I just blew a few $'s on four games at GOG:
- Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura (never played it)
- Legend of Grimrock II (ditto)
- Doorkickers (ditto)
- The Wolf Among Us (ditto)
Doorkickers was only 4.99. I'm going to kick myself if it's lower on Steam here in a few days. The Wolf Among Us was also a surprise - $6.29 for the whole thing.
Took a LOT of willpower to not add the $12.49 sale for Game of Thrones.
A couple of days ago I also got these games off of GOG:
- AI War: Fleet Command
- Starfleet Command
- Heroes of Might & Magic III
Also grabbed some things on Steam, yesterday:
- Hollywood Visionary
- Tin Star
- Doom & Destiny
I think I've burned maybe $30 with all purchases thus far...in bits and pieces it doesn't seem like a lot but it does add the fluck up.
Especially once the damn Steam Summer Sale starts!
Excuse me now while I go figure out what games I'm going to UNinstall to make room... :crazy2:
...forgot to add that GOG gives you free games for buying stuff, so I got Sim City 2000 and STALKER: Clear Sky on top of everything else.
lets see...since May 20th
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut [payed for with steam cash from selling my badges] $4.99
Steel Armor-blaze of war $7.50
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 platinum $5.99
Unreal tournament 2004 Editors Edition $2.50
Slitherine bundle $10.00
Ziggerat $4.60
IIRC Doorkickers is 19.99 on Steam right now so that is a great deal for that one. I am curious to see how far Steam marks it down.
If I expand buying beyond Steam it will drive me over the edge.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmakeameme.org%2Fmedia%2Fcreated%2Fyessss-join-us.jpg&hash=4fc837c25900979001af3b729f3d0c289404d94e)
PILLAR OF STEADFASTNESS
Since early May, I've bought:
(all prices in euro's)
Lucas Arts Jedi Knight Bundle (all Jedi Knight and Dark Forces games): 5.99.
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition: 4.99.
Shadowrun: Dragon Fall Director's Cut: 4.49.
Brutal Legend: 2.99.
This is exceptional, in the last 6 months I've only bought a handful of ~2 euro games.
I don't know when the last time was when I actually paid full price for a game other than a wargame.
Quote from: Gusington on June 09, 2015, 07:40:32 PM
PILLAR OF STEADFASTNESS
shut the fuck up.
you bought a DLC at full price.
Let's see....
$38 CDN 2 copies of Star Hammer
$4 CDN Eternal Lords DLC for Age of Wonders III (I had $9.50 in store credit)
$6 CDN Breach and Clear
$62 USD Pre-ordered a P500 reprint of Empire of the Sun from GMT games.
you could spend all of that on a great dinner that lasts a few hours and you poop out the next morning.
I tried that once. They insisted on no dice rolling during the les amuse-bouches and frowned on my hiding my infantry counters under the soup tureen.
The Wolf Among Us is pretty mind-blowing. I knew next to nothing about it going in. If you're into games that are different (this one certainly fits THAT bill), and you like the Telltale Games Walking Dead series, you'll very likely love this game.
DLC was not at full price Star! 10% off!! :D It wouldn't be part of the Steam sale anyway. So...still STEADFAST. :coolsmiley:
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F_pO8X-Ui_jrE%2FSX2xfUrayEI%2FAAAAAAAABks%2F0H2-V2HUYLA%2Fs320%2Fjerkface.jpg&hash=410bcc28e36965fdd1431bf95a5ba0a234fe53bd)
It's a SALE nevertheless. You succumbed. SUCCUMBED.
A pillar. Of steadfastness. I am.
Want to see a picture of my Steam wishlist?
Hrmm.. my spending has dropped regarding PC games this year. Haven't been playing them as much.
From the last ~ three months:
FM2015 - $16
HoMM5: Tribes of the East - $3
HoMM3 Complete from GOG - $4
King's Bounty: Dark Side - $5
Last Federation: Betrayed Hope DLC - $1.80
AOW3 Eternal Lords - $20
Pillars Of Eternity - $17
Starfleet Command 2: Orion Pirates & CE - $14 (should've only picked up OP)
Card Dungeon - $9
I've not really played much of them except the AOW3 expansion, a little Pillars, and a good bit of SFC2.
Probably made up for the savings, and then some, with tabletop purchases. >:D But I'm satisfied with my PC purchasing restraint, despite not having played some of these at all yet.
I have stayed strong...so far, but will likely crumble when the Steam sale starts as I really want the DLC for AoW3.
I'm hoping AoW 3 will be on super sale.
