GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Enigmas of the Mystical => Topic started by: mirth on May 26, 2015, 12:03:45 PM

Title: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: mirth on May 26, 2015, 12:03:45 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/czech-nazi-occupation-show-criticized-797832 (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/czech-nazi-occupation-show-criticized-797832)
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: BanzaiCat on May 26, 2015, 12:17:47 PM
LOL

Well, considering the 'bad taste' of most "reality" programming, this is just par for the course.

I don't see how any of this can be reality when everyone knows everyone else is an actor. If they want REAL reality, they'll do some Candid Camera hidden set-ups, find a Jewish family, and crash into their home in the middle of the night dressed like SS troopers, then put hoods on their heads and drag them off on trucks in the middle of the night. THAT would be absolutely terrifying, reality, and overall, something justifiable to get everyone's knickers in a twist over, as opposed to this stupid shite. (I'm not saying that should be done, just that it would by far be more real than actors doing a TV show, which is pretty much this.)

The Kardashians are by far a worse offense than this. At least this might kind of possibly draw attention to history from feeble-minded youth that engross themselves in Real Housewives and other such garbage.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 02:32:33 PM
I suggest we just drop all "Reality TV" show directors & writers into their very own Reality Special.   Dump them somewhere in North Korea, unannounced, with some cameras and see how that turns out.

At the least, we would be temporarily rid of this annoying RTV trend.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: mirth on May 26, 2015, 02:38:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 02:32:33 PM
I suggest we just drop all "Reality TV" show directors & writers into their very own Reality Special.   Dump them somewhere in North Korea, unannounced, with some cameras and see how that turns out.

At the least, we would be temporarily rid of this annoying RTV trend.

I heartily endorse this proposal.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: Centurion40 on May 26, 2015, 02:44:42 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 02:32:33 PM
I suggest we just drop all "Reality TV" show directors & writers into their very own Reality Special.   Dump them somewhere in North Korea, unannounced, with some cameras and see how that turns out.

At the least, we would be temporarily rid of this annoying RTV trend.

Nah.  The ratings would be fantastic!  It would just encourage a fresh round of reality show programming.  :crazy2:
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: mirth on May 26, 2015, 02:48:49 PM
Survivor: Pyongyang is kinda catchy.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: Centurion40 on May 26, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 26, 2015, 02:48:49 PM
Survivor: Pyongyang is kinda catchy.

See??!!  The ratings would be through the roof!
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 03:04:54 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 26, 2015, 02:48:49 PM
Survivor: Pyongyang is kinda catchy.

Isn't there already a documentary on this out there? The Interview sure looked real.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: BanzaiCat on May 26, 2015, 04:07:35 PM
I think I'm in the minority in that I didn't like 'The Interview' at all.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 04:10:29 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 04:07:35 PM
I think I'm in the minority in that I didn't like 'The Interview' at all.

On the bright side, you and Un-kim will have a lot in common when they drop you off for that new reality show.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: BanzaiCat on May 26, 2015, 04:56:50 PM
It's not that it offended me; I like those guys' stuff most of the time. That movie just was flat-out not funny at all. I think there was one part where I actually chuckled, but just one.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 08:41:07 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 04:56:50 PM
It's not that it offended me; I like those guys' stuff most of the time. That movie just was flat-out not funny at all. I think there was one part where I actually chuckled, but just one.

And I belly laughed through almost all of it. Maybe because, as a general rule, I don't watch the (mostly) C- movies Seth Rogan makes. (Is it just me? I want to spell his name "Rogaine".)
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: BanzaiCat on May 26, 2015, 08:43:40 PM
Maybe I need to see it again. I watched a bootleg copy online and the quality was passable. Then again I didn't like Seth's movie with him and his wife living next to a frat house either. Tried twice to watch it but couldn't get 20 minutes into it either time.

I did like This Is The End, though, which by all accounts is a pretty terrible film, but it entertained me from beginning to end.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 08:56:50 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 08:43:40 PM
I did like This Is The End, though, which by all accounts is a pretty terrible film, but it entertained me from beginning to end.

This is the End was unbearable. I kept thinking it would get better but it didn't. I think its only "redeeming" value is gratuitous scenes of them smoking pot. I suppose if the audience was indulging with them it might improve the susceptibility of the humor. It also looked like it had been written in the midst of a string of joint smoking sessions.

So there is that.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: BanzaiCat on May 26, 2015, 08:57:39 PM
What do I know. I thought Last Action Hero was a great movie.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 08:58:10 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 08:57:39 PM
What do I know. I thought Last Action Hero was a great movie.

