GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on April 20, 2015, 08:17:27 PM

Title: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is going Gold!
Post by: MetalDog on April 20, 2015, 08:17:27 PM
CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, announce The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt going GOLD

"We worked so damn hard over the past three years to bring you this game," said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED. "From the corrupt nobles in Novigrad to ancient monsters lurking in deep forests, to the bustling cities, colorful ports and breathtaking vistas; all the people, all the places -- we literally spent tens of thousands of hours to turn all that into an adventure that will kick your ass and make you want to come for more," adds Badowski. "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has gone GOLD and will soon be yours!" he concludes.

Garnering over 200 prestigious awards before launch, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is CD PROJEKT RED's most ambitious endeavour up to date. Set within a truly open world, the game puts you in the role of a wandering bounty hunter and monster slayer, Geralt of Rivia. In The Witcher, you take on the greatest contract of your life -- tracking down the Child of Prophecy, a living weapon that can alter the shape of the world.

Watch the Official Gameplay Video: https://youtu.be/nYwe_WHARdc

Watch "The Trail" Opening Cinematic: https://youtu.be/FcogCjLymeI

Watch the Wild Hunt Recap Video: https://youtu.be/bQEJwz5xy5w

The game is scheduled to launch May 19th, 2015, on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC, and PlayStation®4. Visit www.thewitcher.com andbuy.thewitcher.com for more information about the game and pre-order availability worldwide.

Visit the studio's FTP server to access audio-visual assets:

ftp.thewitcher.com
Title: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is going Gold!
Post by: Gusington on April 21, 2015, 07:02:23 AM
I want to get excited, I really do, but I sucked so bad at the Witcher 2 that it was unplayable for me...tried several times too. The combat system was just an enigma to me. Flowers killed e.in that game. I did enjoy the original, though.

Anyone know what combat will be like this time around? Because I do love the idea of an open world game in this universe. I just don't want to get all pumped only to not be able to fight again.
Title: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is going Gold!
Post by: FlickJax on April 21, 2015, 07:16:17 AM
i just have too many games and not a enough time i haven't even started the first 2 yet!!!!
Title: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is going Gold!
Post by: Rayfer on April 21, 2015, 08:23:27 AM
Quote from: Gusington on April 21, 2015, 07:02:23 AM
I want to get excited, I really do, but I sucked so bad at the Witcher 2 that it was unplayable for me...tried several times too. The combat system was just an enigma to me. Flowers killed e.in that game. I did enjoy the original, though.

Anyone know what combat will be like this time around? Because I do love the idea of an open world game in this universe. I just don't want to get all pumped only to not be able to fight again.

That was my experience too. Enjoyed and finished the first but just couldn't get into the second, never finished it. I'll wait a year or two and get it on sale for $4.99.
Title: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is going Gold!
Post by: Tpek on April 22, 2015, 03:28:47 AM
Yay!
Hopefully this time they will release a rather unbuggy game.