Gus, my wishlist has 50+ games on it so I understand. I expect a slew of emails from Steam telling me everything that's on sale. Though honestly I recently went back through and thought more than once, why did I add that?
Gus, that's a pretty impressive display of denial. :)
Endless Leg Ends, if its in the sale, and cheap.
It's not just a river in Egypt, Huw.
Where was Pillars of Eternity on sale for 17.00?
I have to make a choice between that on sale and the new Sword Coast Legends game. Maybe if I force myself to buy ONLY ONE GAME during the entire sale, things will be easier.
Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2015, 12:47:45 PM
Maybe if I force myself to buy ONLY ONE GAME during the entire sale, things will be easier.
You better PUT ON YOUR GAME BUYIN' PANTS NOW, Gus.
(https://socialbaron.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/napoleon-dynamite2.jpg)
^It's like you have a live camera feed in my gaming chamber.
^-^
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 09, 2015, 05:49:54 PM
I just blew a few $'s on four games at GOG:
I think in the last month or so I've gotten Invisible and Bloody April and SHIV and SHV for about 70 bucks altogether. I guess it all kind of goes together somehow.
I reinstalled CLoD and RoF and added a lot of Workshop terrain to ARMAIII.
Invisible is another one I'd like. Civil War II, Kerbal Space Program, Endless Legend, Homeworld (thanks to Star on that one), and a few others too. :-\
QuoteWhere was Pillars of Eternity on sale for 17.00?
I have to make a choice between that on sale and the new Sword Coast Legends game.
Even Steam doesn't usually offer more than 25%-30% off for a recently released popular title like Pillars of Eternity, though it's already pretty surprising that they offer a discount to begin with for such games. It's barely two months old.
I know!
I am cleansing my gaming soul by finishing up Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Then maybe a little BOMB! before the new TW DLC is released in a couple of weeks. Who knows what temptation the sale will hold :)
I've actually become pretty good in the last 6 months at playing what I purchase.
Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2015, 12:47:45 PM
Maybe if I force myself to buy ONLY ONE GAME during the entire sale, things will be easier.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.sodahead.com%2Fpolls%2F000778687%2Fpolls_lolz20catti4_3958_701146_poll_xlarge.jpeg&hash=aa6d45f79ee45e967ed7c2e9a761f4b5bf242660)
No faith in this crowd.
Faith, yes. Belief, well that's a whole 'nother thing. :uglystupid2:
Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2015, 02:42:58 PM
No faith in this crowd.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.pandawhale.com%2F107097-Lana-Archer-nope-gif-Imgur-30H1.gif&hash=87009c03fda7d940530d123a02920024758d01f6)
^Are you 'at work'?
I'm working from home, as I do 3 days a week. 8)
I tell people the same thing sometimes. :-X
Just beat The Old Blood. Now on to BOMB this evening, I think. Then maybe Grim Dawn?
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2015, 09:45:48 AM
I'm hoping AoW 3 will be on super sale.
I suppose you missed the AOW3 Deluxe 75% Off Sale at GOG a couple days ago? I posted it in the sale thread!
Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2015, 12:47:45 PM
Where was Pillars of Eternity on sale for 17.00?
At GamesRocket.
Still $18.95 right now.
http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Pillars-of-Eternity-Hero-Edition-Win-Mac-Linux.html
Hey BanzaiCat...
AOW3 is still on sale at GOG for $11.29
http://www.gog.com/game/age_of_wonders_3_deluxe_edition
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.247sports.com%2FUploads%2FAssets%2F377%2F882%2F2882377.gif&hash=7faf15eddea5520f6bd0a0ebf739b68fd3e94962)
Dunno why it didn't show the sale price on a title search for me. I had to go through the sale link on the front page. :knuppel2:
Thanks Nef...I really wonder if the price of Pillars will drop below 18.95 during the Big One.
I've been good! I placed a bunch of games into my cart. Then I looked at the dozen games on my desktop that I haven't played yet and removed them (from the cart not the desktop). Not sure I've ever survived the GOG summer sale before.
-Peeks out from under covers-
So...is the Steam sale on?
If it does start today, we should know at 1:00pm ET.
Sources throughout the interwebs indicate a start today, and as we know.the interwebs never lie. I'm putting my helmet on.
Your Helmet of Pedestal of Steadfastness? Or is there a girdle for that?
I watched a Let's Play of AoW III last night...I MUST HAVE THIS GAME.
I have to wait until I get back from vacation, though.
Helmet on...I am ready.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 11, 2015, 11:58:16 AM
I watched a Let's Play of AoW III last night...I MUST HAVE THIS GAME.
