fantasticfiction.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fn63%2Fn316003.jpg&hash=3b1098a1a16975bbb4064102fc66bc82ee7effa7)     (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.fantasticfiction.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fn77%2Fn389655.jpg&hash=3530781e2c38a407e72d250ccfb7c3fcd80dc5a4)
Title: Re: Map Editor to be Released for Shogun 2: Total War
Post by: Gusington on May 02, 2012, 01:56:05 PM
^I'm surprised you don't like 'em too much. It's one of my dreams to some day write a series like that.

Another dream is to have an editable campaign map in a recent TW game :/
Title: Re: Map Editor to be Released for Shogun 2: Total War
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 02, 2012, 02:00:31 PM
I like them enough to have read them all.  I just find that they don't seem to evoke the history of the times  is the way the the Flashman or even the Sharpe novels seem to be able to do.  Maybe they're just too focussed on the main character and don't offer enough in the way of exposition of the real world people and events. 

At any rate, I would love to see a Boxer rebellion mod using the FOTS engine.
Title: Re: Map Editor to be Released for Shogun 2: Total War
Post by: Toonces on May 03, 2012, 12:08:09 PM
That gif with the elevator and the dog never fails to crack me up, even after all this time.  So classic.

Ok, sorry for the hijack.