I could swear I posted this before, but probably not in its own thread.
Anyway, this is a pretty cool site that's easy to spend a lot of time in. The author of the site had a father that was in Germany very shortly after the War, and he went around taking a lot of pictures of German military posts, defensive works, Nazi structures, underground factories...name it, they pretty much took pics of it. His son later went back and followed in his footsteps, taking pictures from the same angle to try to get a 'then and now' feel for things.
He also has a ton of pictures from other contributors, both from back then and today.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com/
I've always found this kind of photo comparison to be interesting; it's not just German/Nazi history, just history in general.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thirdreichruins.com%2FPropagandaMinsGT.jpg&hash=89bd718c1a8d2613c3f0254734d41a7a1032c7cf)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thirdreichruins.com%2Fpropmin06a.jpg&hash=7c6fb3e7b018dab7259304888aa45b623d692a07)
QuoteJoseph Goebbels' Ministry of Propaganda stood prominently on Wilhelmstraße, across the street from the old Reichs Chancellery. During building construction just before the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, a dreary East German building was erected in the open area just on Wilhelmstraße, blocking the front of the old Ministry building. This modern building is today a youth activities building, and access to the old Propaganda Ministry building behind it can be difficult. However, the entrance shown here was on Mauerstraße. (from Frau Prof. Gerdy Troost, "Das Bauen in Neuen Reich," Bayreuth, 1938)
Tons, tons more at the link.
The page on the Wolf's Lair is pretty interesting:
http://www.thirdreichruins.com/wolfschanze.htm
Weimar you making me look at old German buildings?
Whether it's Reich or it's wrong, it's interesting stuff.
That's a heil of a resource.
I figured you were all Goering to make a bunch of lame pun jokes.
Köln you guys not turn every thread into a pun war?
its the natural Oder of things.
They just want to brag about the size of their Peenemunde
I See we've sunk to a new Low.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FHsQrmOX.jpg&hash=75d6c8831ae709beadfdf049d0bf77da6bb54fdf)
Jod(a)l is upset
Could be time to Pak it up.
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 30, 2015, 07:26:47 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FHsQrmOX.jpg&hash=75d6c8831ae709beadfdf049d0bf77da6bb54fdf)
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/66/8b/f6/668bf6b9a3b359e48dda06b962a66225.jpg)
Quote from: mirth on April 30, 2015, 07:14:02 PM
I See we've sunk to a new Low.
Or risen to Seelow Heights.
Quote from: mirth on April 30, 2015, 07:14:02 PM
I See we've sunk to a new Low.
its Lowe you putz.
It's pretty sad that this is probably the third or fourth iteration of Third Reich puns I've seen in just the last few months.
Ex-Sepp, if it works, why not?
It's a trend that's hard to Topp.
Go with what werfs.
I tried to blitz past this thread but failed.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 30, 2015, 09:10:01 PM
Quote from: mirth on April 30, 2015, 07:14:02 PM
I See we've sunk to a new Low.
its Lowe you putz.
Let me help you, dummkopf.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=seelow+heights
Holy crap...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2776989/Recovering-fallen-German-soldiers-killed-bloody-Second-World-War-Brandenburg-battle-discovered-wearing-boots-helmets.html
QuoteStill wearing their boots and helmets, the Germans who fell fighting Russians at the Gates of Berlin: 70 years on, troops sacrificed in Hitler's doomed last stand are unearthed