I have to wait until I get back from vacation, though.
The two Expansions really fill it out.
Unfortunate that the core game didn't have as much content as the previous version, and that they're DLC'ing the missing stuff, but this version is also an improvement in some ways, too.
It's heavily focused on warfare. So don't expect an expansive economic and diplomatic 4X setup. Exploring and conquering is the lion's share, with the turn-based battles (and the units involved) having more depth than most.
por que this locked? someone PM me, pls
I dinae do it!
unlocking
Might have been me again on my phone, my bad.
I'm definitely buying ToonStruck on gog for $5.
I'm still on the fence (due to lack of time and a huge pile of games) on Distant Worlds: Universe from Matrix
Steam = zip.
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Dungeon Warfare
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro: Last Light Redux
KWAAN
I think that's it for now. I might buy one or two more over the next week if something grabs me, but I'm quite pleased with that haul. I'll be even more pleased when KWAAN works on my PC...
Oh, and I got into the beta of Stars Beyond Reach which meant I got a free copy.
Gods Will Be Watching, Tidalis and Gas Guzzlers Extreme for a total of about $14 so far.
CMANO should be my only purchase. ???
Credit to Airborne Rifles and the Grogcast for making me buy this. O0
I grabbed Tabletop Simulator and Wolfenstein: Sad BJ.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 13, 2015, 08:38:31 PM
Wolfenstein: Sad BJ.
Wow, they sent a despondent Greg Evigan out to kill trans-human nazzies?
I'm really curious about Wreckfest but the reviews are mixed. Anyone here have it?
CMANO
Close Combat: Gateway to Caen
Expeditions: Conquistador
Hell
Naruto Shippoden 3: Full Burst
Shadowrun - Dragonfall Director's Cut
Small World 2
Table Top Simulator
Wasteland 2
So far I have avoided any damage but I'm seriously considering getting the Core D&D 5e packs for Fantasy Grounds. I also have a crapload of HarnMaster stuff sitting in my DriveThruRPG shopping cart. When I decide to pull the trigger its probably gonna hurt the wallet pretty bad, its just a matter of when.
Slitherine Humble Bundle
Operation Hooper
I'm still wondering if I should grab Command Ops Commander Pack or not..
I'm free of shame so far
Huw I can give you a link to 'frozen Anna and elsa emergency pregnancy ward' - wrong for adults I suspect but junior loves it
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 14, 2015, 05:38:16 AM
Huw I can give you a link to 'frozen Anna and elsa emergency pregnancy ward' - wrong for adults I suspect but junior loves it
Erm....wut? :uglystupid2:
So far Unity of Command for the price of a pint. Given that I've bought quite a lot of stuff recently at non-sale prices, that will be it for me.
Cities: Skylines - let's see what all the fuss is about.
I forgot to ask Jomni's permission first though - oops! ::)
Unusual for me so far, but no sale purchases for me...barely have even looked. Must be getting sick or something:) did purchase a couple non sale items, so maybe that redeems me.
Still waiting for AssCreed: Rogue to drop below 30.00.
Nothing for me as of yet, hoping some of the items on my wishlist get caught in a Flash sale or two....
Add Apotheon to my list, jumping up my spendings to about $18.
Nowt for me either. May be tempted by Endless Legends.
Quote from: bob48 on June 14, 2015, 04:24:37 PM
Nowt for me either. May be tempted by Endless Legends.
It's just been discounted again Bob, down to £13.49 now. May as well jump on board!
In other news, I've only had a quick look at Cities: Skylines but I'm impressed by what I've seen. It's a beautiful game and seems to have everything I'd expect from a game of this type.
I've bought nothing on sale so far, preferring to buy only regularly priced games. :(
And more than a few of those, too...
so far only Solar War and Command HQ, so less than $10, so far
Forgot all about Apotheon. For 3.74 that will push my spending up to about 18.00 as well. Think I'll get it.
Still nothing - its either a testament to my mad previous purchases and I have everything or I'm happy with what I have already
But I do feel left out while everyone gets cool new toys
Do you have Apotheon?
I also remain a Stead-dal of Pedal-fastness. Slash-1, Sale Succubus-0. Come on Bitch. Hit me with your best shot! :knuppel2:
Quote from: Gusington on June 15, 2015, 08:20:25 AM
Do you have Apotheon?
I have it and the soundtrack.... the soundtrack is feakin amazing.
