GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on April 23, 2015, 12:31:34 AM

Title: lol - will it never end...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 23, 2015, 12:31:34 AM
...how in gods name do these companies make enough money to stay in business?  :idiot2:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/363620/
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: bbmike on April 23, 2015, 05:15:59 AM
"Comes with the original Tea Party Mode"? This was already a game???  :2funny:
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Staggerwing on April 23, 2015, 05:17:24 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 23, 2015, 12:31:34 AM
...how in gods name do these companies make enough money to stay in business?  :idiot2:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/363620/

Is it multiplayer? Can you mod the beverage choices?
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 23, 2015, 05:37:09 AM
I suspect this will be very popular in the UK.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 23, 2015, 05:41:25 AM
I thought "Tea Party" would make it take off in parts of 'Murica (maybe Boston?)   >:D
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 23, 2015, 05:42:33 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 23, 2015, 05:41:25 AM
I thought "Tea Party" would make it take off in parts of 'Murica (maybe Boston?)   >:D

Yes. Initially, until people realize it's not about dressing up like Indians and looting ships.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 23, 2015, 05:44:01 AM
lol
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 23, 2015, 05:51:32 AM
...or about being a certain unloved sorta-kinda political party.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: jomni on April 23, 2015, 06:45:14 AM
This together with surgeon simulator, should actually be called "paralysed arm therapy simulator".
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: jomni on April 23, 2015, 06:47:05 AM
I'll make a Japanese tea ceremony mod next.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Tuna on April 23, 2015, 08:36:43 AM
Quote from: jomni on April 23, 2015, 06:47:05 AM
I'll make a Japanese tea ceremony mod next.

At a Japanese Airport!  8)
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Boggit on April 23, 2015, 09:10:28 AM
Not really my cup of tea. ;) Apparently they want money for it too. :2funny:
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Steelgrave on April 23, 2015, 09:48:07 AM
Tie it in with Goat Simulator and you can serve your goat tea. Now where else can that happen? I mean, besides Starfury's house any given weekend? O0
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Sir Slash on April 23, 2015, 09:49:43 AM
One for my granddaughters. But fortunately we already play the real version now. The oldest(3), loves it when I pretend to drink the "Hot" tea and spit it out. I'm trying to teach her to be a real lady.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 23, 2015, 10:13:53 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on April 23, 2015, 09:48:07 AM
Tie it in with Goat Simulator and you can serve your goat tea. Now where else can that happen? I mean, besides Starfury's house any given weekend? O0

That is not tea he is serving. Its Jack Daniels.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: bbmike on April 23, 2015, 11:33:36 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 23, 2015, 10:13:53 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on April 23, 2015, 09:48:07 AM
Tie it in with Goat Simulator and you can serve your goat tea. Now where else can that happen? I mean, besides Starfury's house any given weekend? O0

That is not tea he is serving. Its Jack Daniels.

Jack Daniels? Is he on a diet?
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: glen55 on April 23, 2015, 12:16:28 PM
Blue tea?

I guess it's rather obvious that a proper tea party simulator should be first person action, not some turn-based crap.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Jack Nastyface on April 23, 2015, 12:25:05 PM
I dunno...from what I am seeing, this simulator seems to be steeped in detailed.  I might even prove to be the creme-de-la creme of all tea party simulators, and represent a refreshing break in the tea-time simulator war that has been brewing some time.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 03:33:59 PM
Well, that's bound to stir things up a bit.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 23, 2015, 03:35:42 PM
I don't know what all the fuss is about - it's just a storm in a tea cup!  :2funny:
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 03:39:34 PM
Yeah, we should leaf it alone now or MD will get all steamed up about it.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Nefaro on April 23, 2015, 03:43:55 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on April 23, 2015, 09:48:07 AM
Tie it in with Goat Simulator and you can serve your goat tea.

A tie-in with I Am Bread (http://store.steampowered.com/app/327890/) may be more appropriate.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 03:45:14 PM
Good idea. I'll raise my cup and toast you for that.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 23, 2015, 03:46:19 PM
I would like to see Tea Party Simulator with Digestive Biscuit Simulator. Dunk away lads!
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 03:49:46 PM
The first rule of biscuit dunking, is that when half the biscuit goes prematurely soggy, and drops into the cup - NEVER try and fish it out with the other half of the biscuit.

A note to non UK thread participants; for 'biscuits' read 'cookies'.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Nefaro on April 23, 2015, 03:51:10 PM
Quote from: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 03:49:46 PM
The first rule of biscuit dunking, is that when half the biscuit goes prematurely soggy, and drops into the cup - NEVER try and fish it out with the other half of the biscuit.

A note to non UK thread participants; for 'biscuits' read 'cookies'.


Biscuits - cookies.  Chips - Fries.  Bonnets - Hoods. 

Will it never end?!  :D
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 03:54:14 PM
Not while we can squeeze a pun out of it  ;)
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 23, 2015, 03:55:19 PM
Quote from: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 03:49:46 PM
The first rule of biscuit dunking, is that when half the biscuit goes prematurely soggy, and drops into the cup - NEVER try and fish it out with the other half of the biscuit.

A note to non UK thread participants; for 'biscuits' read 'cookies'.
In fact - just chuck the tea away - it's pretty useless after that (well...after eating the other half of biscuit)

And besides - never EVER use a biscuit not designed for dunking!
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Huw the Poo on April 23, 2015, 04:05:41 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 23, 2015, 03:55:19 PM
In fact - just chuck the tea away - it's pretty useless after that (well...after eating the other half of biscuit)

And besides - never EVER use a biscuit not designed for dunking!

