So it looks like Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is on the agenda for the weekend. If I get the itch for something else, I have a Lithuania game going in EUIV that needs my attention, too.
I don't actually know.
If my weekend is like the rest of the week, lots and lots of Far Cry 4
I'd like to start that elusive WitW campaign.
Possibly jump in on a Steel Beasts if I get my act together.
Assetto Corsa
I'm holding off at the moment on Brother Against Brother - but it is on my radar.
Have a good weekend.
Toonces has me interested in giving scourge of war Gettysburg a shot. Other than that, probably a lot of GTAV. It looks and runs amazing on the PC.
Bugger. I didn't need to hear that.
I might well be picking that up tonight. ::)
MD...at my age I'm lucky to see anything "After 10:00pm", midnight is out of the question. Regardless....I'm slowly figuring out War in the West and started a new Distant Worlds campaign in pre-warp age.
A bit of dabbling with
Brother against Brother, and possibly some more
Combat Command. Oh, and some fast action fun with
Marvel Heroes 2015, and
Battlefield Hardline (the Hotwire mode is so addictive, zone capture where the zones are moving/destroyable/hijackable vehicles!!!).
I feel the need to include this...
Lets get wasted!!!
Don't think i'll play much this Friday/Saturday....maybe continue my campaigns in Endless Space and Pandora. Rest of the time will be devoted to wife, children, paying bills and getting my bags ready.
Then I leave on Sunday for 3 weeks to Macedonia so it's going to be gaming on my Acer P3 on which I've just installed some games. I have some good choices but here are some of my favorites: Sword of the Stars, HPS Alexander War, Sid Meier's Starship, Alexander TW, Galactic Civilization 2 and Civilization 4.
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 17, 2015, 06:28:18 AM
Bugger. I didn't need to hear that.
I might well be picking that up tonight. ::)
Make sure your PC is capable of it first. 8)
I hope to play more AoW3, GalCiv2 and StarDrive2. I also want to dive into Brother Against Brother.
BA2 - Kursk and maybe some BOMB (diggity).
Quote from: Gusington on April 17, 2015, 07:36:31 AM
BA2 - Kursk and maybe some BOMB (diggity).
Probably some John Tiller Panzer Battles Kursk PBEM. And probably some DCS and board games.
Pillars of Eternity and AoW e Eternal Lords for sure. I'm thinking about Brother Against Brother, but I'm in no hurry.
Quote from: Gusington on April 17, 2015, 07:36:31 AM
(diggity).
So close!
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mememaker.net%2Fstatic%2Fimages%2Ftemplates%2F810531.jpg&hash=2a4f3d6e21aedb813e397e5b2f7b06963ff6e22a)
Command for me. Looking forward to seeing what more the reinvigorated Soviet Union has to throw at me in Northern Norway.
More AoW3 for me - damn I love this game! :smitten:
Presently sitting in the Air Canad lounge awaiting my flight home.
Definitely the final turns of my PBEM Normandy 44 battle with Cyrano. It's been a lot more fun and interesting than I would have first thought with a John Tiller title. Still don't like the style of presentation but the game is well thought out.
Other than that, spring has finally reach my small corner of the Great White North so there will be plenty of Yardwork Manager and if I'm lucky I'll get the Get the Convertable Going DLC. :)
Quote from: Shelldrake on April 17, 2015, 08:52:25 AM
More AoW3 for me - damn I love this game! :smitten:
Shell, what do you like sdo much about it. Haven't played any since Vanilla. What has the 1.5 upgrade added and are you playing with any DLC?
@Rayfer: If I'm up at midnight, it must be because
someone please point out to MD the difference between "to" and "too" :D
Leave me be! It was before 6 a.m. What else do you want?
I am going to make a manful attempt to finish the final battle of CMBN's Kampgruppe Engel campaign. I've been making occasional, painful progress in this very tough fight and now I'm kind of WTF, lets get on with it already. You can only die once in real life but in computers, you can always re-start the battle. POE also and I need to get back to Attila. You don't want to keep him waiting.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 17, 2015, 09:15:17 AM
someone please point out to MD the difference between "to" and "too" :D
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F000%2F261%2F846%2F9b6.gif&hash=f73854f898ee0fdf46e1b8bce9600b1204f232f4)
Leaning me some No Retreat! Russian Front.. don't call me Panzers EAST for no reason.
Going to play a little Sovereignty and Pandora. I am starting to lean back toward board gaming so I have my All-Time/Half-Time NCAA tournament to start and a little surprise for the Grogs (SpringFling). Also OOTP16 and maybe try if I can finally get into FM. So about average, list a lot of crap, play about 1/3.
