Just saw that Winward released (http://store.steampowered.com/app/326410/) on Steam today. There's a tutorial on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0B15dcWcqs&feature=iv&src_vid=bUChfKggqnw&annotation_id=annotation_3898992851) from the developer. It looks interesting, anyone playing it? At it's current price I may have to add yet another game to my morbidly obese library.
Is it worth a buy? Let's read, Let's read...... Yo ho ho and a bottle of piss.
PE
*insert joke about scraping barnacles off your pinnace*
That opening couple of minutes of ship battles looked almost identical to the newer of the Sid Meier (spelling?) Pirates game.
Based on the replies I thought it would be bad. But after watching 'Worth a buy?' I think I may have to make a purchase.
And no pinnace joke. At least until Grogheadscon 2015. :P
Watching the ship battles immediately breaks any immersion of playing a sailing game.
Quote from: Freyland on May 12, 2015, 12:27:49 PM
Watching the ship battles immediately breaks any immersion of playing a sailing game.
Does it make the seamen want to disembark from your pinnace?
:D
Quote from: Nefaro on May 12, 2015, 02:07:41 PM
Quote from: Freyland on May 12, 2015, 12:27:49 PM
Watching the ship battles immediately breaks any immersion of playing a sailing game.
Does it make the seamen want to disembark from your pinnace?
:D
Metaphorically speaking, that is the opposite of my outcome, but from a literal, in-game sense I would say that's probably pretty accurate!
It looks like Red Alert for sailing vessels. No thanks!
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 12, 2015, 10:56:59 AM
Is it worth a buy? Let's read, Let's read...... Yo ho ho and a bottle of piss.
PE
Wow, this looks really good! If only it had a combat deck view like that Paradox game from a few years ago that was about the Age of Sail - what was it called? Oh yes, East India Company. Reminds me a bit of that.
Thanks for the heads up!
I was about to say that reminds me a little of the game Age of Booty, though more expanded in some ways -- but then the pun trail began. ::)