im sure we must have brought it up here by now but doing a search of 'battle command' brings up discussions about battles and commanders and being where we are, well, theres a lot of hits!
so, this
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4115320#Post4115320
Wow. This one got under my radar. How long has it been out? O0
i remember some early shots at kriegsimulations maybe a year ago now?
It's been around at various stages of development for a couple of years. It didn't have much (any?) AI opponent in the past I don't believe but it seems like that may no longer be the case. I tried it when there was a demo version available and it was...quirky. Based on some more recent posts from JC and this AAR it may be time to take another look.
I remember seeing this years ago. I was struck by the counter and landscape implementation....but I can't remember if the one I remember is this one (Battle Command) or if it is another game of similar look and play
I love this though
Quote
...I wasn't completely focused, kids were running around and my wife said something a few times I didn't quite get ...
Typical gamer :2funny:
As posted on the Matrix forums in 2008:
QuoteGJK -> RE: Battle command... (11/30/2008 8:46:10 PM)
Formerly known as "TacLiOsi" (or some acronym close to that)- this has been around for a couple of years now. No AI (multiplayer/solo play only), good bit of a learning curve and resource intensive- at least that is how it was the last time that I tried it. Looks cool though.
I remember dicking with it over a decade ago or so when it was a project by an individual guy and he wanted to charge some crazy high dollar amount for the full version. That acronym above is close but doesn't pull up anything in google (aside from my quote above) but the original was something close to that. I remember that he did a video on it. It's more simulator than game as I recall.
TaLaCoSi is the acronym you're after.