PE
I was tempted to get the soundtrack too but didn't.
you had me at greek mythology
you lost me at 2d platformer
Zeus is spinning in his grave
Zeus as in the old bitmap brothers game?
no you nob - the guy you used to hang around at school with, big beard, toga, lightening rods, you know eleventy-billion years ago when you were a nipper
Oh, him. Yer, forgotten aboot 'im.
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 15, 2015, 10:58:46 AM
you had me at greek mythology
you lost me at 2d platformer
Zeus is spinning in his grave
I agree with Mr Chips. As beautiful as it looks, and as compelling as Greek mythology is, I just don't play this kind of game on the PC. I don't even have a controller. I've almost bought Apotheon several times but common sense has kicked in each time.
Quote from: bob48 on June 15, 2015, 11:09:59 AM
Oh, him. Yer, forgotten aboot 'im.
Lives down near Quayside now, I 'ear...
^LOL
Its nice down there, innit O0
Damage so far is . Way of Life DLC, Cities Skyline DLC, and This War of Mine. Unless The Witcher 3 gets a flash sale to 50-75% off I think I'm done.
All I've picked up is Alien: Isolation and the Season Pass at 75% off...a cool $20 total.
I didn't think I played games like that either until I.bought and loved Mark of the Ninja. For 3.74 I figure it is a decent enough risk to see if lightning strikes again.
I've spent nothing on games after The Witcher III and pCars.
Nothing in the sale has tempted me....well, ok...maybe Homeworld - but I've held off.
Quote from: bob48 on June 14, 2015, 04:24:37 PM
Nowt for me either. May be tempted by Endless Legends.
Endless Legends is a very good game. Recommended highly.
I bought the Way of Life DLC for Crusader Kings II. It's a sickness really. I really want to like CKII, but I don't. I keep thinking that the next DLC will be the one that ties it all together so I buy it, try it, get bored and go back to HOI III or Vicky II. I'm sure if I keep throwing money at it, things will change, right?
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 15, 2015, 02:36:41 PM
I bought the Way of Life DLC for Crusader Kings II. It's a sickness really. I really want to like CKII, but I don't. I keep thinking that the next DLC will be the one that ties it all together so I buy it, try it, get bored and go back to HOI III or Vicky II. I'm sure if I keep throwing money at it, things will change, right?
I'm still on vanilla and I still think it's awesome
Anyone have Wreckfest? Mixed reviews but it calls to me.
Quote from: Gusington on June 15, 2015, 06:02:09 PM
Anyone have Wreckfest? Mixed reviews but it calls to me.
You are in constant Dwarfare with Steam's checkout page, aren't you?
Of course. Isn't that why this and 3 other threads exist...to help us through this best of hard times? :)
So far I've picked up the following:
Prior to the sale:
Football Manager 15 66% off
EU IV: Art of War 75% off
TIS-100 10% off
During the sale:
Legend of Grimrock 2 75% off
State of Decay - Lifeline 80% off
How to Survive - Storm Warning Edition 95% off
Star Ruler 2 50% off
CKII: Charlemagne 75% off
CKII: Way of Life 50% off
For a total of: $57 half of that is FM15 and Star Ruler 2
The half price cmno thread made me look at steam. I got democracy 3, the new cs, and homeworld remastered.
All together 30 something bucks. The best deal was homeworld, which was the biggest ticket item. It is a quality game with just a few hickups. On loading there is a black screen for a while that i have to esc out, or maybebit times out. I suspect it is doing an opening movie which was on screen the first time, after it is black. Also the tutorials keep eying hit the ok button, if you do it jumps farther ahead leaving you doing nothing for quite a while. Do not press ok unless it stops for a while. It almost always gois on as if you had hit ok.
CS GO has better person skins, many more missions, tension forming music. On the downside the bots often get stuck. The zigzag shooting or jumping everywhere are a joke. If you play against tougher bots they do this to make hard targets. Somehow they manage to shoot normally which is a portapotty full o crap. Bringing quake 3 style to cs is a bad move. They should be low, fluid motion for best accuracy.
Democracy 3 is a tough one to talk about. When i realized the linkages of all the things in the design i got very excited. Wow, this might be very intesting. The actual play is very poor. One of the most important things for the game is gdp which you have very limited control over. Both games so far end up with the pres and the whole cabinet getting gunned down after 2 years. I played once as us and once as canada. In the first game some black power group killed us, in the second a religious group killed us. It seems like a copout game, the policies were not extreme. Maybe i have to crank armed cops on every corner to make it to the first election. What were the policy choices that led to this? In both cases a world recession made me look for ways to balance the books. In 1 i cut funding to other countries and used border guards. In the second i tried allowing mj so it could be taxed and reduce the power of organized crime.
