GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: BanzaiCat on June 03, 2015, 12:39:28 PM

Title: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: BanzaiCat on June 03, 2015, 12:39:28 PM
Fallout 4 trailer released today.

Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: MengJiao on June 03, 2015, 01:55:17 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 03, 2015, 12:39:28 PM
Fallout 4 trailer released today.

  Nice.  I liked Skyrim up to a point.  I'll probably like this one up to a point too.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Kushan on June 03, 2015, 01:55:35 PM
Bethesda just take my money now ;D
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Con on June 03, 2015, 02:16:08 PM
Set in a post nuclear fallout Boston. Well now I just have to buy it.  I like that the uss constitution is in the game. With jet packs!

Con
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Gusington on June 03, 2015, 02:43:31 PM
I need to watch this trailer immediately. Although I have been having trouble getting into New Vegas. I liked Fallout 3 in DC a lot more.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: BanzaiCat on June 03, 2015, 03:11:19 PM
New Vegas does take some time to get into. And I didn't like the DLC in New Vegas as much as 3's DLC. Still, New Vegas is a lot of fun if you get past the initial stages.

Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Rayfer on June 03, 2015, 03:22:06 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 03, 2015, 02:43:31 PM
I need to watch this trailer immediately. Although I have been having trouble getting into New Vegas. I liked Fallout 3 in DC a lot more.

I felt that way too....but the deeper I got into the NV story the better it got, and by the end I thought it was better than 3.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: SirAndrewD on June 03, 2015, 03:24:29 PM
New Vegas was, IMO, the better game.  This is partly because I'm a Fallout fanboy and felt that New Vegas just felt more appropriate to the universe established in the first two games.  Having many of the original developers involved helped that. 

I also liked how many more options you had on how to progress in the story.  There are at least four ways I know of to finish the main storyline, and they all bear little resemblance to each other. This was something Fallout 3 sorely lacked. 

So, yeah, I like the new trailer, but I am keeping my enthusiasm in check.  After Fallout 3's story, I don't 100% trust Bethesda with the titles they have full control over, and I'm hoping Obsidian will get to follow up New Vegas after Fallout 4 has been out a while.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: undercovergeek on June 03, 2015, 04:28:06 PM
never played one  :-[

but this looks good - theres a whole raft of E3 things that are getting me moister than Gus running around a bouncy castle full of red haired lesbians
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Tuna on June 03, 2015, 05:46:33 PM
hmmm no mountain ranges like that here.. did the Nuclear War create them?
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Nefaro on June 03, 2015, 06:18:58 PM
Am I the only stubborn crazy person who wants the series to return to it's isometric RPG roots a la Fallout 2?  :-\
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: W8taminute on June 03, 2015, 06:27:30 PM
Quote from: Kushan on June 03, 2015, 01:55:35 PM
Bethesda just take my money now ;D

+1  O0
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: SirAndrewD on June 03, 2015, 09:59:42 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 03, 2015, 06:18:58 PM
Am I the only stubborn crazy person who wants the series to return to it's isometric RPG roots a la Fallout 2?  :-\

Nope, I'm totally with you.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 04, 2015, 12:31:15 AM
I never played 2. I did get 3 and enjoyed it - to a point. I also got New Vegas - and enjoyed it to a point.

Like the wise words of MengJiao - I'd probably enjoy this to a point to.

Another £50 for an RPG. Seems the price of games has jumped £15 overnight.

Who am I kidding...I will likely get it.

It's one of those things though that you feel you have to go back to the beginning. I've done that with Batman. I've gone back to Arkham Asylum to finish it so I can play through the others and eventually get Arkham Knight.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 04, 2015, 01:11:40 AM
I've just remembered what I so disliked about the games...it was the weapons.

They were pretty crap.

And I remember the specific situation that led me to leave the game...getting my arse kicked by a bunch of twats underground. Couldn't get past it, so bailed.

I do that.  :P
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: BanzaiCat on June 04, 2015, 05:53:18 AM
JD, you must mean the sewer area in New Vegas. I've played through the game three times and avoided the sewers each time. Then again I don't even like going into the vaults, either, and only do it if I have to, to further the main plot.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Gusington on June 04, 2015, 06:48:53 AM
Funny those are exactly the type of levels I enjoy.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Toonces on June 04, 2015, 08:45:40 AM
I loved Fallout 3 up to the point where I upgraded my computer and it wouldn't run anymore.  I have tried and tried to get it to run on Win 7 using all of the tweaks I have found out there, but it just doesn't work right.  I'm with Gus- I like the DC area much better than Vegas.