Wise words my Scottish friend.  I generally stick to the old classics digestive or rich tea.  Anything less manly than that and you're asking for trouble.  Maybe a custard cream if you're a veteran dunker.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 04:09:23 PM
Or a hobnob if you want to try something risky  O0
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Huw the Poo on April 23, 2015, 04:31:47 PM
Quote from: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 04:09:23 PM
Or a hobnob if you want to try something risky  O0

Is this a reference to your utter humiliation of me on Facebook Bob?  You old git!  You're the main reason I quit, you know! ;)
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 04:33:07 PM
Was it? Crumbs, I didn't know that......... >:D
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Jack Nastyface on April 23, 2015, 05:44:58 PM
Just tried the demo...I think the game should have included a 3rd person tea-bagging level.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Toonces on April 23, 2015, 07:59:20 PM
All this crazy simulator games make me want to Earl.

???

:o
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 24, 2015, 12:17:52 AM
Quote from: Toonces on April 23, 2015, 07:59:20 PM
All this crazy simulator games make me want to Earl.

???

:o
Is that some sort of "Deep South" euphemism?  :)
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Toonces on April 24, 2015, 12:53:49 AM
There's a pun in there....I'm gonna let you figure it out, eh.   >:D
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: undercovergeek on April 24, 2015, 03:24:57 AM
 :smitten:

Quote from: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 04:33:07 PM
Was it? Crumbs, I didn't know that......... >:D

A Welshman an a scot discussing tea drinking - amateurs, you were drinking nettles and cow piss before we embraced you into the greater Union you heathens!!

Rich tea???? Goddam tea absorbing turning into floppy cardboard shite!!! Hobnobs, bourbons and custard creams - that's it
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Toonces on April 24, 2015, 03:40:32 AM
Still waiting for someone to get my pun.   ???

Damn, I didn't think it was that hard, and I don't even drink tea.   ::)
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: undercovergeek on April 24, 2015, 03:49:52 AM
It's not its just shit  :P
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Toonces on April 24, 2015, 03:50:54 AM
FU UCG.  Call the pun.  Damn, it's not that hard.   >:(
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: undercovergeek on April 24, 2015, 03:52:36 AM
Earl, hurl, earl grey - it's still not funny  ;D
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Toonces on April 24, 2015, 03:55:02 AM
Well shart man, I'm not funny.  Heck, that was  a 10 on the Toonces pun scale.   :coolsmiley:

you know what?  Fark off UCG.   :P
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Nefaro on April 24, 2015, 04:01:53 AM
Doesn't take long for a British discussion on Tea to devolve into this, huh?

;D
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 24, 2015, 04:24:29 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 24, 2015, 03:24:57 AM
:smitten:

Quote from: bob48 on April 23, 2015, 04:33:07 PM
Was it? Crumbs, I didn't know that......... >:D

A Welshman an a scot discussing tea drinking - amateurs, you were drinking nettles and cow piss before we embraced you into the greater Union you heathens!!

Rich tea???? Goddam tea absorbing turning into floppy cardboard shite!!! Hobnobs, bourbons and custard creams - that's it
I have to agree with you re the Rich Tea. I never EVER had a rich tea dunking session that didn't end in disaster. That may be, however, because I always used to dunk the far more robust Digestive. So I may not have the timing right.

But I always took the view you could only show a Rich Tea the cup of tea and it would almost fall apart. Heck - just the steam from your tea collapsed a Rich Tea!

And yeah - Hobnobs are the ultimate. Those things would stay water resistant longer than the Titanic!
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 24, 2015, 04:30:12 AM
Quote from: Toonces on April 24, 2015, 12:53:49 AM
There's a pun in there....I'm gonna let you figure it out, eh.   >:D
lmao - I was struggling because I thought you meant there was a pun in my retorte!! I couldn't see it - and rightly so.

Of course I got the Earl one - but man, UCG is right - that's one lame ass pun Toonces!   >:D
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Toonces on April 24, 2015, 04:39:30 AM
Where is the head explode thingy?  I need that.   >:(
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: undercovergeek on April 24, 2015, 04:42:38 AM
lmao - its rag on Toonces day!!
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Toonces on April 24, 2015, 04:43:51 AM
You got my pun, even if it wasn't good.  So kiss my butt UCG..   :-*
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 24, 2015, 04:44:15 AM
He's a surfer dude - he'll keep his cool.  :smitten:
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Huw the Poo on April 24, 2015, 04:57:55 AM
Geek you seem to be even angrier than usual today!
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: jomni on April 24, 2015, 07:20:35 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 24, 2015, 04:57:55 AM
Geek you seem to be even angrier than usual today!

Because I destroyed one of his BTR's.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: Sir Slash on April 24, 2015, 09:16:37 AM
In all things Tea-related, I always bow to the superior opinions of the expert British.
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: undercovergeek on April 24, 2015, 09:26:52 AM
Quote from: jomni on April 24, 2015, 07:20:35 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 24, 2015, 04:57:55 AM
Geek you seem to be even angrier than usual today!

Because I destroyed one of his BTR's.

Goddamit - haven't seen replay yet
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: bob48 on April 24, 2015, 12:49:49 PM
...probably ran out of hobnobs......
Title: Re: lol - will it never end...
Post by: W8taminute on April 24, 2015, 04:41:52 PM
Hmm...does this game come with a sortable spreadsheet that let's me keep track of stats like the morale, appetite factor, and etiquette factors of my guests?  It doesn't seem like a turn based simulation so I might have to pass on this but if it has sortable data tables we might have something.   :D