PE
MD....Tull, now you're talking my kind of music!
Quote from: MetalDog on April 17, 2015, 09:13:02 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on April 17, 2015, 08:52:25 AM
More AoW3 for me - damn I love this game! :smitten:
Shell, what do you like sdo much about it. Haven't played any since Vanilla. What has the 1.5 upgrade added and are you playing with any DLC?
@Rayfer: If I'm up at midnight, it must be because
I am playing vanilla 1.5 elf campaign and finding it very challenging but the tactical turn-based battles and tremendous variety of units and tactical versus strategic spells keep me coming back for more. Just when I think I have the AI on the ropes I get spanked and have to reload. Not sure that I have answered your question.
Off topic, Tull is the greatest! Heavy Horses is one of my favs.
Most of my weekend will probably be spent doing LUA work for my Command scenario. But I still plan to get an unhealthy amount of Cities Skyline, Elite, Prepar3D, Distant Worlds, EUIV, or Sovereignty into the mix. Strangely or not strange is that playing Sovereignty has made me want to play a fantasy RPG so I might fire up some Skyrim as well.
Son's birthday this week so I have ROLLERSKATING in my near future. Correction, I will be WATCHING rollerskaters this weekend.
In the midst thereof, I will continue to fight both Doug and Vance at PzC...both Normandy and Kursk are winding down.
CMBS vs. Doug...that's about to get grim...I almost forgot I got TANKS.
Leipzig PBEM vs. Doug for AAR purposes.
"Heroes of Normandie" for both fun and review...it threatens to tickle my gamer/collector OCD in that very expensive way.
Getting deep into Diablo III now with the whole family.
And radio show appearances throughout Sunday.
Let's go get some WEEKEND!!
Best,
Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Can I have a double serving of weekend?
^ Do you need your job?
Playing CMFI and just about to start the fourth battle of the German campaign "Conrath's Counterattack". The third battle was very tough and I'm down to only three Panzer III's now. I was hoping for more replacements, but will have to do with what I have.
Cities Skylines.
IL2 1946 with the user created "Luftwaffe Pilot: Legion Kondor!" campaign.
Dammit Wally. You beat battle #3. Now I gotta go back and try to get past it.
Quote from: WallysWorld on April 17, 2015, 10:33:16 AM
IL2 1946 with the user created "Luftwaffe Pilot: Legion Kondor!" campaign.
This would have been on my list too, but IL2 1946 refuses to detect my X55 Rhino. :'(
I'm fully immersed in Scourge of War right now. I'd really, really like to figure out how to get the courier system to work so I think I'm gonna google some tutorials/videos and then work on that. If I can get them to work I'd like to start playing through some scenarios rather than just sandbox.
We're getting a ton of surf out here right now, so I don't see me playing much more than SoW this weekend. :buck2:
Oh, and maybe a bit of The Ship!
I've actually been doing a lot better on AoW III, having spent around 12 hours on it over the last couple of days. I have the Galicia scenario ready to go in 'Der Weltkrieg', and maybe a chance to play 'The Ship' with some of 'da boyz'.
Am definitely getting some time in with Sovereignty this weekend. Hopefully some Rome II as well, and perhaps more Stardrive 2.
I'll be continuing my GG WitE grand campaign as the axis. It's my second attempt. The first attempt saw my armies crumble before general winter and Rumania knocked out of the war before the summer of '42.
This time thanks to the tips I found at Matrix from ComradeP I'm doing much better.
Then I'll fit in a little Star Drive 2 as well. I'm really loving that game.
Quote from: Toonces on April 17, 2015, 12:14:09 PM
I'm fully immersed in Scourge of War right now. I'd really, really like to figure out how to get the courier system to work so I think I'm gonna google some tutorials/videos and then work on that. If I can get them to work I'd like to start playing through some scenarios rather than just sandbox.
We're getting a ton of surf out here right now, so I don't see me playing much more than SoW this weekend. :buck2:
Check out this thread:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/hits-headquarters-in-the-saddle/21447-courier-battle-action-at-trostle-farm
Very helpful to me reference courier work. Helps with the "steps" of issues orders using the courier system
Squeezed around work there will be more fighting with Jomni and Con in CMBS
Some more map design in CMBS
and either AoW III or opening the can of 'bye for a few days' that will be the Command tutorials
or buy World of Magic
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 17, 2015, 10:42:07 AM
Dammit Wally. You beat battle #3. Now I gotta go back and try to get past it.
I got beat up bad in the second battle so I learned to be patient for the third battle. I had to as my armor is severely depleted. The third battle is pretty tough, no doubt.
Good luck!
