GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on April 28, 2015, 07:04:00 AM

Title: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 28, 2015, 07:04:00 AM
Any takers on a pbem?

I'm partial to CM:SF, CM:Battle for Normandy and CM:Black Sea (I will have to check which version of Normandy I have...I know I don't have the vehicle pack but apart from that I think I'm up to date)
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: undercovergeek on April 28, 2015, 07:10:52 AM
ooooooooooooooo, ill take you up on that

ive only got CMBS though
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 28, 2015, 07:21:37 AM
Cool. CMBS it is (I like that one anyway).

Do you want to start a game and send it? As you start, I'm happy with whatever side though would prefer a smaller scenario and I don't mind attacking or defending or a meeting engagement O0
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: undercovergeek on April 28, 2015, 07:52:52 AM
cool - you drop boxed up?
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 28, 2015, 07:57:00 AM
mmm....I think so.

I mean - I setup drop box, but I think I failed to get it "all tied in" so I honestly don't know. I'll try and work it out tonight. It's "black magic"!  :P
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: undercovergeek on April 28, 2015, 08:02:51 AM
lol, soon as youre done PM the email address you attached it to and ill send you the invite - it makes it so much easier
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: Boggit on April 28, 2015, 08:42:33 AM
JD - check out the vehicle pack. It has a lot of fun vehicles - if a little Heath Robinson... ;)
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: undercovergeek on April 30, 2015, 04:54:44 AM
Turn 1 sent, let me know if you need a hand
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 30, 2015, 05:19:38 AM
Quote from: Boggit on April 28, 2015, 08:42:33 AM
JD - check out the vehicle pack. It has a lot of fun vehicles - if a little Heath Robinson... ;)
I did look. The main reason I wasn't interested is because they were in any of the stock missions/campaigns and there were no additional missions. I don't really do sand box so I had no real use for them.
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 30, 2015, 05:24:10 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 30, 2015, 04:54:44 AM
Turn 1 sent, let me know if you need a hand
Right - I picked up your EMA file loaded it, was asked for a password and then it took me to the main menu. I then quite and uploaded the EMA file (002) to MY folder. That's right, yes?

I just realised I hadn't shared my folder with you. So that's how it's working right? You send to your box for me to pick up and I send to mine?
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: undercovergeek on April 30, 2015, 05:32:36 AM
no, the one we shared, the one i invited you to - you put it in there, we both dip and drop into the one box
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 30, 2015, 05:45:08 AM
ok
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: Boggit on April 30, 2015, 10:17:37 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 30, 2015, 05:19:38 AM
Quote from: Boggit on April 28, 2015, 08:42:33 AM
JD - check out the vehicle pack. It has a lot of fun vehicles - if a little Heath Robinson... ;)
I did look. The main reason I wasn't interested is because they were in any of the stock missions/campaigns and there were no additional missions. I don't really do sand box so I had no real use for them.
You're right. I think BF were thinking that the community would make some. FWIW, they are fun, but I do play QB's a lot. I guess you could use them multiplayer. The Churchill Croc is a bugger to deal with, as it has heavy armour, a decent gun, and lots of fiery stuff to deal with infantry.
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: undercovergeek on April 30, 2015, 06:35:10 PM
sorted - good luck JD
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: jomni on April 30, 2015, 09:10:28 PM
UCG!  The end is near (for me).  You are really bringing the house down.  :buck2: :buck2: :buck2:
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: undercovergeek on May 01, 2015, 03:28:36 AM
I'm having a real problem with sneaky house hiding rocket troops of yours - so I'm knocking them all down!
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: Boggit on May 01, 2015, 03:26:40 PM
Any pics, or replay that we can see?
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: panzerde on May 01, 2015, 03:32:07 PM
Bomb all the things!
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: Boggit on May 01, 2015, 03:51:20 PM
Quote from: panzerde on May 01, 2015, 03:32:07 PM
Bomb all the things!
LOL! I love your subtle approach. ;D
Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: panzerde on May 01, 2015, 04:07:41 PM
I suspect I rank right up there with US Grant in terms of subtlety! Besides, you don't need to be subtle if you have enough artillery!

Title: Re: Combat Mission PBEM?
Post by: undercovergeek on May 01, 2015, 04:54:58 PM
Quote from: Boggit on May 01, 2015, 03:26:40 PM
Any pics, or replay that we can see?

ill post some shots in the AAR thread i forgot all about!!!