My policies end up with strong education, low crime, climbing gdp. Then the game suddenly ends with a note the govt is dead. WTf? Do others have similar experiences with the game? Is thst why it is bargained for a few dollars?
So I have blown £19 on Dirt Rally. Heard some good things and I want to see what Codies is up to before I spring for their new F1 game which looks awesome.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FMisc%2FF1_2015_announce_screen_1_zpszjmufoax.jpg&hash=3935a204b6d16dfdc4e34df371389072424be667)
Steadfast so far! It also helps that I remain kinda broke -- all the more so for having bought stuff for the new digs. :P
Certainly, there's a lot out there that tempts me. However, even if I had the money, I'm not sure how much of it I'd actually buy. In the last 6-12 months, the more compelling question for me hasn't been so much, "Can I justify purchasing the game at this price?", as it is, "How likely am I to really play it?" Due to all the sales these past few years, I already have way too many games that I've played either only a little or not at all, and I'm trying very hard to cut down on that.
Toss in Ironcast at about $8.49, so I'm at...let's call it $27.
Quote from: Martok on June 16, 2015, 01:54:11 PM
Steadfast so far! It also helps that I remain kinda broke -- all the more so for having bought stuff for the new digs. :P
Certainly, there's a lot out there that tempts me. However, even if I had the money, I'm not sure how much of it I'd actually buy. In the last 6-12 months, the more compelling question for me hasn't been so much, "Can I justify purchasing the game at this price?", as it is, "How likely am I to really play it?" Due to all the sales these past few years, I already have way too many games that I've played either only a little or not at all, and I'm trying very hard to cut down on that.
Same for me. :) I have cut way back on my gaming this past eight months or so, partly due to disgust at the state of the industry (i.e., most new games just strike me as inferior retreads of older games), and partly because I really want to get back into boardgames (I've even getting back into chess after a three year hiatus). So I am much more discriminating these days before I pull the trigger.
Having said that ;D, I am keeping an eye on Endless Legends and X: Rebirth. The former because I did like Endless Space despite my belief they abandoned that game prematurely, and the latter because I keep hearing good buzz about the work Egosoft has since done on their epic fail. Elite Dangerous has reminded me how much I love a good space game.
Oh look, Telltale's Game of Thrones game! That's another $20.
Just got back today and immediately bought (on Steam) X-COM: Terror from the Deep, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Transistor, and Hand of Fate.
It's sad that most of the week I was thinking of all the GOG and Steam sales I must have been missing!
I almost got the GOT Telltale game and am still kinda/sorta wanting to pull the trigger on the Borderlands Telltale game, but I have Wolf Among Us to continue playing around with so I think I'll refrain. REFRAIN.
I likely would have picked up a few more titles but my CPU cooler is acting up so I had to order a new one. Pisses me off as I've only had this one for 15 months.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 20, 2015, 10:41:47 PM
I likely would have picked up a few more titles but my CPU cooler is acting up so I had to order a new one. Pisses me off as I've only had this one for 15 months.
What make of CPU is it?
My latest desktop has an Intel i7. I got the retail version, so I put in the stock HSF that came with it. Has the shittiest PC fan I've ever seen on it; exceptionally small and runs at low RPMs. I hear it crank up, running like mad, with some games. Seems like the fan is so weak, it could slow down or stop at any moment.
Bought a decent replacement HSF awhile back but haven't been playing games on the desktop for months. Haven't felt the need to switch it out yet, but I will once I do again.
That stock Intel fan is one of the worst I've seen in nearly two decades. I also never liked the Push & Twist-Lock motif Intel switched to years ago, so that just added to the crappiness. Doesn't feel very securely locked down on top of the CPU.
Now that we're into the last 2 days, I threw down about $35 for Costume Quest 2, The Masterplan, Our Darker Purpose, Infectonator Survivors, Ziggurat and the Endless Legends Guardians DLC.
Maybe I'll actually even play some of them! :2funny:
Quote from: Nefaro on June 21, 2015, 09:47:54 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 20, 2015, 10:41:47 PM
I likely would have picked up a few more titles but my CPU cooler is acting up so I had to order a new one. Pisses me off as I've only had this one for 15 months.
What make of CPU is it?
My latest desktop has an Intel i7. I got the retail version, so I put in the stock HSF that came with it. Has the shittiest PC fan I've ever seen on it; exceptionally small and runs at low RPMs. I hear it crank up, running like mad, with some games. Seems like the fan is so weak, it could slow down or stop at any moment.
