I'm seeing the gaming fraternity get all frothy over this, never seen or played the first two parts
I haven't seen much here
I feel I'm missing the bus with all the excitement - could read RPS or could listen to my gaming brothers and I know who i trust more
What's the big deal?
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=4671.0
Some opinions on the series have already been posted.
I liked the first one, didn't like the second, will not pay 60.00 for the third.
60????
fk that!!
I hated the combat in the second one. Fortunately I'm below minimum specs for this version, so I'm safe from any temptation.
GreenManGaming has the game for 27% off with the use of a voucher:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/
Plus, Steam and GOG give you discounts for owning the previous games.
i forgot Gus was talking about cartoon money, its 30-40 in the Queens English
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 16, 2015, 09:12:14 AM
i forgot Gus was talking about cartoon money, its 30-40 in the Queens English
If you mean Looney Tunes, then yer talkin' Canadian, not US.
40 pounds is equally high. Until I hear that the combat has changed from the second one, I'm not getting it.
That said, the open world idea does moisten the old loins a bit.
PC reviews haven't come out yet, but a couple of PS4 reviews have come out, which seem very positive...I am sure there will be differences between PS4 and PC reviews, but assuming the core mechanics and gameplay are likely the same...wasn't going to purchase before reading these, but now interest peaked....
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/1900-6416135/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/the-witcher-3-the-wild-hunt-review
http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-the-kotaku-review-1703766283
http://www.gamesradar.com/witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/17/everything-you-need-to-know-before-the-witcher-3/#comments
thats what i was looking for!
thanks chaps
Well, no big surprise......I ended up purchasing....just assumed I would anyway after seeing all of the other people play it, so might as get it and pre load:)
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 17, 2015, 08:02:38 AM
Well, no big surprise......I ended up purchasing....just assumed I would anyway after seeing all of the other people play it, so might as get it and pre load:)
lol - after you posting this....
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 16, 2015, 05:48:58 PM
...
wasn't going to purchase before reading these, but now interest peaked
...
I was going to post that you were kidding yourself. lol. I had to go on a 60 mile bike ride this morning so had no time and thought I'd post when I got back...and you beat me!
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 17, 2015, 08:28:16 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 17, 2015, 08:02:38 AM
Well, no big surprise......I ended up purchasing....just assumed I would anyway after seeing all of the other people play it, so might as get it and pre load:)
lol - after you posting this....
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 16, 2015, 05:48:58 PM
...
wasn't going to purchase before reading these, but now interest peaked
...
I was going to post that you were kidding yourself. lol. I had to go on a 60 mile bike ride this morning so had no time and thought I'd post when I got back...and you beat me!
I am weak:) I would have bought Project Cars as well if I had a wheel to use...so thank goodness I don't:)
Custom armor and amputations pushed me over the edge. Looking forward to the release. No idea where I'm going to find 40 GB.
I finished Witcher 1...one of the few games I ever completed as an RPG.
Bought witcher 2 and never got past the prologue. Now I just dont really have time for a Witcher game unless it can capture the magic of the first one. So I am leaning towards not getting Witcher III since I really should at least complete Witcher II before outlaying another wad of cash for a game that has a greater than 50/50 chance of just taking up hard drive space and not getting played.
Con
I reinstalled Witcher 1 a month or so ago thinking I'd try to get back into it. A few years back I tried to play it but couldn't go past the castle - not because the game stopped me but because I was 'meh' on the game. I'm finding myself in the same predicament. Does W1 get better? I'm just not all that drawn in.
Quote from: Con on May 17, 2015, 09:23:35 AM
I finished Witcher 1...one of the few games I ever completed as an RPG.
Bought witcher 2 and never got past the prologue. Now I just dont really have time for a Witcher game unless it can capture the magic of the first one. So I am leaning towards not getting Witcher III since I really should at least complete Witcher II before outlaying another wad of cash for a game that has a greater than 50/50 chance of just taking up hard drive space and not getting played.
Con
I had a similar experience with 1 and 2, though in 2 I got slightly past the prologue. An article said 3 has 200 hours of content. With my 63 year old attention span....forget it!
Witcher 3 is open world like Skyrim too, isn't it? Therefore, for peeps who could not advance past the prologue of Witcher 2, this may be a solution.
I finished Witcher 1 and enjoyed it until the end. That was one of the reasons I got so frustrated with the second one.
The Witcher is like Dragon Age. They took an excellent isometric style game and went with some halfassed action rpg for the second game.
Fair enough...I'll keep it on the HD and see if I have time for it in the near future.
I think one of the main things that held me back from really getting into the first two games was the player character. Few customization options and his look and style did not appeal to me. I generally don't like the "ranger" type characters who wear padded or leather armor. I like to have some say in the player's appearance and definitely appreciate the option to find, purchase or craft custom armor. Witcher 3 seems to have added this so I'm hopeful that I can at least be comfortable playing as a character who appeals to me in the open world.
I know this is a really superficial issue, but its something that has always mattered to me.
I don't think it's superficial - who would want to play as a character that is uninteresting in any way?
Unlocked and available to play via gog....
Quote from: Gusington on May 17, 2015, 01:43:59 PM
Witcher 3 is open world like Skyrim too, isn't it? Therefore, for peeps who could not advance past the prologue of Witcher 2, this may be a solution.
Sounds like that is what they were shooting for.
I patiently await the impressions of the peeps. In the meantime I have Grim Dawn and AoW 3 to scratch the fantasy itch.
Yennefer is hawt.
The game has already dragged me completely in. I'm engrossed in the story and the graphics are amazing. Combat so far is a fun mix of dueling and magic. I like it a lot.
I'm far too deeply immersed in wargames of various stripes to even look this way, but I was struck by one comment that I wonder if others can confirm, viz.: how long does the tutorial last?
Best,
Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
I'd say 15-20 minutes tops and most of it can be skipped.