Though I'd really love to see a Car Wars conversion his will have to do.Pleased it's turn based. Hopefully it has enough depth to satisfy those who want more than a casual experience.
It's Games Workshops Car Wars type game.
If only someone would talk Steve Jackson into letting them do a Car Wars conversion, making sure there is a great RPG element plus a mode where you can just do Arena events whilst managing a Team. With Mad Max out it's a good time to be doing it. Still hopefully this will satisfy the itch.
http://www.darkfuture.info/ (http://www.darkfuture.info/)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/22/dark-futures-videogame/ (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/22/dark-futures-videogame/)
Quote from: TacticalWargames on May 23, 2015, 12:39:01 AM
If only someone would talk Steve Jackson into letting them do a Car Wars conversion, making sure there is a great RPG element plus a mode where you can just do Arena events whilst managing a Team. With Mad Max out it's a good time to be doing it.
Like the
Darkwind: War On Wheels MMO?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/295710/
It's old, and doesn't look all that amazing, but it has long-term gang/character management, turn-based WEGO car wars (both in various types of contest tracks & open wilderness raiding options) and a fair bit of depth. I've had some really enjoyable moments in it.
Yes, love DarkWInd driving mechanics. Shame it didn't have a decent single player mode.
I also think the driving mechanic would be superb if you added a Z Axis and made a WW1 air combat game where you are commander of a Squadron.
Quote from: TacticalWargames on May 23, 2015, 02:50:09 AM
Yes, love DarkWInd driving mechanics. Shame it didn't have a decent single player mode.
I thought you could enter death races where the AI fills out the rest of the non-player slots? And even go into the wasteland solo, if you were daring enough?
Quote
I also think the driving mechanic would be superb if you added a Z Axis and made a WW1 air combat game where you are commander of a Squadron.
That would be awesome.
Terry Simo mentioned that he'd really like a PC port for
Bloody April on the BGG forum. Said it would probably be better that way due to the great need for Fog Of War. I think such setup in a long-term MMOS, as you mentioned, would work well. Especially with some turn-based battles.
Was the trailer gameplay or cinematic? I suspect it was cinematic.