Bought a decent replacement HSF awhile back but haven't been playing games on the desktop for months. Haven't felt the need to switch it out yet, but I will once I do again.
That stock Intel fan is one of the worst I've seen in nearly two decades. I also never liked the Push & Twist-Lock motif Intel switched to years ago, so that just added to the crappiness. Doesn't feel very securely locked down on top of the CPU.
Intel i7 CPU. This will be the 3rd cooler in 4 years. I wonder if there's a voltage problem with my MOBO because this thing seems to eat hardware. I've lost 1 video card, 2 CPU coolers and a stick of RAM so far.
The last CPU cooler was the Antec Kuhler 1250 model. I didn't really want to get another one but I did just because the brackets are already in place so reinstallation shouldn't be too painful.
The sales not done yet but I am. Here's the final tally:
CivCity: Rome 4.99 USD
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold 2.49 USD
Enforcer: Police Crime Action 6.79 USD
BattleLore: Command 3.99 USD
Spirit Of War 7.49 USD
Eador. Masters of the Broken World - Allied Forces 0.79 USD
Space Hulk - Ultimate Pack 7.99 USD
The Sherlock Holmes Collection 5.99 USD
Fantasy Grounds 27.99 USD
Tabletop Simulator 13.39 USD
Civ V Cradle DLC: Americas 0.74 USD
Civ V Cradle DLC: Asia 0.74 USD
Civ V Cradle DLC: Mediterranean 0.74 USD
Galactic Civilizations® II 4.99 USD
The Talos Principle 13.59 USD
Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition 7.49 USD
The Walking Dead Season 2 6.24 USD
Space Hulk Ascension Edition 5.69 USD
Worms Revolution 3.74 USD
Worms Armageddon 2.99 USD
128.85 USD
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 21, 2015, 02:54:18 PM
Intel i7 CPU. This will be the 3rd cooler in 4 years. I wonder if there's a voltage problem with my MOBO because this thing seems to eat hardware. I've lost 1 video card, 2 CPU coolers and a stick of RAM so far.
Holy shit! Yeah, cut your losses and start over with a new mobo. Having said that, have you used the same PSU while frying all these components?
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 21, 2015, 02:54:18 PM
The last CPU cooler was the Antec Kuhler 1250 model. I didn't really want to get another one but I did just because the brackets are already in place so reinstallation shouldn't be too painful.
I also forgot the extra gripe about Intel's HSF scheme requiring you to pull out your whole damn motherboard, to switch out the HSF frame on the back so it matches up with the new one properly. Ridiculous. I bought an 3rd party one that uses the basic crappy push & turn method just to avoid having to disassemble the whole damn thing getting a new one on. ::)
Dunno why they decided to change it to something so screwed up. The old school lockdown style ones AMD still uses are far better. Another case of, "If it's not broke don't fookeen fix it!"
Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 21, 2015, 03:36:15 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 21, 2015, 02:54:18 PM
Intel i7 CPU. This will be the 3rd cooler in 4 years. I wonder if there's a voltage problem with my MOBO because this thing seems to eat hardware. I've lost 1 video card, 2 CPU coolers and a stick of RAM so far.
Holy shit! Yeah, cut your losses and start over with a new mobo. Having said that, have you used the same PSU while frying all these components?
Yeah, the PSU is usually the primary suspect.
Summer Steal Sale damage here -- I didn't keep track of pricing. Roughly in order of purchase.
Far Cry 4 -- bought this first thing out of the gate. Not quite half done with it, according to its plot tracker; normally this would mean even less, but I've already done enough side missions that I should be able to max out my karma and xp skillz finishing out the first 'half' of the plot. At this point I only really care about getting some more of the signature weapons.
Stalingrad -- Blitzkrieg returns (or Operation Codename: Panzer for an older school title)
Hero of the Kingdom 2 -- haven't finished or really played HotK1 yet, but figured I might as well pick it up on sale; primarily for the niece, but I liked how the first one began so I may play it myself.
The Wolf Among Us
Verdun
Recettear -- the item-shop sim about capitalism hos or something like that.
You Must Build A Boat -- actually got me to play its predecessor 10,000,000 first, finally.
The latest West Front DLC for Company of Heroes 2
Legend of Fae -- a match 3 combat game
Blackguards 1, 2, and the expansion for 1
Spice Road -- a cheap looking 3D economic game with some interesting mechanics
Khet 2.0 -- aka laser chess
ARK Survival Evolved -- I have finally chosen a dinosaur sandbox survival game. But not played it yet.