I played a bit of Vegas but not very much; certainly not enough to have an opinion on it.

F4 is a definite buy for me.  Not necessarily day 1, but surely at some point.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 04, 2015, 08:50:39 AM
Question (and yes - I'm already furtively looking at my wallet) - do the games "follow"? Is it the same character and the same story line? Do you need (probably not the best word...perhaps "beneficial"?) to play 3 and and Vegas to get a feel or are they individual games in their own right?
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Toonces on June 04, 2015, 08:52:08 AM
I thought Vegas and 3 were completely isolated stories.  I don't know (I don't think they do but I'm not sure) if they share the same "lore" like Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: BanzaiCat on June 04, 2015, 09:04:21 AM
Yes, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are separate storylines with separate individuals. Same world, of course; you'll get some references in New Vegas that you probably heard of in Fallout 3.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Tpek on June 04, 2015, 09:35:33 AM
Finally it's officially on Steam...
Now for the game to come out.

As silly as FO3 was when it first came out, I've really developed a craving to play such a game again.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 04, 2015, 09:52:40 AM
^ In what way was FO3 silly?
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: jomni on June 04, 2015, 05:42:38 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 04, 2015, 12:31:15 AM
I never played 2. I did get 3 and enjoyed it - to a point. I also got New Vegas - and enjoyed it to a point.

Like the wise words of MengJiao - I'd probably enjoy this to a point to.

Another £50 for an RPG. Seems the price of games has jumped £15 overnight.

Who am I kidding...I will likely get it.

It's one of those things though that you feel you have to go back to the beginning. I've done that with Batman. I've gone back to Arkham Asylum to finish it so I can play through the others and eventually get Arkham Knight.

There's a Fallout weekend deal on Steam.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: SirAndrewD on June 04, 2015, 07:00:37 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 04, 2015, 08:50:39 AM
Question (and yes - I'm already furtively looking at my wallet) - do the games "follow"? Is it the same character and the same story line? Do you need (probably not the best word...perhaps "beneficial"?) to play 3 and and Vegas to get a feel or are they individual games in their own right?

Every Fallout game has a completely separate protagonist. 

Story wise, there is a pretty strong connection between Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.  They all concern the same geographic area, and the hero character of each of the three games have impacted that world between the three games. 

Fallout 3 and 4 are on the East coast, and are just a shared universe rather than connected to the story threads of the first game.  There are a few of the major players from the West Coast that appear in Fallout 3, namely the Mutants, Enclave and Brotherhood of Steel, but they're not quite the proper versions of those groups that appear in the original games and New Vegas. 

All the games can be played standalone, there's nothing you NEED to know if you play the prior games, however it does enhance your enjoyment to know what came before. 
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Gusington on June 04, 2015, 07:28:31 PM
Fallout: Tactics was pretty decent too. I picked it up on sale last summer and enjoyed it for a few hours.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: Nefaro on June 05, 2015, 12:04:04 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2015, 07:28:31 PM
Fallout: Tactics was pretty decent too. I picked it up on sale last summer and enjoyed it for a few hours.

I picked it up shortly after it first came out, years ago.  Had fun with it until I ran into some bug that stopped my campaign cold.  I couldn't get past it, and that was the last I played it after getting frustrated.

Went back to doing some Fallout 2 after that, anyway.  Best of the bunch.  Want a new updated sequel to it.  I've enjoyed Wasteland 2 but I prefer the much more open fallout setting and running one more highly detailed character than a group.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: TacticalWargames on June 05, 2015, 02:21:57 PM
Didn't really excite me at all.  Looks more of the same.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: airboy on June 06, 2015, 05:07:18 PM
This is one of the weirdest game coincidences in my life.

I'm in DC right now on a 5 trip for a wedding, baseball and spending some wife time.

I was getting back into the mood to play Fallout 3 because of my time in the ugly, ugly, ugly DC metro.  Some of the stations are quite complicated.  Then I finish up a complete draft of my conference presentation, log onto grogheads, and see the announcement and trailer for Fallout 4.

Little Fallout History:
Wasteland was the precursor to the Fallout Series & was done by Brian Fargo.
Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas all had back story linkages.  The links were closest in Fallout 1 & 2.

I loved, Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas.  I liked Fallout 3 a lot - but it was too easy.  I have high hopes for Fallout 4.

Guess I got to get my research in progress completed in time for the release.

BTW - Dogmeat never looked better!
Title: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Post by: endfire79 on June 07, 2015, 09:05:20 AM
Probably a good time to pick up New Vegas on Steam for sale right now and catch up on things - done!