GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on April 21, 2015, 08:05:48 PM

Title: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Post by: Gusington on April 21, 2015, 08:05:48 PM
I did not even know this was being released: first in a series of three sort of side scrolling, Mark of the Ninja -esque type games. Today's release takes place in China in 1526 (clearly), the next release will take place in India in 1841, and the third in Russia in 1918. From the trailer it does indeed look like Mark of the Ninja, but with more money lavished on it. The 10.00 price point is no slouch either and reviews on Steam right now, although few, are positive. A no-brainer here for me...

Title: Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Post by: Rayfer on April 22, 2015, 10:51:00 AM
Have fun Gus. Personally, I can't stand side-scrollers.  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Post by: Gusington on April 22, 2015, 12:29:55 PM
It's described as '2.5d'...a little more than a side scroller but not quite a 3d game. Don't know if that changes things for you or anyine else. For me its the 16th century Chinese setting...can't resist.
Title: Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Post by: jomni on April 22, 2015, 07:43:46 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 22, 2015, 12:29:55 PM
For me its the 16th century Chinese setting...can't resist.

...Western interpretion of Ming China. Based on the trailer, it's all sterotype China.
Title: Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Post by: Gusington on April 22, 2015, 07:48:39 PM
OK - I probably wouldn't know that unless you told me.
Title: Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Post by: jomni on April 22, 2015, 07:50:22 PM
No worries. It all looks like Disney's Mulan to me.  The story is outlandish anyway with the Templars involved.  So no need to refer to history ;D
Title: Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Post by: Gusington on April 22, 2015, 07:57:10 PM
Can't we all get along and have fun?
Title: Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Post by: jomni on April 22, 2015, 07:58:58 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 22, 2015, 07:57:10 PM
Can't we all get along and have fun?

The art is gorgeous.  I love it.
Title: Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Post by: Gusington on April 22, 2015, 08:03:00 PM
:/

I don't believe you.

Not that I need want or need you or anyone to like it. Hell, I already bought it because it tickled my pickle.

But then you go and poo poo in my coco puffs...