Darn it Anguille, I saw your avatar and immediately thought "Hey, I haven't play any of the Ancient Warfare series in a long time! That sounds like fun!" Completely derailed any other ideas I had, at least for this evening.
Of course, I don't have Alexandrian Wars, so now I'll probably end up buying that tonight...
Just lost a Kursk mission in BA2 by ONE TILE. GAH!!!!!!!!!!
I just saw Budd log on in Steam on 7 Days to Die...sounds like The Ship get together didn't work out so well... :(
Not sure yet. I need to bust out Flash Point Fire Rescue again now that I've picked up a ton of expansion content for it. And I may try out Super Dungeon Explore co-op if I get the chance to read the rules.
Computer wise, I am sorely tempted by GTA V. I'll probably spend some time playing BF 4 if I don't pick up GTA.
Quote from: panzerde on April 17, 2015, 05:53:36 PM
Darn it Anguille, I saw your avatar and immediately thought "Hey, I haven't play any of the Ancient Warfare series in a long time! That sounds like fun!" Completely derailed any other ideas I had, at least for this evening.
Of course, I don't have Alexandrian Wars, so now I'll probably end up buying that tonight...
Lol...should i feel guilty? ;)
Quote from: panzerde on April 17, 2015, 05:53:36 PM
Darn it Anguille, I saw your avatar and immediately thought "Hey, I haven't play any of the Ancient Warfare series in a long time! That sounds like fun!" Completely derailed any other ideas I had, at least for this evening.
Of course, I don't have Alexandrian Wars, so now I'll probably end up buying that tonight...
I regularly get the urge to play them. Even though they tend to freeze up on me occasionally during turn playback.
I covet the newer Diadochoi one, despite having plenty battles left to try in the three or four I already own. :D
I'm...not entirely sure how this came about but...I started playing World of Warcraft. :idiot2:
Whelp I'm confined to the house for most of the day, and my shoulders are wrecked from way too much time in the water, so it's time for some SCOURGE OF WAR BABY!!11!!
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 18, 2015, 01:54:27 PM
I'm...not entirely sure how this came about but...I started playing World of Warcraft. :idiot2:
Daft bugger :idiot2:
However.....if you go on to a server called 'The Venture Co' and look for a Guild called 'Outland Raiders', you will find you-know-who!
Cheers Bob! I've already started a character on a different server but my next character shall be on that one. O0
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 18, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Cheers Bob! I've already started a character on a different server but my next character shall be on that one. O0
If it wasn't for the TZ difference, I could be tempted to resurrect my toons.
Quote from: panzerde on April 18, 2015, 05:54:36 PM
If it wasn't for the TZ difference, I could be tempted to resurrect my toons.
Yeah, that damnable timezone difference has put a dampener on many a would-be virtual gathering over the ages. Damn shame. :(
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 18, 2015, 06:23:45 PM
Quote from: panzerde on April 18, 2015, 05:54:36 PM
If it wasn't for the TZ difference, I could be tempted to resurrect my toons.
Yeah, that damnable timezone difference has put a dampener on many a would-be virtual gathering over the ages. Damn shame. :(
I think Huw should accommodate you and either get up really early or stay up really late to play.
Quote from: Bison on April 18, 2015, 06:49:14 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 18, 2015, 06:23:45 PM
Yeah, that damnable timezone difference has put a dampener on many a would-be virtual gathering over the ages. Damn shame. :(
I think Huw should accommodate you and either get up really early or stay up really late to play.
It does seem only fair, doesn't it? When I actively played I ran on a West Coast server. I've done my time. I've also heard that Welshmen are nocturnal, so there's that.
You have to do what he says, Huw. Because..............his avatar....................................
See, this is why PBEM was invented. ;)
No. This is why humans, particularly the gamer variety, developed a strong reliance on caffeine.
Quote from: panzerde on April 18, 2015, 05:54:36 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 18, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Cheers Bob! I've already started a character on a different server but my next character shall be on that one. O0
If it wasn't for the TZ difference, I could be tempted to resurrect my toons.
It can still be done. We had a friend in Oz who wanted to play, so we brought him a EU copy of the game and he was able to get on with us ok - apart from the 12 hour time difference. We also have a guild member in Holland who is moving back to the USA in a few weeks and she will be still able to log on using the EU server that she has the game installed on.
Pillars of Eternity and AOW III for me this weekend. Pretty happy with them and even more happy with my decision to abandon Stardrive 2.
Ashamed of its presence on my hard drive and it been criminally underused i had another go at Arma III King of the Hill - the first 5 spawns were pretty similar - wait for a chopper, get in, parachute out, get shot on way down/land on roof and get shot by a tank/land on tank and get shot by crew - so i thought, what would i do if this was real life?