Never seen it.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: mirth on May 26, 2015, 09:27:57 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 08:57:39 PM
What do I know. I thought Last Action Hero was a great movie.

You're dead to me
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 10:02:29 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 08:43:40 PM
Maybe I need to see it again. I watched a bootleg copy online and the quality was passable. Then again I didn't like Seth's movie with him and his wife living next to a frat house either. Tried twice to watch it but couldn't get 20 minutes into it either time.

I didn't think the NK movie was terribly great, but worth some chuckles.  Definitely no gut-busters, however.  Watched it all the way through, however.

QuoteI did like This Is The End, though, which by all accounts is a pretty terrible film, but it entertained me from beginning to end.


Also enjoyed This Is The End quite a bit.  I had much better laughs with it. 
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 10:05:49 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 10:02:29 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 08:43:40 PM
Maybe I need to see it again. I watched a bootleg copy online and the quality was passable. Then again I didn't like Seth's movie with him and his wife living next to a frat house either. Tried twice to watch it but couldn't get 20 minutes into it either time.

I didn't think the NK movie was terribly great, but worth some chuckles.  Definitely no gut-busters, however.  Watched it all the way through, however.

QuoteI did like This Is The End, though, which by all accounts is a pretty terrible film, but it entertained me from beginning to end.


Also enjoyed This Is The End quite a bit.  I had much better laughs with it.

Then we have it.

The world is divided into two camps: This is the End and The Interview.

The only detail yet to be resolved is who will apply for the billion dollar research grant to help us study who-goes-into-which-camp.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 10:08:28 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 10:05:49 PM


Then we have it.

The world is divided into two camps: This is the End and The Interview.

The only detail yet to be resolved is who will apply for the billion dollar research grant to help us study who-goes-into-which-camp.


I want to be in the camp without people ovens and gas showers, please.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 10:52:34 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 10:08:28 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 10:05:49 PM


Then we have it.

The world is divided into two camps: This is the End and The Interview.

The only detail yet to be resolved is who will apply for the billion dollar research grant to help us study who-goes-into-which-camp.


I want to be in the camp without people ovens and gas showers, please.

Hmmm. Tough call. In one the world ends. Or maybe not but you won't be able to handle the bad acting before it's saved.

In the other you're in NK, which is arguably worse than a shower. But the bad guy dies in the end, so there is a happy ending.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: BanzaiCat on May 27, 2015, 08:22:20 AM
Quote from: mirth on May 26, 2015, 09:27:57 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 08:57:39 PM
What do I know. I thought Last Action Hero was a great movie.

You're dead to me

I thought that comment would get a rise out of you.
(https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/454962828600803328/jXG0H97g.png)
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: Centurion40 on May 27, 2015, 08:26:44 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 10:02:29 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 08:43:40 PM
Maybe I need to see it again. I watched a bootleg copy online and the quality was passable. Then again I didn't like Seth's movie with him and his wife living next to a frat house either. Tried twice to watch it but couldn't get 20 minutes into it either time.

I didn't think the NK movie was terribly great, but worth some chuckles.  Definitely no gut-busters, however.  Watched it all the way through, however.

QuoteI did like This Is The End, though, which by all accounts is a pretty terrible film, but it entertained me from beginning to end.


Also enjoyed This Is The End quite a bit.  I had much better laughs with it.

I liked the beginning of The End ( :o), the first hour or so.  The rest fell flat for me.  I loved The Interview and busted a couple of guts.  Especially the banquet scene where the ricin kicks in.  :2funny:

Did I mention that I have a puerile sense of humour?
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: bayonetbrant on May 27, 2015, 09:04:11 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 26, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 26, 2015, 02:48:49 PM
Survivor: Pyongyang is kinda catchy.

See??!!  The ratings would be through the roof!

They've already cast it - it's the senior commanders of the Nork Army.  You don't get voted off the island, you get chased off of it by rabid hungry dogs.
Title: Re: Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show
Post by: Staggerwing on May 27, 2015, 07:11:51 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 27, 2015, 09:04:11 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 26, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 26, 2015, 02:48:49 PM
Survivor: Pyongyang is kinda catchy.

See??!!  The ratings would be through the roof!

They've already cast it - it's the senior commanders of the Nork Army.  You don't get voted off the island, you get chased off of it by rabid hungry dogs.

Or a hail of heavy caliber Ack-ack shells.