GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Mr. Bigglesworth on April 30, 2015, 05:05:11 PM

Title: Humble bundle Might & Magic
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on April 30, 2015, 05:05:11 PM
For $15 you get homm 3 HD, the same price it is on steam, plus a giant butt load of other might & magic games. You can send most of the money to charity.
Title: Re: Humble bundle Might & Magic
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on April 30, 2015, 11:39:55 PM
It works! I am playing HOMM 3 HD now, it looks good. Some of the other games I already have on CD somewhere, it is nice to have a download version.

https://www.humblebundle.com/
Title: Re: Humble bundle Might & Magic
Post by: Cyrano on May 01, 2015, 09:39:30 AM
Had I not played it as much as I have, M&M:X with the expansion would be worth the price of admission.  I loved it far more than it ever deserved, but it reminded me of happy days playing the original "The Bard's Tale".

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Title: Re: Humble bundle Might & Magic
Post by: Rayfer on May 01, 2015, 09:51:15 AM
Quote from: Cyrano on May 01, 2015, 09:39:30 AM
Had I not played it as much as I have, M&M:X with the expansion would be worth the price of admission.  I loved it far more than it ever deserved, but it reminded me of happy days playing the original "The Bard's Tale".

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

I enjoyed MMX though I never finished it completely. It wasn't great but it was far better than some of the scathing reviews I had read.
Title: Re: Humble bundle Might & Magic
Post by: Greybriar on May 01, 2015, 10:46:59 AM
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on April 30, 2015, 11:39:55 PM
It works! I am playing HOMM 3 HD now, it looks good. Some of the other games I already have on CD somewhere, it is nice to have a download version.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

As I mentioned in The Groginati Sales Thread, HoMM3 is the HD version that does not include its expansions Armageddon's Blade (http://www.mobygames.com/game/heroes-of-might-and-magic-iii-armageddons-blade) or The Shadow of Death (http://www.mobygames.com/game/heroes-of-might-and-magic-iii-the-shadow-of-death); so no random map generator in addition to missing many missions, epic campaigns, single scenario maps, and several Shadow of Death campaigns.

It's still a terrific compilation and I would buy the bundle if I didn't already own almost everything in it several times over.