For a start off i wouldnt go helicoptering in with all the other kids who think its fancy COD, and i definitely wouldnt get in a transport truck and drive to the target ON THE MAIN ROADS COVERED BY HALF THE ENEMY TEAM (well, not again anyway!)
So i jumped out of the chopper a bit earlier and took a left hook round the 'straight to the action' line and lo and behold im a creeping, stalking, enemy shooting, stealthy mofo - got four kills, got seen by a sniper so i left the building knowing the windows were been watched and headed out of the back, WOOOOAAAHHH, oh no its ok hes on my side, BRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPP, except the silly c*** didnt know i was on his side, team killed at the height of my badness!!!
enjoyed it, will try again later, it is fancy COD, but you have to play it properly!
Jesus christ. If WoW launched today it would get laughed at, and rightly so. Its mechanics are bloody ancient compared to modern MMOs. I'm having a particularly boring time of things and don't know if I'm going to continue. I'm only level 10 at the moment which isn't far enough in to judge any MMO, but goddamn, when an MMO launches these days and has a boring starter area it gets (rightly) panned, but WoW's is sending me to sleep.
My "rotation" thus far has been precisely one spell. This is how I've fought in WoW so far: press 1. Press 1. Press 1. Choose another target. Press 1. Press 1. Press 1.
It's utter bollocks.
One of the reasons why I stopped playing 3+ years ago.
...you need to join a decent Guild :-)
Well I'm on the starter account at the moment so I can't. I'll probably continue until the starter account limit of level 20 but so far it's not looking likely that I'll buy a subscription!
Several hours of Sovereignty: Crown of Kings. For Early Access, it plays pretty well. The game mechanics make sense and the balance of always needing something and never quite having enough are there, too. There's no RPG to it, like CK2. There are no buildings to build or research to discover. No. This is manage your resources, armies and economy and pursue your objectives. Pure and simple. And I even like the tactical battles.
I got to about level 50 or so and became very bored with the very obvious "matrix" the enemies used.
The enemies get stronger and you get more powers and progression kind of slowed - but the obvious matrix was the killer for me. Once I spotted that formula, I couldn't play it anymore.
I'm not sure exactly what the AOW III 1.5 update and the DLCs added to the base game, but I'm loving the game now.
Did not have the time to play much. Just played about 15 -20 turns of my campaign in Endless Space....not much yet it takes longer than it seems. Turn processing is slow in this game (around turn 170).
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 19, 2015, 01:09:03 PM
My "rotation" thus far has been precisely one spell. This is how I've fought in WoW so far: press 1. Press 1. Press 1. Choose another target. Press 1. Press 1. Press 1.
It's utter bollocks.
Guild Wars 2 is light years ahead of where WoW is now, even with its updates. Modern MMO's just have more options on how you play, what you do, and what you can do. GW2 doesn't even have a monthly sub. I was all over any MMO for years and years, and the GW series is my fallback. It's low cost and max options. F2P stuff like DCOU or MH or STO or Neverwinter or DDO or LOTRO they give you enough to get going, but often "nickel and dime" / "penny and shilling" ;) you later on.
I don't mind a cash shop in a free to play game as long as it's done right. Rift's is the best example I've seen; literally thousands of cosmetic items, mounts, gear etc all for very reasonable prices, but no way to gain an advantage over those who don't spend money.
Quote from: Bison on April 20, 2015, 01:14:04 AM
I'm not sure exactly what the AOW III 1.5 update and the DLCs added to the base game, but I'm loving the game now.
The DLCs and Updates have improved the experience quite a bit. :smiley6600:
Worth noting that Lotro (a) goes on sale occasionally and once packs are bought there's no need to keep paying for online content (except cosmetic fluff which is completely optional); (b) seems pretty capable of unlocking most or all story content if the side missions are drained out progressively as you go.
So playing to get the maximum story experience can be free; but it costs to skip ahead to the main story parts.
(I bought all the expansion packs for sale around $10 or $15 total back at Christmas. ;) )
Meanwhile, I rather surprisingly didn't get much gaming done over the weekend. But last night I picked back up on my Russian Darkest Hour AAR mod campaign for several hours. I haven't updated my AAR on it yet, though.
I played a little bit of everything Saturday morning. Finished up chapter 1 of my EUIV - Austria AAR. It should be going up later this afternoon. From this point forward I'll be using the new El Dorado DLC and patch. It might break the save but I'm willing to risk it.
I re-installed Diablo 3 Saturday afternoon and that kicked everything else to the curb after that. Forgot just how addicting mindlessly killing undead/demons can be.