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes -- a rebuy of a game I already beat on PS3, because I am sad (and also for the niece perhaps)
Starpoint Gemini 2 -- with its DLC (I mean the paid one, not the free one with SP1's campaign; but that one, too, of course)
Metro Redux Duology
Convoy -- the Mad Maxian followup to FTL roguelike strategy rpg
Foul Play -- beat-em-up platformer set in, and as, a Victorian era stage play
Hand of Fate -- fantasy Arkham combat geared to card game mechanics sort of to generate a semi-roguelike campaign
Runespell: Overture -- combat solitaire poker (except not solitaire obv because it's against enemies) set just after the Byzantine Empire threw the Normans out of southern Italy (though that isn't actually the setting, just mentioned in passing as plot color, but it's a historical Dark Ages squee trivia kind of game. Actually set in England during the reign of Edward the Confessor.)
EU4 DLC catchup, though not to "Common Sense" as it's buggy
Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 21, 2015, 03:36:15 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 21, 2015, 02:54:18 PM
Intel i7 CPU. This will be the 3rd cooler in 4 years. I wonder if there's a voltage problem with my MOBO because this thing seems to eat hardware. I've lost 1 video card, 2 CPU coolers and a stick of RAM so far.
Holy shit! Yeah, cut your losses and start over with a new mobo. Having said that, have you used the same PSU while frying all these components?
Yes, it's the same PSU. I've trended the voltage and it's always in the 3.3V, 5V and 12V specs.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 22, 2015, 11:11:02 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 21, 2015, 03:36:15 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 21, 2015, 02:54:18 PM
Intel i7 CPU. This will be the 3rd cooler in 4 years. I wonder if there's a voltage problem with my MOBO because this thing seems to eat hardware. I've lost 1 video card, 2 CPU coolers and a stick of RAM so far.
Holy shit! Yeah, cut your losses and start over with a new mobo. Having said that, have you used the same PSU while frying all these components?
Yes, it's the same PSU. I've trended the voltage and it's always in the 3.3V, 5V and 12V specs.
While under a load?
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 22, 2015, 11:11:02 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 21, 2015, 03:36:15 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 21, 2015, 02:54:18 PM
Intel i7 CPU. This will be the 3rd cooler in 4 years. I wonder if there's a voltage problem with my MOBO because this thing seems to eat hardware. I've lost 1 video card, 2 CPU coolers and a stick of RAM so far.
Holy shit! Yeah, cut your losses and start over with a new mobo. Having said that, have you used the same PSU while frying all these components?
Yes, it's the same PSU. I've trended the voltage and it's always in the 3.3V, 5V and 12V specs.
DVM's may not catch sharp spikes in voltage that can still cause damage. But on that note, do you have a UPS or surge protector on the system? If just a surge protector and you live in an area that gets thunderstorms, you may want to replace it. The devices that protect against spikes can only survive a certain number before losing their usefulness.
That's quite a haul there Jason!
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 22, 2015, 12:48:51 PM
That's quite a haul there Jason!
+1
And I thought I was being bad with my purchases...LOL...Good luck getting to all that, JP! O0
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 22, 2015, 12:48:51 PM
That's quite a haul there Jason!
That's actually more games than I own :o
A modest haul:
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete (can anyone recommend the best mods for this? I'm a complete beginner with 5 -thanks!)
Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition
Game Dev Tycoon
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Lego Star Wars Saga
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
^Not a mod but try the Scramble for Africa campaign...one of my favorites., lots of fun.
I have escaped the summer pretty well so far. Only damage is the D&D 5e Core PHB and MM modules for Fantasy grounds at $70 (after 30% off). should make mt group happy, they don't have to manually key in as much data now. :2funny:
Ended up grabbing a few last minute things. Banzai Cat convinced me to buy The Wolf Among Us...by talking about it. All the racing game talk convinced me to buy into the early access for Wreckfest. And I tossed in Costume Quest 2, since I enjoyed the original.
About $20ish for Hand of Fate and Magic 2015 and 2014.
Hand of Fate is a pretty decent title. We discussed it in the GrogCast briefly (which will be released next week, not today).
AB post impressions on Wreckfest!
For pure visceral fun, I kind of liked Wreckfest. At the time I bought (ages ago) it was very early and so there wasn't a huge amount of content. But what was there was rather fun....for a while.
I haven't been back to it for a while - so perhaps alot has changed/moved on.
I didn't realize it had been around for that long.
Oh god yes. I bought it last year sometime. The date escapes me and I'm at work so can't log in to Steam so can't confirm the date...but it was quite some time ago. Not millennia but a while ago.
You vouching for it makes me much more likely to buy it...next time it's on sale :)
I just checked and I bought the game in January 2014!!!
