GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Philippe on April 17, 2015, 01:15:33 PM

Title: Any suggestions for a free image hosting site that doesn't mangle the images?
Post by: Philippe on April 17, 2015, 01:15:33 PM
I used to use Imageshack, but last time I tried to use them they were making free users post in thumbnails, which are hateful.

I used Minus for about six months and liked it, but although they're free they've just switched to hand-held device only mode, which kills it for me.  No more astonishment at all the Korean girls trying to look like cartoon characters from Japanese anime.

Any suggestions for a free service that won't force me to use thumbnails or print text across the bottom of the image?

[And that's why there aren't any screenshots with my Battle Academy flag mod].
Title: Re: Any suggestions for a free image hosting site that doesn't mangle the images?
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 17, 2015, 01:19:09 PM
Photobucket?
Title: Re: Any suggestions for a free image hosting site that doesn't mangle the images?
Post by: Huw the Poo on April 17, 2015, 01:21:57 PM
Imgur?
Title: Re: Any suggestions for a free image hosting site that doesn't mangle the images?
Post by: Philippe on April 17, 2015, 01:34:49 PM
The image I just posted from Imgur seems adequate.  Many thanks.
Title: Re: Any suggestions for a free image hosting site that doesn't mangle the images?
Post by: spelk on April 17, 2015, 01:37:57 PM
I use imgur.com nowadays. You get a link to the full resolution image if you want.

The only thing is, if the image isn't viewed by anyone within a given time frame (6 weeks?) then I think they remove it. Something like that.
Title: Re: Any suggestions for a free image hosting site that doesn't mangle the images?
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 17, 2015, 01:47:56 PM
I've used Flickr for a long time, and I like it.
Title: Re: Any suggestions for a free image hosting site that doesn't mangle the images?
Post by: Philippe on April 17, 2015, 01:49:37 PM
If Imgur pulls unviewed images down after a short time, that's annoying, but it will do for now.  Gives me a little more time to find a permanent solution.
Title: Re: Any suggestions for a free image hosting site that doesn't mangle the images?
Post by: Huw the Poo on April 17, 2015, 06:13:11 PM
How long do you keep the images? (https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/201476457-How-long-do-you-keep-the-images-)

QuoteForever! An image is only removed if deletion is requested.
Title: Re: Any suggestions for a free image hosting site that doesn't mangle the images?
Post by: Greybriar on April 17, 2015, 07:18:49 PM
TinyPic (http://tinypic.com/) is the free image hosting site I use.