I've re-downloaded it to see what's changed.
Post what you find :)
ok
Well. I don't actually know what they've spent a year and a half on. I really don't.
There are 5 cars you can jump in (there was 2 when I bought it). It looks like you can change parts in the car (upgrades?), repair, research, test drive and sell cars but they're all disabled at the minute - so no progress there.
The track list is
- Derby - Stadium
- Derby - Small Stadium
- Derby - Mudpit
- Race - Figure 8
- Race - Gravel with a reverse route
- Race - Tarmac with a reverse route
- Race - Sandpit with a reverse route
- Race - Speedway with figure 8 and oval
- Race - Sandpit 1 with 2 routes and 2 reverse routes
Each of the races have a max of 10 laps. In Derby you have the option of Last Man Standing, Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch and the Derby option goes on for a max of 20 minutes.
As for multiplayer there were 6 servers.
I had THREE crashes to desktop - two were trying to get a
Race - Tarmac loaded...and I still can't play that track. I haven't tested all the others but the ones I did check I was able to get on and race.
Now that's out the way...what's there is fun. But it's way, way far from being finished and I am surprised at the lack of progress after a year and a half.
If you enjoyed Destruction Derby or Monster Truck Madness then you will enjoy this...but it is early and lite at the minute.
Here's a "first look" from January 2014 when I bought it
Thanks JD...I know to hold off for now, then.
Il2 Battle of Moscow
DCS Mig-15
Skyrim, strictly to play the Game of Thrones total conversion mod.
Seems pretty modest, but the IL2 BOM blew my gaming budget wad at the moment.
Do you have a link to the Game of Thrones mod? Is it available on Steam Workshop?
Search the nexus site that is main skyrim mod site. I thought the same thing about steam workshop, but the author states that its too big a package for steam.
There's YouTube lets plays if you want to see what it is like before delving into it.
It's really well done, only negative is that some of the vanilla voice acting comes out. If they redid the voice acting, it would be worth payware.
I'm sorry to say that's historically a rather moderate haul for me during a sale... :D
I suspect all the other games put together wouldn't cost much more than FC4 + single-playerDLC did (even on its own sale). So it isn't really as bad as it looks.
Thanks Skoop! Sounds pretty epic.
Speaking of epic, the Steam Workshop does now include the Falskarr mod for Skyrim if you haven't already seen it. 26 New quests, 20-30 hours of gameplay and very highly rated by users. Though I haven't tried it yet.
You bastard.
I beg your pardon, Sir. My parents not only knew each other but were related. Thank You. :coolsmiley:
Quote from: Sir Slash on June 24, 2015, 02:48:40 PM
I beg your pardon, Sir. My parents not only knew each other but were related. Thank You. :coolsmiley:
Did they ever tell you not to admit that?
Did I just admit that? Uh-Oh. Distantly... related. That's why I have only 12 toes instead of 14. In a related note that has nothing to do with being related, I sprung for the Last Roman DLC for Attila TW. Need a new TW fix.
With the wife and kids visiting, I have had next to zero time computer-wise. Which is sad cause Ive got ample opportunity now to get my global combat on via Day of Defeat: Source, Red Orchestra, CoD: World at War , and finally Insurgency.
Only one of those has zombies somewhere in there so Im getting better in that area at least....
Quote from: Skoop on June 23, 2015, 08:13:25 PM
Il2 Battle of Moscow
...
Seems pretty modest, but the IL2 BOM blew my gaming budget wad at the moment.
Do you have IL2 BoS? I haven't fired it up in months, so didn't see the point of buying BoM.
Yep, I have Bos and fly it everyday so I jumped in to the next installment. I can't say I'd recommend it because the devs in Moscow have had issues with the direction of where to take the sim and with addressing the needs of the community. The core of the sim is solid, based on the proven rise of flight.
If your a casual sim guy looking for good single player missions, you will hate it. If your more of a mp or coop guy and love flying online you will like it.
The break through for me was the release of the editor and finding a group of guys that make custom missions to coop online.
Also they will allow BOS people to buy the p40 on its own to fly in bos, if you don't want to go for the 80.00 total package.
Quote from: Skoop on June 26, 2015, 12:41:38 PM
Yep, I have Bos and fly it everyday
Good to hear! I must get back into it - bought it in early access but was put off by having to re-learn stuff at every update. Also I'm very much a MP person, but I know I need to practice off-line before venturing into MP. It's a bit of a Catch 22 : SP bores me but I don't want to go on-line til I've done enough of it to do so.